AUTZ NOP Restart

Rezda Nardieu
Title: LSC Logistics Division, Can of Worms, FCC staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade

AUTZ NOP Restart

Post by Rezda Nardieu »

We had 12 people, a great turnout for this timezone. Thanks to everyone who came out.

It was a bit quiet, but I had fun.

We almost caught a flashy Comet on the Ostingele/Nen gate. We had point on one side, I called for everyone to jump and stayed on one side myself thinking I could catch him. I couldn't.

(learning note) - I need to setup a vanguard before undocking and try to have tackle on either side.

The Comet came back and try to split us up. He did so very well.

(08:39:19) Ostingele, Nennamaila
Crusader -39.21m
Atron -3.54m

Our scout was caught by a Cynabal on a plex
(09:15:33) Reitsato, Asakai
Imperial Navy Slicer -31.75m

I then took everyone to a plex and gave a quick lesson on how to D-Scan a plex to find something. We found a Kestrel.

Kestrel +3.16m

Our scout found a worm in a novice and I made the call to send our frigates in. It was not a good call.
(09:48:04) Eha
Maulus Navy Issue -35.86m
Atron -0.64m
Capsule -0.01m

All in all it was a fairly quiet roam.

The next one we will take only T1 Frigates so we can all get into novice plexes.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 3,162,343.7
ISK Lost: 111,015,498.24
ISK Delta: -107,853,154.54
Efficiency: 2.77%
DeanSherman
Title: Sophomore

Re: AUTZ NOP Restart

Post by DeanSherman »

Thanks for the fleet, i learnt a couple of things.

First, after the Kestrel kill, i misheard command and jumped to the wrong gate. There was a frigate who engaged me. First i thought i could kill it with gate guns, then i realized i have suspect timer, so no help from gate guns. Then i tried to jump to FC via watch list, but then i saw i was scrammed. Then i realized that frigate now has weapon timer, and i don't have one, so i jumped through that gate with 10% shield remaining, docked to a station, and went back to the fleet.

Second, during the Worm fight, i thought 'where is the cavalry?' and only later i realized that was novice plex, so destroyers couldn't follow us, so i should probaly disengage much earlier.
Rezda Nardieu
Title: LSC Logistics Division, Can of Worms, FCC staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: AUTZ NOP Restart

Post by Rezda Nardieu »

i misheard command and jumped to the wrong gate. There was a frigate who engaged me. First i thought i could kill it with gate guns, then i realized i have suspect timer, so no help from gate guns. Then i tried to jump to FC via watch list, but then i saw i was scrammed. Then i realized that frigate now has weapon timer, and i don't have one, so i jumped through that gate with 10% shield remaining, docked to a station, and went back to the fleet.
Sounds like you did a fantastic job of thinking on your feet and not freezing up when you were engaged, well done.

In my small gang roams I have a tendency not to set destinations, because I like to change my mind where we are headed as new information presents itself. It's good because it's flexible but bad because this sometimes happens. The outrageous Australian accent I insist of putting on doesn't help either. (it's the only accent I can do where I don't appear racist).

The 'not all being able to fit in the plex' will be solved next week when we are all in T1 frigates. I thought that there was a chance that 4 frigates would be able to take down a worm.