[LSC] How I learned that logis die first

Caliban Ohmiras

[LSC] How I learned that logis die first

Post by Caliban Ohmiras »

It seems like it would be a relatively simple proposition that you pick up in any game--the healer dies first--but it was nonetheless a surprise to be burned down in approximately 3-5 seconds before I could even hover over the armor broadcast button. Great fleet though, and look forward to doing it again!

http://killfeed.eveuniversity.org/?a=ki ... _id=419803
Maximus Hert
Title: Sophomore

Re: [LSC] How I learned that logis die first

Post by Maximus Hert »

Yep that'll happen.
You may want to assign a hotkey to avoid this in the future I use shift A for armor shift S for Shields
Zeerse Solaris
Title: Diplomat, AMC Officer, Mentor, Bloober, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Zeerse Solaris »

Was it because your tank modules were in your hold rather than fit to your ship? :D
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor
Laser Skaron
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Laser Skaron »

Caliban Ohmiras wrote:It seems like it would be a relatively simple proposition that you pick up in any game--the healer dies first--but it was nonetheless a surprise to be burned down in approximately 3-5 seconds before I could even hover over the armor broadcast button. Great fleet though, and look forward to doing it again!

http://killfeed.eveuniversity.org/?a=ki ... _id=419803
The more significant problem here is you don't have any tank on that fit. By that I mean your low modules are in cargo, not actually fitted. Just putting them on almost triples your EHP (and thus increase your time to broadcast for reps) and further fit optimizations can probably bring you even higher.
Caliban Ohmiras

Yeah, I didn't realize I wasn't skilled enough to actually use them until about halfway through the event (oops) so I stripped them in case they were penalizing me without benefiting me.
Raido Kudonen

Post by Raido Kudonen »

Modules have no effect on your ship unless you online them. So you don't need to strip them. It would be wise to train into the use of T2 armor tank modules, however, as the Uni uses armor ships frequently and the skills benefit you even when you're flying a shield ship (especially Hull Upgrades for the T2 damage control).
"What is good in life, Raido?"
"To crush your enemies. To see them bubbled before you, and to hear the lamentations of their carebears."

Join Fweddit - Be a Space Chikun!
Caliban Ohmiras

Got it, I've certainly learned my lesson and I will definitely turn to that as soon as I've trained into DD BLAP.
Andrew Nightshade
Title: Solitude Officer, Sophomore

Post by Andrew Nightshade »

Sorry Raido, I have to disagree with you there.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Cloaking

Scan Resolution Penalty
(page 7)
The Prototype and Improved Cloaks have a scan resolution penalty. Your scan resolution affects how fast you can target-lock stuff. This penalty is active whether the cloak is on or off, and it is even active when the cloak is offline.
Fitting the Prototype Cloak will double your locking time, whereas the Improved Cloak increases it by a little less.
This increase in locking time means that you have much less chance of catching somebody when you de-cloak next to them. The sensor recalibration delay is a much bigger factor in this, and we'll come onto that in a minute.
The CovOps cloak does not have a scan resolution penalty.

Given that at least one device can have an effect when offlined, I think it was probably a good "better safe than sorry" move on his part. (Although I believe you are correct about the modules in question.)

--NIghtshade
It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
-- Ashleigh Brilliant
Analiese Aubernet

Post by Analiese Aubernet »

I do believe the cloaking device is the only module which has a negative behaviour even when offline.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Logies are often primaried on the grid. Especially, if they are T1 logies. But they are not alway easy to kill.
The additional useful advice I can give is to not stay still, but move perpendicular to something that shoots you, to keep it simple - orbit your target. Ideally with Afterburner turned on.

Killing T2 logy is much harder. It requires either overwhelming forces or EWar...

And this is a point when game gets really interesting :)
Analiese Aubernet

Post by Analiese Aubernet »

In a fleet situation, logi should almost always be anchored on the logi anchor.