[HSC] Defending The Defenceless

Urban Oxide
Title: Wreathe or Bust, Teacher, Graduate

[HSC] Defending The Defenceless

Post by Urban Oxide »

https://zkillboard.com/related/30005309/201705120200/

"Urban come to HSC mumble please"

This is how it started, a coded message from a fellow unista, it was clear something was not right at the High Security Campus. This was the first time I have ever received such a message and at 2am local time none the less the stench of desperation was rife. My curiosity lead me to oblige the request, the intention was to find out what is going on, offer some advice, then go to sleep. This was a sound plan however, upon entering the HSC mumble I was greeted with the news that multiple defenceless MTUs were being brutally murdered 1 after the other... this savagery could go on no longer!.

I ask the fleet to start to form and relay back to me what the enemy is flying and clues as to the intention, as I rush over from my cyno stop (NSC Market now stocked and fairly priced) the information floods in. Proteus,Hurricane,Deimos,Ishtar class vessels spotted and logged. We form into the BLAP Doctrine and I take the lead.

It had been a whole 2 years prior to this since my last command and nerves were almost unbearable. Our guys & girls formed hard and formed fast each knew what we needed and got into it without much intervention from myself. 10 minutes pass and our fleet is ready for vengeance (not the mission) and comparing the comps between both groups we had the clear advantage. There is a saying between most FCs that states "what you see is not what you get" so with this in mind and taking into account the nature of HIGHSEC wardecs I say we're ready.

Scouts report the enemy to be close by but scattered, they are waiting for something that is not us. 5,10,15 minutes pass with little sign of conflict we result to attempting to bump an enemy Hurricane out of structure tether. Our fleet is restless and I was tired the only thing keeping me awake was the cries of poor MTUs. As I start to prepare the fleet for the voyage home news comes in that the gang is in Ansalle. 2 new ships are reported, a blackbird and what appears to be a single Augoror a few jumps out rushing to the location. I warp us to the other side of the gate in Juf letting their OOC eyes see we mean business. Like the strangest form of acknowledgement I hear "their drones are out" aka we want you to jump into us.

The Battle

We jump in to find the blackbird at optimal and the DPS pretty much at 0 on the gate. I make the call break cloak, anchor on me and immediately put drones onto the Blackbird while shooting the Hurricane with guns. I request reps and watch my armor as an indication as to how we're holding, good news we are. Both the Hurricane and Blackbird take heavy damage forcing the enemy ewar to warpout, with it gone we refocus our full dps onto the cane and it dies. No sooner had the ship exploded the enemy Augorer reveals himself, with the Blackbird returning I simple could not allow the aug to pull range and support. I tell the fleet to apply their own ewar to the Blackbird (now at 65km) while we kill the aug. It works and the aug goes down, i tell the fleet to spread points as this was the time we had won the field. We proceed to take care of the tackled ships in order of furthest (ishtar and Proteus). Deimos just about warps out before we can grab him so with just the blackbird remaining I ask the fleet to give the GFs and loot the field.

The Numbers

Glorious Deaths Granted = 1,146,399,917 @4 ships
Brother's Fallen = 27,917,407 @1 ship

NET NASTINESS = + 1,118,482,510

The Review

Good - fast form, knew what to fly, sorted yourselves out, followed instruction well. Scouts did a really good job hats off.
Bad - communication was okay but a few moments I was spoken over. " I have tackle" when you mean to say "I am bringing tackle" is massively different. Me dishing out SRP personally right after the fleet.
Last edited by Urban Oxide on 2017.05.27 20:50, edited 2 times in total.
Tylenos Targas
Title: WHC Admin Officer, Overdue for a podding, Mass Damps, tl;dr, Cannon Virtuoso, Inactive Softeners, Graduate

Re: [HSC] Defending The Defenceless

Post by Tylenos Targas »

Nicely done :)
Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

Wow that sounds like a really fast form up!!

Way to go initiating the BLAP programme Titus, as well as the marketeers, industrialists, SRP team, and FCs for getting behind it.

Also kudos to Ersin for building an expectation in the HSC that we can fight back.

Such a huge change compared to a few months ago, where forming an effective response fleet just wasn't much of an option.
Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

Very well done and finely executed! Congratz.
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Neonen Enderas (Biomassed 2017.06.23)

Post by Neonen Enderas (Biomassed 2017.06.23) »

11/10 wording
9/10 gif
10/10 dead Blaster Proteus

5/7 would read again

PS: pressing submit can help submitting the post..
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Did someone say "Stealthbomber"? Explosions? And ECM? I'm in! Let's blow shit up! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Michael Alderman
Title: HSC Officer, Sophomore

Post by Michael Alderman »

Can't really criticise much, here. It went fairly smoothly. Good job on the FCing! Scouts and intel were very useful. I think I got good use out of my neuts, particularly on the lone Augoror. I even got a killmark on my CDI Vexor for the Augoror. :D

The Proteus pilot was probably annoyed. I'm ok with that.

Thanks to Urban, and everyone who showed up to put red on their precious killboard.

P.S. Love you, logi! <3