[AAR] Guinea Pirates! XXI

NotA Witch
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Fittings staff, Graduate

[AAR] Guinea Pirates! XXI

Post by NotA Witch »

So I completely forgot I never posted the information on this... I will do the best I can to recall everything.

Kills and Losses
Everything went great with form-up. We got everyone together and set out for kills! Right off the bat we were able to catch some in our roaming gatecamp.
(00:46:05) Agoze
Scythe Fleet Issue +96.7m

Next we got a great call-out from our brand new scout on a Daredevil. Vanghuard was able to get in and get tackl then the rest of the fleet pounced and we got a wonderfully shiny kill!
(00:58:09) Renarelle, Aldranette
Daredevil +161.32m
Atron -3.7m

We then went into Black Rise and came face to face with a nasty Jackdaw gang. These guys had RANGE. OMG! We simulated them in fleet and found they coulld reach out to over 100km with their weapons. We moved around and lost of couple of guys in the process. We had a lot of good tacticals and found ourselves bouncing between them. We took some minor losses but finally got a good warp in. We took some shiny ships for the guys we lost. Fair trade!
(01:13:09) Hikkoken
Scythe -15.43m

(01:19:38) Nennamaila
Crucifier Navy Issue -33.87m

(01:27:51) Nennamaila, Hikkoken
Jackdaw +86.42m
Merlin +2.83m
Jackdaw +105.49m

We were then heading into AKI for some content and caught a Thrasher for good luck.
(01:53:08) Akidagi
Thrasher +2.99m

That good luck turned into a callout for an opposing Caracal gang coming our way. I got the feeling intially they were going to avoid us because of numbers and had us moving into position through the ENA backdoor. It seemed we had missed them but then we found then at the NEN gate in AKI and we went at it. It was a mirror match-up so it mostly came down to logi, skills, and numbers. We wont the first round and looted the field. Great fight!
(01:56:52) Akidagi
Caracal +30.07m
Scythe +21.4m
Griffin +2.85m
Scythe -19.11m
Kestrel +1.72m
Kestrel +2.4m
Caracal +29.96m
Svipul -61.56m
Caracal +26.87m
Scythe -13.77m
Caracal -22.58m
Executioner -4.2m
Bellicose -55.91m

We went into ICH and took a break. After reshipping we discovered that all our logi we're going to log. We regrouped and head out. Our scout was a head of us and as he was calling out a target the Cracal gang from before had reshipped and was looking for Round 2. We lost our scout and most of the rest of the fleet. It was great engagement but it was VERY one-sided this time. We had no logi and you can really see the difference between the two engagements. LOGI IS VERY IMPORTANT. Hug the next logibro you see.
(02:31:03) Nennamaila
Slasher -3.51m
Capsule -0.01m

(02:32:27) Akidagi, Nennamaila
Caracal -29m
Scythe +16.63m
Caracal -35.36m
Capsule -0.01m
Caracal -18.27m
Hurricane -73.52m
Caracal -30.27m
Caracal -13.08m
Caracal -19.34m

Lots of fun and a great night! Thanks for coming out guys!

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 587,660,325.04
ISK Lost: 452,486,785
ISK Delta: 135,173,540.04
Efficiency: 56.498%

Roam Members (22)
Arashi Shizukana - EWar/Hurricane Scammer
B'aldrick Aivoras - Logi
Baelthorn - Scout
Budda Sereda - EWar
Burak Oz - DD/Scout
Gatt2111 - DD
Jax Renalard - Instalocker
Kontxesi Buchanan - Scout
LeftNut Alpha - DD
Maximus Hert - Logi
Mike North - DD
Noah Ather - 2IC
NotA Witch - FC
Philbro Kishunuba - DD
Phoenix Omega Cesaille - DD
Roy Batista - Scout
Sameer Reza Reza - DD
Sone Eto - DD
Wokum - DD
Xana McBash - DD
Z0X Ambrye - DD
Zeerse Solaris - DD
Last edited by NotA Witch on 2017.05.15 01:47, edited 1 time in total.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] Guinea Pirates! XXI

Post by Budda Sereda »

Quick question: is this a standard fit for instalocking Svipul https://zkillboard.com/kill/62028369/? I feel like it lack tank badly... and instead of web he would benefit from shield extender and/or instead of dmg rig, use another shield extender?
Web or DD function can be done by another tackling ship and just mainline DDs
Jax Renalard

Post by Jax Renalard »

Is there a standard fit? It was enough tank. It is enough buffer to catch logi reps, which it did admirably. That's more tank than an instant locking hyena or keres. 10k in defensive mode. Yes I could have had another sebo there or another shield. But the fact that we only had a handful tackle frigs, and you saw how we lost them frequently, mainline DD was kitey ships that don't carry webs. I found having a web stop them from crashing gate. NotAWitch also gave me a resebo too, and I took some quafe. I survived the last brawl being primaried the whole time with gate guns and took down 3 ships with me, look at the total damage. It's not a standard fit but it's the fit I adapted according to what we had.
Analiese Aubernet

Post by Analiese Aubernet »

20k raw damage is a considerable amount of tanking - more damage than it takes to kill a dual LSE cruiser w/o reps and almost 10x the raw HP of the ship. I'd say it tanked admirably.

W/r/t the fit - if one had a specialized ship like a hyena then I would drop the web for a AIF, but otherwise it seems to have performed well, and that's what matters.
Glen Burney
Title: Manager (LSC), Fittings staff, Ensign, Sophomore, Management

Post by Glen Burney »

Yeah I would agree with Analiese: "the proof is in the pudding". This is a phrase that generally means, if it works, it works! Generally I fit the instalock svipul with 3 sebos, now that sharpshooter doesn't give you a scan res boost. But if you are getting re-sebo, then you can get away with less. Usually webs will not help from an instalocker, since if they are crashing the gate with mwd, they will likely coast in and jump out. But if it's a frigate you are targeting, then a few extra seconds can help!

There are a few things I really like about this fit, when compared to the "standard"... See this thread for an older discussion of the standard, but note that this was before they nerfed T3D:

https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 29&t=92911

Here's what I like about the Jax update:
1) MWD. Mobility. Can participate in fleet fights, is not relegated to gate-duty.
2) Web. In a fight, can hold an opponent and hopefully get some good shots off.
3) expanded probe launcher, sisters probes. Cheapest, best option.

One thing I would update:
1) instead of the nano, use an i-stab. i loves me some alignment to run away more quickly, especially when under gate guns.

here's what i have used recently for solo work: https://zkillboard.com/kill/61532465/

ImageImageImage
Most all-time kills by a Unista, more than 14k ships exploded, 4k more than the next best (heart Kelon)
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

I hope my question was not sound like a criticism... I just don't know and asking to learn!

@Jax: you did fantastic job: we caught so many things on the gate... I always like to catch things on the gate, but now I feel I alway want to have something tanky and instalocky in each fleet. How many ReSeBo did you have, only 1?

Thanks for answers!
W/r/t the fit
What does that stand for?

And NotAWitch, I hope you don't mind me asking before you wrote a full story?
Analiese Aubernet

With regards to
Jax Renalard

Post by Jax Renalard »

Budda Sereda wrote:I hope my question was not sound like a criticism... I just don't know and asking to learn!

@Jax: you did fantastic job: we caught so many things on the gate... I always like to catch things on the gate, but now I feel I alway want to have something tanky and instalocky in each fleet. How many ReSeBo did you have, only 1?
No it's good man. That's the point of AARs is to have a discussion on what happened.

I had one local sebo on. And one resebo. I got around 1600 scan results which is enough, the rest lies to server tick. You can make anything instalocky if you have enough resebo. 3 resebo on a frigate and 4+ on a cruiser if you really want that tank. No experience on that though so it would be interesting to see. Have a frig with a lot of mids resebo a cruiser.
Analiese Aubernet

When gatecamping the other day, we were using an alt with a probe to triple resebo an interceptor to 3500+ scan res. It really doesn't take much and the ship is cheap (and therefore expendable).
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

Analiese Aubernet wrote:When gatecamping the other day, we were using an alt with a probe to triple resebo an interceptor to 3500+ scan res. It really doesn't take much and the ship is cheap (and therefore expendable).
Does ReSeBoing alt gets flashy too? or it can just warp away immediately after target is locked and who really cares if it gets flashy?
Analiese Aubernet

We were cloaky camping in null, and its an alt, so we didn't really care as long as the sebos were on the interceptor when they needed to be. For lowsec, it would go flashy as soon as the interceptor went flashy but I guess you could then have it warp off.
NotA Witch
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Fittings staff, Graduate

Post by NotA Witch »

Added in the narrative!