[Solo] Lazy PvP - for Kelon's May Competition

Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

[Solo] Lazy PvP - for Kelon's May Competition

Post by Budda Sereda »

I just had some fun as part of CfT (https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 6&t=104698 - thanks Eadrom for writing AAR so quickly after the event!) and decided that I will write few AARs, but to keep it interesting I will take my talwar, sit in plex and wait if somebody warps to me.

It was probably not the best idea (because my KB had a recent kill in the same ship) and it is probably really naive to expect that doing something else you will catch hostile on plex with you,... but I wanted to relax a bit, and if watch local I will have time to react.

So I warped to Dastryns, Iges, OST, Covryn, back to Ost,... found nothing, "hypnotized" myself to watch local... warped to the plex... Wrote something in chat... and realized I have a Dramiel on grid with me. Upsie-daisie... I had fit rockets with navy ammo, scram, web, ab, DC, Nano, and BCU... so I tried to keep range from Dramiel, but until I locked and scrammed/webbed him he was at 6-7km from me.

I did not have many options, overheated AB, (rockets were already pre-heated), and started shooting him. I was trying to move out of him and I believe I did a good job, but this did not work very well: he was closing the range...

In any case, the fight was going on, I was getting him down quicker than he was killing me... I got quite a bit of heat damage and turned off overheating from rockets.

At some point, he started repairing his armor... and even neuted me. No many options,... We both were at 50% of hull, but he was repairing armor... :(

I clicked my AB, which started work, so I pulled a bit of range and I believe that is what saved myself: he probably was reloading his cap booster and was out of cap himself so I pulled up to around 6km... and dispatched him:
https://zkillboard.com/kill/62367030/ +127M
And that's how my ship was looking after the fight: http://i.imgur.com/SLEu4jQ.jpg

What makes this kill especially valuable for me is that this is my ever first solo PvP in FW space :)
Budda Sereda

Re: [Solo] Lazy PvP - for Kelon's May Competition

Post by Budda Sereda »

To be honest, I'm sorry for that guy: he has pretty good KB, but looks like all his kills he got in fleets, and whenever he goes solo he loses expensive ships...
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

BTW, was his fit good? I would probably put ancillilary armor repper... that would give him more cap for neuts... or maybe even replaced cap booster by incilliary shield booster or 2nd web.
Trixie Lapin
Title: Sophomore

Post by Trixie Lapin »

Budda Sereda wrote:BTW, was his fit good? I would probably put ancillilary armor repper... that would give him more cap for neuts... or maybe even replaced cap booster by incilliary shield booster or 2nd web.
Nice kill. I'm sure you're feeling proud of that one :) And pleased with the drop.

I don't know how to fit a Dramiel. The two most common concepts I see are the ones that fit dual prop and SAAR and the ones that are cap boosted to run dual faction reps. So this fit isn't exactly standard. My guess is that you're right: he should either roll with the SAAR and drop the cap booster for a useful tackle or prop mod, or go dual rep if he's cap boosted. I fought a dual faction rep one the other day in a 250 dps Tormentor and could not break him.