[CCI] Capture The Flag - 2017-05-18 - LSC

Eadrom Vintarus
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Special Projects (NSC, LSC, Solitude, FCC), Ensign, Mentor, Graduate

[CCI] Capture The Flag - 2017-05-18 - LSC

Post by Eadrom Vintarus »

Participants

Team A:
Bill Achasse

Team B:
Budda Sereda

Light turn out this week, but we still had a nice 1v1 dessie match. Bill was in a Cormorant with Budda in a Talwar. I posted up on a random planet, about 160km up so as to give some space in case of honorable third parties wanting to join, and called for warp to me at random range.

> Bill landed on me at 0 and Budda at I believe 50km. They started burning towards each other.

> Bill had his MWD off as he probably expected Budda to open up with light missiles and turning on his MWD would bloom his sig. Budda had his prop mod on and was burning towards Bill.

> However, no flurry of light missiles sped towards Bill's vessel. The match was starting up a little anti-climatically with both opponents pulling in range. However after about 15 seconds or so, Budda's strategy became clear. He let loose with ROCKETS in a surprising turn of events!

> Bill was then scrammed. This meant that Budda had control of range. I didn't see notifications about webs going on Budda and Bill tried to adapt to losing prop mod by loading long range ammo and began peeling back Budda's shields.

> It was too late however, as Budda's rockets were tearing through Bill's defenses too quickly. Just as the last of Budda's shields were evaporating, Bill's Cormorant could take no additional punishment and broke up in a beautiful ball of fire.

Budda won! We scooped loot and headed back to LSC home station. Bill got his loot and we called it.

Thank you to both of you for a fun match and thank you for coming out!

Budda claimed his prize and will be receiving a Caldari Navy Hookbill!

Lesson's Learned:

This time I advertised quite a bit more: corp mail, slack messages, in-game campus chat channels and a notification in Alliance chat about 5 minutes beforehand. I probably should have advertised the event in alliance sooner than 5 minutes. The issue there is I'm working nights and I just woke up about 40 minutes before the event. I flew up from the NSC to the LSC with flags and setup the fleet and then advertised. That didn't leave much time left for a notification in alliance chat. I was going to stage this morning after I got home from work, but I was so tired I went straight to bed and so had to stage when I woke up. I should schedule more time in between waking up and the start of the event.

I didn't have generic ships prepped this time because of how close we were to Stacmon's little trade hub, which worked out fine.

I didn't send out team mails this time because there was only one person that signed up for the event before hand.

Speaking of sign ups, I'm thinking for a new event that a lot of people might have heard of, one week cycle appears to be too fast. I will try giving more time for signups and advertising the next match and see if that helps yield more participation.
\o/ Retired \o/ Director of Special Projects - NSC, LSC, Solitude Campuses, and the Fleet Command Course
Feeling lost or overwhelmed? Request an E-UNI Mentor today!
Looking for small gang PVP and BLOPs'ing? Look at J-Drop today!

Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [CCI] Capture The Flag - 2017-05-18 - LSC

Post by Budda Sereda »

Thanks Eadrom!

I think the event is fun and has a big potential, unfortunately, not well attended. Not sure what can be done to popularize it, but making it biweekly makes sense. Plus: give 8 weeks to sign off and 2-3 for teams to prepare: 1 day is too short to develop a strategy. Especially at NSC with its poor market.
Nivek Yeldnik

Re: [CCI] Capture The Flag - 2017-05-18 - LSC

Post by Nivek Yeldnik »

I was thinking of attending this even without signing up but ended up being way too tired to do much than 1 hauling trip on my alt and rechecking skill queues

Hopefully this won't be the case next time as it seems especially with low attendance a great opportunity to learn from some near 1 on 1 time with some vets