[WHC] A little Sunday fishing

Biwako Acami
Title: Assistant Manager (Fittings), Ensign, Graduate, Management

[WHC] A little Sunday fishing

Post by Biwako Acami »

We were mostly having a hauling day as Eggs was 4 jumps from Jita. A stealth bomber was spotted jumping out into Eggs so I decided to sit on the wormhole with my blap confessor (not great alpha but 2-hit kills most explorer frigates)

When Calaheim's Epithal headed back into Innuendo, stealth bombers jumped in with him and tried to tackle him. I started shooting the bombers who then jumped back out to Eggs (guessing they had a shield extender). While they were leaving a Hecate also landed from somewhere in Innuendo. I briefly engaged it but had to withdraw into Eggs because I had no tank. Once Eggs was clear on Innuendo side I jumped back in and reshipped to my Coercer (my 1v1-me-at-sun-bro ship.)

Others started camping Eggs so I kept eyes on Bacon (assumed that this was where the traffic was from) and was planning to engage/tackle the Hecate. The Hecate pilot had up-shipped into a Cerberus when he jumped in from Bacon. I was close to engage but not close enough to jump into bacon immediately. I don't think I came out clearly on comms either so my ship perished quickly (not that I would have lasted long enough for backup under Rapid Lights)

Biwako Acami's Coercer -12.14m

Gatt in a Tengu chased the Cerberus into Bacon. A Tornado and the Cerberus were about 70 km off from wormhole. Gatt cloaked up and warped off to reposition. Gatt figured out they were headed to 2B1 and noticed that they were rolling with a Megathron. I jumped into Bacon with a Heretic to check if the Tornado and Cerberus was on grid but it looked like they had returned to 2B1. I waited on *Bacon and asked for backup. Gatt jumped in to check out what they had in space. The Megathron was spotted along with the a Falcon.

I asked for logi in case of an escalation but there were only 5 of us in fleet who could join so we decided to go with mostly DPS. While our backup was forming on .Bacon Gatt had managed to tackle the Megathron after it had jumped into Bacon. I called for everyone to jump in from Innuendo and warp to Gatt. I went into 2B1 to setup a bubble on the wormhole to hinder their reinforcements. The Falcon was on grid but I ignored him and headed back to get in on the Megathron kill. We let the pod go.

Nura Odo's Megathron 213.92m

Gatt jumped back into 2B1 and was greeted by a Chimera at about 40-50km off the wormhole. He retreated again into Bacon while we formed up a fleet to take on the Chimera with logi pilots etc. Once the Chimera ping went out we got a lot of people in fleet and were able to get logi and DD to take on the Chimera. As we were taking a while to form I decided to jump in and get eyes on the Chimera and maybe even tackle in case they get risk averse or lose interest. As soon as gatecloak was done the Chimera put his Firbolg's onto me. As the Chimera was exactly 70km from the hole I warped to a planet behind Chimera in the hopes of bouncing back on top if it but because of the angle ended up 40km-sih off. The Firbolgs were still at the wormhole so I burned towards him and dropped a warp disrupt bubble that even managed to envelop his ship but he had already engaged warp.

A Cerberus landed to take me on once again so I bounced to get back to the wormhole at 0. I tried to burn to the Cerberus from the wormhole (again not the brightest idea). I could not reach him for a scram and had called for backup when I managed to get him in a warp disrupt bubble. Unfortunately not only did he burn out of the bubble, he was also a ways off from the wormhole when backup arrived.

Biwako Acami's Heretic -70.65m

We headed back, bringing the wormhole to critical mass on the way back. While I headed home in my pod residents of 2B1 sent in a rolling Devoter to close the crit hole. He was 10 km off the wormhole so with dual webs from Conci's Daredevil and a lot of bumping we were able to take down the Devoter. We didn't have a bubbler anymore so the pod managed to extract.

Scarlett Anitte's Devoter 334.61m

In hindsight:
  • Coercer loss was pointless. I could have stayed aligned and only engaged when I knew what the target was.
  • Heretic as a choice for ship was not very good since we didn't actually use the bubbles. I'm not sure they had much in terms of backup that got hindered by the only useful bubble I popped.
  • Heretic loss again was a bit pointless. I could have just headed home or even tried to burn away and draw him towards the wormhole.
  • Don't burn into a missile ship especially as a small ship into rapid lights :facepalm:
Thanks for forming up and taking the fight!

Any and all feedback is welcome.
Just a humble scout
Drak N'Gol
Title: Graduate

Re: [WHC] A little Sunday fishing

Post by Drak N'Gol »

FYI: The megathron killmail link is to the heretic's kill
Biwako Acami
Title: Assistant Manager (Fittings), Ensign, Graduate, Management

Re: [WHC] A little Sunday fishing

Post by Biwako Acami »

Fixed, thanks for pointing that out.