[LSC] BLAP Talwar Quick Roam

Zarquu Fussuhfusus
Title: Sophomore

[LSC] BLAP Talwar Quick Roam

Post by Zarquu Fussuhfusus »

Boredom... nothing going on.. What now? QUICK ROAM!

Up the pipe to Heydelies and Tama and down via Aldranette -> Vey and Dastryns home . We started off with about 7 and got a few more toward the end (Xana McBash, Coaxster and others joining to add extra tackle and DPS) we ended with 12 participating over all. Much thanks to Decklin Quark Reiger and later Xana McBash for being scout and tackle and Cyus Erata for showing people how ECM should be piloted). I can't back it up with any hard evidence, but I'm damn sure that Cyus' Kitsune resulted in our ability to cleanly extract from fights multiple times.

Getting the fleet moving, we had bugger all to fight until we made it all the way up to Costolle where we chanced upon a ratting Cormorant. Swiftly he was dispatched and we carried on.
(17:04:08) Costolle
Cormorant +10.86m

Again, sweet nothing until we found a gate-camp gang in the Reitsato / Tama area and a separate Caldari Milita group who we later temp-allied (with after killing numerous times). We chased off the gate-camp initially and moved on, but I smelled opportunity and asked one of frigates to get us intel and a warp-in on the gate as they re-established. A brave attempt was made by newbie to eve Dja Charen-Teng but it didn't work out, The gate-campers figured out my plan and warped off quickly after podding him home. We moved on.

(17:37:58) Tama
Tristan -1.59m
Capsule -0.06m

We bounced around and made the Russians nervous. The un-docked a Phoenix (and an Archon as backup - knowing what 7 Unista's in Talwars are capable of) and we waited for them to finish their 40-second locking-up-a-destroyer-sig-radius-with-a-capital timer and jumped a gate (since we were suspect still). I kept us on grid mainly just to irritate them.

In Pynekastoh our scour saw a fleet consisting of a Hecate or two, a Caracal and some frigate support (all CALSF) which it was possible for us to take and we engaged them. The Hecate was *fast* and we lost out scout as we simply weren't able to keep up. RDRAW soon dropped in with some heavier stuff (including a few cruisers). We might have been lucky and killed a bit more, but after killing a Punisher from the original CALSF fleet, I called for us to disengage as the grid was beginning to look quite bad for us and we were struggling to burn down other stuff with split DPS and more stuff incomming (a couple of Tengu's joined another couple of Caracals and Jacksaws on d-scan). The RDRAW guys were also going after us and not CALSF first, so I thought it best make our way to somewhere safer

In hindsight. I'm really impressed we didn't loose anyone else. It was a text-book extraction by the whole fleet.

(18:00:59) Pynekastoh
Punisher +13.39m
Malediction -36.19m

We caught up with the CALSF fleet again and gave them a reminder that we happened to be roaming, moving on when they brought in 3 Jackdaw's and a few more Caracals to the party. Again - perfect extraction by the fleet.
(18:25:17) Aldranette
Maulus +14.79m
Tristan +6.89m
Caracal +24.7m

A CALSF pilot who had just reshipped returned for some more play. We indulged.
(18:37:11) Aldranette
Tristan +8.19m

On to Aubenall where we found a bait/lone Scythe fleet issue. Their piloting was great - we had them down to 8% structure before they eventually managed to break tackle and warp off. They had a lot of friends (w/ EWAR and Logi) land to help them just before they managed to escape, but their support landed about 30K away so I kept us on grid longer (telling us to align out) hoping to burn through them. When I lost lock (indicating they'd gotten warp), I called us to warp out - we didn't loose anyone other than Coaxter's Atron (who died trying to keep tackle on the SFI) - so again great work from the fleet following orders.

Had I not seen 3 Augs and an ANI in the mix of stuff that Black Flag Syndicate responded with I might have taken the fight - the SFI alone (had we killed it) would have been worth more than all our Talwar's anyway, but with that much logi we'd never apply enough (7K alpha but only ~750DPS
(18:57:30) Aubenall
Atron -5.56m

We ganked rail fit catalyst when passing through Vey.
(19:06:09) Vey
Catalyst +11.25m

Two cyno's lit up well outside of d-scan range - both in the space of a minute - and I couldn't resist taking the fleet over to them to see what might be interesting. We landed 50K off a Keepstar and blapped the rookie-ships. I reasserted in comms how its *utter horse manure* how you can fit a cyno on anything smaller than a destroyer and my fervent belief a cyno module should cost ten times what they currently do (~15-20mil each).

(19:07:01) Vey
Velator +1.6m
Impairor +1.61m

Apparently after arriving back in Uph, Declin killed a venture. I'm not sure if this is technically part of the fleet or not, since I think we had kind of disbanded a jump before in Dastryns. Feel free to exclude it from the AAR.
(19:33:16) Uphallant
Venture +6.7m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 99,978,088.58
ISK Lost: 43,397,908.62
ISK Delta: 56,580,179.96
Efficiency: 69.731%
Sin Tsukaya

Re: [LSC] BLAP Talwar Quick Roam

Post by Sin Tsukaya »

'twas me you ganked in Vey.

My plan was to kill your Malediction and GTFO before everyone else made it into the plex, but I made some bad decisions and he lived in half structure.

Useful learning experience, so cheers for that!
Zarquu Fussuhfusus
Title: Sophomore

Post by Zarquu Fussuhfusus »

Sin Tsukaya wrote:My plan was to kill your Malediction and GTFO before everyone else made it into the plex
To be fair a lot of low-sec PvP goes like this and you win some and you loose some. Its almost always the case that a 'ceptor has a fleet behind it, but for other shipd (esp. Pirate+Faction) they could be solo or nano-gang.
Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

Sin Tsukaya wrote:'twas me you ganked in Vey.

My plan was to kill your Malediction and GTFO before everyone else made it into the plex, but I made some bad decisions and he lived in half structure.

Useful learning experience, so cheers for that!
As the Malediction pilot, your first few volleys as I was burning away hit hard, and just about got me. I remember being surprised to see that you had rails. once I realised you could still hit me from outside 15 km, I quickly changed my piloting to make it harder for your turrets to track. Possibly if you had burned away from me, at the start of the fight, it might have helped your tracking, to the point where I'd have died.

Good fight :)
Sin Tsukaya

Post by Sin Tsukaya »

Decklin Quark Reiger wrote: As the Malediction pilot, your first few volleys as I was burning away hit hard, and just about got me. I remember being surprised to see that you had rails. once I realised you could still hit me from outside 15 km, I quickly changed my piloting to make it harder for your turrets to track. Possibly if you had burned away from me, at the start of the fight, it might have helped your tracking, to the point where I'd have died.

Good fight :)
Rails, MWD, web, in fact. Went in with Antimatter loaded expecting to land on a Dramiel, but I think you followed me in.

What I *should* have done (to try and kill you quickly) was to keep at range 5km or so - the Catalyst hull is tracking bonussed, and 125mm rails track a webbed inty just fine at that range (and with the MWD on, I pretty much had range control, depending on your fit, so long as I got the initial web off, which I did.)

What I *actually* did was start to pull range from the beacon, which let you get out of web, which gave you range control. That put you outside my effective Antimatter range, in half structure, and with transversal.

If I'd gone in with Uranium loaded, I reckon you'd have died. Same tracking, 20% less damage, enough extra range to make the difference - and aligning away from the beacon, MWD on, is the right approach with a gang incoming. If I'd reloaded when I pulled range, you'd probably still have died, but I would probably have been caught by your gang.

(Of course, with no point, I would be relying on you to melt before you realised and warped out... Catalysts and Coercers are often fitted that way, though.)

As it happens, though, it was my first time trying a rail Catalyst in FW space, so I didn't do any of that - but hopefully, next time I'll know. This kind of post-fight analysis is really useful to me, though.

Fly dangerous!
Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

Sin Tsukaya wrote: Good stuff
Thank you for the insight - I appreciate it :)

O7