[AAR] Monday Mayhem 2017-05-23

NotA Witch
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Fittings staff, Graduate

[AAR] Monday Mayhem 2017-05-23

Post by NotA Witch »

This another tough one in null-sec. I will try and continue to do roams in null security despite how tough it has been. I have really, really learned a lot. I hope you all have learned and have had fun, too.

Kills and Losses

Wouldn't be a Uni fleet if we didn't lose someone to guns, right Jax??? :D :D :D
(00:17:45) Frarie
Malediction -38.33m

We couldn't even make it into null-sec without finding a fight. Placid and Black Rise are just filled with content right now and its awesome. It started off with a handful of cruisers. Great time to fight. They brough in some frigates, fine. We kept fighting and then they dropped a dreadnought. We had to extract but unfortunately we were outnumbered and many people were tackled. I called to scatter knowing we would be sacrificing our logistics. There may have been a better way to do this? Please let me know in the comments below.

Should I have called for the fleet to align out and put prop mods on? Figure out if people were scram/webbed and by whom? Then blow up opposing tackle? Was abandoning the logi the correct call?
(00:25:46) Eugales
Rupture +30.65m
Maulus -6.04m
Sabre -80.86m
Caracal -30.25m
Algos +10.8m
Osprey -8.8m
Osprey -19.62m
Osprey -8.8m

We decided to move on and bring the people who lost ships with us. We had some ships in X-M. Then... MC had the FD-/PF- camped. IT started off with a bubbler and a few ships. We should have just went for it then but I waited thinking our odds would get better but that is the OPPOSITE of what would ever happen. One thing I learned that I did not know before - dropping a bubble does not give you weapons timers. I called to engage a sabre that jumped through - thinking bubbles cause timers - but he just dropped a bubble and jumped. Now we had timers and were inside a bubble.

They didn't bring a fight in to attack because I think only one or two actually engaged the Sabre. We waited for timers then jumped. I called to have us burn out of bubble and then runaway. Some got out, a lot did not. Lots of pod kills unfortunately.

Lessons learned:
1) If a gate is beginning to get bubbled on both ends you gotta just gogogogo. No waiting on gates - this isn't Low Sec. Your chances don't get better with time - they get exponentially worse.
2) Dropping bubbles does not cause timers. It is easy for a Sabre to bubble both sides of the gates without instalockers and with support.
3) Get pods off gates unless you are jumping. Pods should NEVER wait on a gate.

(00:43:24) PF-346, FD-MLJ
Capsule -0.01m
Caracal -18.02m
Caracal -26.45m
Capsule -0.7m
Caracal -29.84m

Same as before - this is more running away. Props to the INIT guys for popping some kills off while we moved.
(00:51:33) X-M2LR
Stiletto +35.71m
Ares +28.99m
Caracal -26.31m
Caracal -16.56m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.71m

ALRIGHT - FINALLY got a chance to do some proper null-sec roaming. We took a long break to wear away at MC's patience. They didn't bother us anymore for the night. We set destination for Cloud Ring and did some laps. We got a call out early on for a Brutix. We found him at a gate and he surprisingly took the fight. We went to work on him and it was overall a gud fite.
(01:22:53) 1-3HWZ
Griffin -0.9m
Brutix +74.58m
Caracal -27.23m
Caracal -14.53m

His friend came to play and we made quick work of him.
(01:31:26) 1-3HWZ
Thorax +31.45m

My memory is foggy on this - I don't remember what happened. I think he was trying to catch up with the fleet and unfortunately came face to face with some Culture.
(01:38:22) B-DBYQ
Caracal -12.22m
Capsule -42.96m

Ack this was frustrating. We got a call-out for an opposing gatecamp that would have been a really good fight. I work with some experiences null-seccers and INIT to plan the engagement. It was probably the fact that I needed some advice here that slowed us down and caused us to miss the fight. I have the info now on how to do this and will be able to do it much quicker. Null-Sec is paced a LOT faster than low-sec. I love it.
(02:16:53) PPG-XC
Condor +2.72m

We popped into low-sec again and found another good fight. I am hazy on details but it looks like we were really trying to punch-up here because there ship sizes were perfect for RLMLs. We got some kills but traded a little poorly.
(02:40:56) Nennamaila, Hikkoken
Malediction -39.69m
Capsule -5.69m
Svipul +51.4m
Caracal -23.63m
Svipul +47.18m
Caracal -13.9m
Caracal -13.09m
Caracal -15.91m
Caracal -23.99m
Caracal -18.09m

I am glad that on the third attempt I was FINALLY able to do some proper null-sec roaming. Thank you so much for coming out and HUGE thank you to Noah and the rest of the fleet that lost ships and traveled to meet up with us again. The reinforcements were AWESOME!

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 313,480,925.93
ISK Lost: 563,145,668.56
ISK Delta: -249,664,742.63
Efficiency: 35.76%

Roam Members (23)
Aisha Kasenumi
Andrew Aarons
Auresh Odunen
Castellan Khurelem
Disciple
Exonfang