Z0X Ambrye
gaheris Anninen
Guiliano Thellere
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Student Advocate, Personnel Officer, Sophomore

Re: [AAR] Guinea Pirates! XXVI

Post by Guiliano Thellere »

I can add a small narrative from my perspective; got blaped at 59:07 despite Jax's best efforts (thanks Jax!), had some stuff to sort in RL before I could reship and rejoin, as soon as I did about 20 mins later I caught up in time for an engagement on a gate and got blaped by the gate guns. At about 3am in the UK I moped off to bed in s pretty bad mood...

Other than that, great FCing by NotA Witch, rubbish piloting by Guiliano Thellere
ImageImageImageImageImage
Fletch Christian

Re: [AAR] Guinea Pirates! XXVI

Post by Fletch Christian »

My first Fleet after being gone from the game for some time ...and my first time flying logi...was a nice mix to scrub it up on my behalf.. was a lemming..warped the wrong gate I think twice.. and let the fleet burn away from me once ending up not being in a position to support a pilot burning for a tackle ( lucky the other logi pilot did not make same mistake as me and was able to save the day) ect..but learned a bunch in a trial by fire...

it was a very fun fleet to be on and we saw a good deal of action ..great job by the skirmishers to get targets .. and the 2ic for taking control when the FC went down (sorry bad with names)

really enjoyed this doctrine... very fast and agile in warps and on grid and with decent dps.. though a lil more might have helped and allowed it to take on bigger/more targets..

It was a great fleet to be on as a first time logi pilot from my perspective it was really easy to see what a difference logistics can bring to a fight.. when I was not being all thumbs and able to back up my other logi pilots we were tanking all incoming dps very well by the time one kestrel got primed if one of the other logi's managed to grab and rep them then they were fine .. and one or two more reppers on my part would bring them back up to full tank in one or two cycles and hold them there till the opposition switched targetd .

I did notice sometimes however that the difference between a kestrel going down or not was the lock time ..this is of course the nature of the beast .. the little frigate needs to sig tank in order to survive.. but you cant lock it up fast enough to save it...(perhaps look into finding room in the fit to decrease lock time ? ) like when nota went down to gate guns.. I saw him taking damage immediately but in the time it took to lock him the gate guns popped him...

Another thing I noticed. I was expecting to take a lot of fire as a logi pilot..I was kinda even looking forward to it .....I didn't take any fire that I can remember (mabey once its been a few days) and the other logi pilots really were not as well . In a lot of cases the targets were often switching fire from one kestrel to another and ignoring the bursts entirely or if they were being primed not for very long and the opposition would switch focus back to something else there was certainly no point where it felt that they were trying to "break the logi" .. there were times where I didn't even get yellow boxed..

it is true ... 5 kestrels and 3 bursts can take on the world.

Thanks for the great time Nota Witch and everyone will be looking for this fleet again in the future