[FCC] 2017.05.16 - NoP Kitchen Sink Frigates

Reise Amatin
Title: Mentor, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Teacher, Graduate

[FCC] 2017.05.16 - NoP Kitchen Sink Frigates

Post by Reise Amatin »

ACTIONABLE GOALS
Improvement items to work on from my last fleet (2017.05.09):
  • Preparation. Continue to tweak preparation items so that things continue to run smoother and smoother.
  • Decision Making. Continue refining decision-making ability. This is going to be the process that takes the most amount of time I think.
  • Action. Keep working on command chatter. I think eventually it will become a habit, but for now it needs to be conscious action.
  • Keep LEARNING!
PARTICIPANTS
Aisha Kasenumi
Auresh Odunen
Birdinator Wyld
Carl Misjekis
Chagrin Case
Clytemestra
Doctor Kling
Felix Jugo
Jason VanZhandt - Skirmish Scout
Kontxesi Buchanan - 3IC, Skirmish Scout
Maximus Hert
Nivek Yeldnik
Noah Ather - 2IC
NotA Witch - Logi
Philbro Kishunuba
Reise Amatin
Rikki Bigg
Rixla
Sone Eto - Skirmish Scout
Tokumei Kumiai
Tom Endares
Trevor Grambling
Vors Voorhorian
Xana McBash
Z0X Ambrye

OBSERVATIONS
The fleet started off strangely. Advertised the Newbro intro for 0115, but we had a lot of peole show up right at 0130, which set our departure time back to almost 0200. For this fleet, I had some strange idea that we would contain our combat to flashy targets only, and I discovered rather quickly that it wasn't going to be viable on a week night to do so. We probably could have doubled our kills, but live and learn.

Up the pipe from Stacmon into Black Rise, we went into the back pocket that leads to Kariataimon in Lonetrek. We found a Thorax in Kehjari and the fleet was able to pin it down and make short work of it.

(02:46:43) Kehjari
Thorax +13.46m

On our way back out of the back pocket, we found a Huginn, which took out our scout, but we vented our frustration on a hapless Venture.

(03:12:37) Hykanima, Ashitsu
Venture +0.19m
Atron -3.23m

These last 3 kills were rather strange. We did well with what we could find, until that last bit in Pyn when we got dropped on by a cruiser/BC fleet, and it went south.

(03:54:57) Okkamon
Merlin +0.88m

(04:10:08) Pynekastoh
Ibis +0.16m

(04:22:36) Pynekastoh
Slasher -4.81m
Atron -0.94m
Capsule -20.25m
Slasher -1.04m
Heron +0.43m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 15,122,146.2
ISK Lost: 30,269,997.82
ISK Delta: -15,147,851.62
Efficiency: 33.314%

PERFORMANCE REVIEW
Everything was very quiet on this roam, despite seeing lots of activity on Dotlan and the killboards. I felt good with leading the roam, and I had the thought after the roam that I can't understand why I was so nervous about jumping in and doing this. I think a lot of the remaining issues and concerns are going to be matters of experience - constant comms chatter to keep everyone on the same page, target calling, understanding what we can and can't handle as a fleet, etc. I am going to finish up my last two remaining fleets for Lt JG using the Kitchen Sink "doctrine", and then I am going to switch to a standardized doctrine, such as Magic Merlins or Tater Tots. I am looking forward to running a doctrine fleet which will allow for the use of logi and anchoring and functioning as more of a cohesive unit.

I don't feel like there was anything especially wrong performance-wise on this roam. We certainly had bad luck finding targets, and my decision not to engage non-flashies was part of that. BUT, I think I made the correct decision by scrapping that idea about 1/2 way through when I realized it was going to be pointless. Everyone did really well keeping up, scouts were again excellent, and I enjoyed myself.

SUMMARY
Again, strange fleet. Felt very quiet even though the killboards said there was activity to be found. I'm getting comfortable to the point where I think I am about ready to step up and FC a doctrine fleet that has more strict control requirements on my part and adds another level of complexity to the FC workload.

Actionable Goals:
  • Preparation. Continue to tweak preparation items so that things continue to run smoother and smoother - Check.
  • Decision Making. Continue refining decision-making ability - Check Minus. Better, not quite happy yet to call this done.
  • Action. Keep working on command chatter - Check Minus. Still needs work
  • Learning - Check!. As long as I learn something new each time I will call this a success.
Quality Improvement Actions:
  • Decision Making.
  • Action.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image ImageImage Image Image

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image