[AAR] Trapping Free Willy (in Solitude)

Cryptic Sharvas
Title: Pochven Fleet Captian

[AAR] Trapping Free Willy (in Solitude)

Post by Cryptic Sharvas »

Well yesterday didn't go as planned. I figured I'd sign on and get some PI done, then switch to the hauler and just play a game of moving stuff around.

You know, have a relaxing day after the shared can events.

So I get into mumble at the AMC and I get on chat and hey there's this shattered WH everyone is talking about. I do love some good ice, but surprise surprise it wasn't scanned down at the AMC, it was scanned down by the Soli bros. and they just happened to find a connection close to the AMC.

I thought about I really did. I really enjoy mining ice in a shattered wormhole.

But then it happened. the crazy captian of the orca used to assemble the mining titan during my shared cans announces he has a second orca and we should move it to Soli.

Okay, so at this point we have one crazy idea. jump it through the shattered wormhole. We have 2 lunatic pilots, myself and Greagan Tonathias. We also have absolutely no idea what we are doing.

Like will it even fit?

We quickly outfitted ships with probes and a launcher because we figured we might get the orca in and collapse the worm hole behind us, resulting in a need to find another exit.

So the worm hole was located thanks to bookmarks by the Soli team, and we checked, hmm "larger" ships can fit through this wormhole. IS a orca a large shipe? a larger ship or a humongous ship??? we had no idea.

Where to find out? I know WHC mumble if those guys don't know we will just bump it through the wormhole. I jumped down and they had time for my question and said that it should fit. That was good enough for me.

In the scout ship I jumped into the Shattered wormhole first. I mean what could possibly go wrong? nothing did. no explosions, no death, no podding... yawn.. boring.

I then went to the exit to Solitude, completely forgetting to bookmark the exit to AMC. I then checked and it also allowed larger ships to pass. So we knew we could get in and out.

The Orca entered... and got stuck.. seriously have you seen how big that haul is? Greagon had an alt and he rammed the orca and it popped into the Wormhole.

With the Orca now in the Shattered Wormhole I warped to zero on the Soli exit and then they warped to me. I exited the worm hole and checked for any baddies in Solitude hi-sec. because you just never know. I gave the all clear and out popped the orca, but you should have seen the condition of Greagon's alt's Stratios from bumping the orca through wormholes. all dented up and in need of some serious Duct tape.

We then started the most treacherous part of our journey - Flying through Hi Sec Solitude.

I jumped into the ice belt system and there was a -5 in there. so we did the proper thing and jumped the orca in. and warped to the next gate and jumped out.

We started to get closer to home base in Solitude and then it happened.

We docked the Orca up.

We also left through the same Shattered WH and Jump clones were successfully installed.

I'd like to thank the Solitude E-Uni folks that found the shattered wormhole and I'd like to thank the WHC for answering some completely random questions.

The crazy miners at AMC now have an Orca in Solitude
Image ImageImageImageImage
Tylenos Targas
Title: WHC Admin Officer, Overdue for a podding, Mass Damps, tl;dr, Cannon Virtuoso, Inactive Softeners, Graduate

Re: [AAR] Trapping Free Willy (in Solitude)

Post by Tylenos Targas »

The Stratios got dented up? You should see the wormhole after the Orca went through... It's not a pretty sight.
Zeerse Solaris
Title: Diplomat, AMC Officer, Mentor, Bloober, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Zeerse Solaris »

If you join the solitude mailing list the scanners there will email out high to high wormholes, making it a much less risky proposition to move an orca there, unless we're taking a uni piloted Orca and then :roll:
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor
Cryptic Sharvas
Title: Pochven Fleet Captian

Post by Cryptic Sharvas »

yes I'm aware of the mailing list but this was just an opportunity that was dumped into our laps.

The other option was I was going to scan down Worm holes from Soli and find a link because none were active at the time.
Image ImageImageImageImage
Greagan Tonathias
Title: AMC Officer, Graduate

Post by Greagan Tonathias »

yea i probably shouldnt have flown the Orca in sideways... Eh go figure. But hey just a little bump and some scratched and dented paintwork and voila got it through. I must thank you all for the much needed help and spur of the moment Orca move.
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Bantams Are Love, Bantams Are Life. Nothing More to Say About That. Oh and My Ideas Are The Best!! If Its Not A Box Dont Fly It- friendly Reminder From Your Neighborhood Bantam Man.
Andrew Nightshade
Title: Solitude Officer, Sophomore

Post by Andrew Nightshade »

I put together the story from the other perspective in the Solitude Forum. Think it should be moved out here?

--Nightshade
It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
-- Ashleigh Brilliant
Alto DeRaqwar
Title: Senior Personnel Officer, Graduate

Post by Alto DeRaqwar »

Poor fabric of time/space. Abused yet again by rough capsulers.
Lost Soul
Image Image
Image Image Image