[LSC] Whelp.... we BLAPed the Paladin!

Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

[LSC] Whelp.... we BLAPed the Paladin!

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

FC's Objectives:
  • provide fun content for my fleet
  • practice FC'ing rapid light caracals (This was my second time FC'ing a cruiser roam, and first time for Caracals)
  • give practice for our new scout
Route:
Low Sec, with a detour through a wormhole for a Paladin

Scouts:
Eddie Dante (Slasher)
Rider Isleman (Incursus)

Command:
Decklin Quark Reiger (Caracal)
Coaxster (Caracal - 3ic, aka, 'The scatter guy')

Vanguard:
Hanford Ambramotte (Incursus)
Orillion Maxwell (Condor)
Glen Burney (Stabber Fleet Issue)
Jax Renalard (Jaguar)

eWar:
DeanSherman (Maulus)
Trillian Ituin (Bellicose)

Logi: (Scythes)
Maximus Hert (Logi FC)
Almasy Seifer
Torg Navatin (Logi Anchor - I believe?)

Mainline DPS: (Blap Caracals)
Barbara Blast 
Jason Eoner
Jorj Onzo
Razer Thukkerkin
Rikali Laru
Serendipity Wolfson 
Ukebane
Velts Engren
Zeerse Solaris

Main engagements:

1. This Paladin that Glen spotted on the other side of a low to low wormhole, in UPH:
For a while, he was sitting AFK, while Glen was cloaked, getting us a warp-in on him. Then, we realised the pilot was no longer in local, so we stopped DPS for a moment, to see if we could board the Paladin and steal it.. however, the ship was still showing the pilot's name, and corp and alliance ticker, so we realised that he probably tried to log off, despite having a combat timer. So we killed the Paladin.

Paladin +2026.12m
Thank you loot fairy!

2. This stabber gank in VLI:
Stabber +46.83m

3. (The not-a-fight vs the residents of VLI.. we waited inside a medium plex for a while to see if they would bring anything out to play, but they didn't. So we practiced anchoring a little bit, and Logi positioning, before moving on..)

4. (The not-a-fight vs the residents of Aldranette who also didn't have any desire to fight us)

4. Some skirmishing in Nennamaila:
Slasher -3.49m
Algos +14.65m
Algos +22.71m
Incursus -11.82m

5. An overeager tackle attempt in Pynekastoh:
Condor -5.05m

(Decklin provided BLAP-sale discounts on replacement T1 tackle frigates, from his supplies in Ichoriya)

5. A battle/whelp vs Holy Cookie's T2 frigate / destroyer gang in Reitsato:
Bifrost +73.84m
Caracal -30.62m
Scythe -14.68m
Scythe -28.86m
Caracal -27.37m
Caracal -11.82m
Caracal -12.05m
Stabber Fleet Issue -84.22m
Caracal -11.41m
Caracal -28.17m
Atron +1.6m
Caracal -61.59m
Capsule -42.84m
Caracal -33.53m
Maulus -9.46m
Caracal -32.17m
Bellicose -16.25m

ISK Destroyed: 2,185,736,711.77
ISK Lost: 465,389,313.62
ISK Delta: 1,720,347,398.15
Efficiency: 82.446%

Well... I know I personally learned more from the whelping than I did from killing the Paladin, but I also sure appreciate the Loot Fairy's generosity. zkill says the dropped modules are worth 475M isk, so I'll distribute that amongst the fleet, with an extra share for Glen who caught it for us.

I'll add some more reflection on lessons learned after other have had a chance to comment.

Thanks for the fun roam, guys :)
Laser Skaron
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Re: [LSC] Whelp.... we BLAPed the Paladin!

Post by Laser Skaron »

Damn, sorry I missed this one.

But I'm really curious what happened with the welping there. I thought Caracals were good against smaller ships. I also see you guys were outnumbered, but not by a whole lot. Sooo... What happened there? What made that engagement so decidedly one sided?
Captain Cean

Post by Captain Cean »

Thank you guys for the awsome fight.
The two Main Reasons for the welp against our Frigate gang (Holy Cookie) where:

1. Our Gang was Boosted like a drug Junky we had Full Shield and Skirmish Links on Field that means a lot more shield raw Hp AND Resistans + Fast logi Cycle time. And The Kirins where Fitten with Deadspace Reps.

2. many people of your fleet Used Inferno Missels that was a Massiv lose of DPS because the Caldari T2 layout have a realy high Thermal resistance

So When these two things come together our tank was more like you fight Cruiser EHP with the signature of Frigates and the resitance of T3.
One kirin did could rep arround 1700 DPS (we had four) on a harpy when you shoot Therm

Lynx Artrald

Post by Lynx Artrald »

Very educational response Captain Cean. Worth a close read by the Unibros!
LSC --- Mentor --- Pirate For Life
Image Image Image
DeanSherman
Title: Sophomore

Post by DeanSherman »

Finally, on fourth fleet i arranged windows so i had some understanding what was going on around. Well, at least until the last fight. Thanks, it was fun!
Laser Skaron

Post by Laser Skaron »

Ok, so this is the first time I see stats for boosted ships. Damn those resists are high.

Are those resists coming just from command bursts? I only see a DC2 fit to buff those shields (well, and EM rigs). I'll read some more about boosting mechanics a bit later, but holy damn, I never thought they are THAT strong.

Also, just to clarify, you're saying 1700 EHP/sec reps, not HP, right? I find it somewhat confusing to discuss reps in EHP/sec but maybe that's just because I haven't flown in strict doctrines where you know precisely what the resist profile is within your fleet.

[EDIT] Actually I just also looked at a naked Harpy, damn 80% thermal resist base. I can see how you can get that high with a single DC.
Captain Cean

Post by Captain Cean »

Laser Skaron wrote: Also, just to clarify, you're saying 1700 EHP/sec reps, not HP, right? I find it somewhat confusing to discuss reps in EHP/sec but maybe that's just because I haven't flown in strict doctrines where you know precisely what the resist profile is within your fleet.
You say Reps at DPS or EHP/s (its the same) cause when you rep 100 HP on 0% an enemy with 100 DPS can break it But when you Have 50% Reistance the enemy need 200 DPS to Destroy the same amount of HP. Thats why Higher Resitance are better for reps because you simply just take less dmg.

the boost give ca 20% Raw Hp on top AND 20% High resistance AND 20% more remote Rep that means arround 40-50% more EHP and same amount more Remote Rep

And dont Forget Harpy have a resitance bonus on Hull

80% + 4% Ship Bonus + 2% DC + 2% Fleet Boost on Resits

Stats without Boost

Laser Skaron

Post by Laser Skaron »

Yeah, ok, boost bonus isn't as strong as I first thought. Thanks for the extra stats :).

Also, thanks, I understand how you convert between EHP and HP. That's all good. I'm just used to comparing logi ships by looking at HP rep (as I'm not usually sure what I will be repping).

Now the fun part - I'm curious if our fleet knew what they were up against, and how they saw the fight.
Captain Cean

Post by Captain Cean »

Laser Skaron wrote:
Also, thanks, I understand how you convert between EHP and HP. That's all good. I'm just used to comparing logi ships by looking at HP rep (as I'm not usually sure what I will be repping).
Sure Logi should be Compared bei Raw rep amount ^^
Its Only When the DPS cant catch Reps cause shitty Resitance or no HP Logi can do nothing.

Example of shit Resitance
At this Video you can see that we just ignore the logi cause the T1 Destroy just cant catch the Deacon Reps before they die

Btw. Video frome yesterday is at the Pipeline
Jason Eoner
Title: Manager (Teaching), Senior Personnel Officer, Teacher, Sophomore, Management

Post by Jason Eoner »

Glen, finding that Paladin was amazing! I feel bad for the poor guy that lost such an expensive ship. Who knows if he was having internet connection issues or what happened, but if someone is going to get that kill it may as well be us!

Captain Cean, nice to see the other side commenting in here so we can learn. First thing I saw when we landed were a bunch of command bursts and I immediately thought "uh oh". You guys pointed me right away which took out the microwarp as well, keeping me from anchoring with the rest of the DD. I wouldn't have picked up on your thermal resists at the time, but it didn't matter as Inferno was the only type I was carrying.

Decklin, thank you for FCing! I couldn't be happier to lose a cheap little Caracal, especially starting off with that Paladin. Can't wait for the next one.
Zeerse Solaris
Title: Diplomat, AMC Officer, Mentor, Bloober, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Zeerse Solaris »

I think the RLML Caracal is not doing well as a fleet comp, in hindsight what are we hoping to catch with a sizeable gang of them? a large fleet of t1 frigates to kill?

We got the big money kill right at the very start, other than that, I found it a fairly frustrating fleet, we spent too much time chasing solo/small gang kitey stuff. We did get the big fight with Cookies, but that went the other way where we quickly went all explody :)

Decklin needed a bit of thinking time on the acceleration gate, a short detailed discussion within the fleet might have identified the ammo type issue or even if we could take it. There was no rush to get in as there was no sign of them running away.
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor
Captain Cean

Post by Captain Cean »

Wait where you not the guy with Dead space Nos Caracal?
Zeerse Solaris
Title: Diplomat, AMC Officer, Mentor, Bloober, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Zeerse Solaris »

I was yes. :D

It was supposed to be a kind of heavy tackle as my missile skills aren't great. (and those nos were sitting in my hangar for several months so needed to get dusted off, they actually made me cap stable)

And just to add, I thought we'd be engaging medium and above, hence I thought there would be a point to Nos although I was in a rush as I was trying to fit it as we were being called to undock so I didn't think enough about it to do nos/neut combo which it should have been, and with the paladin I ran out of time even for a 3rd rig.

My 160m catalyst went out with a nos/neut deadpace fit and came back alive :)
Last edited by Zeerse Solaris on 2017.04.28 08:47, edited 1 time in total.
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor
Analiese Aubernet

Post by Analiese Aubernet »

No comment on a deadspace nos fitted caracal.

Caracals are used because they're a good general purpose fleet, but if you're shooting at T2 frigates into their resist profile then most things are going to suffer accordingly.

With regards to what you actually shoot with caracals, they do very well against T1 frigates as you alluded to, but they do equally well against destroyers and cruisers of the non-T2 variety and in large enough numbers with sufficient logi could probably hold against those as well.

I'm going to keep repeating this it seems: heavy tackle is not a real thing.
Torg Navatin
Campus Manager
Campus Manager
Title: Community Coordinator (WHC), Graduate

Post by Torg Navatin »

Best thing about Decklin's fleets is that EUTZ gets to go to bed on time :-)
Spoiler
Kidding, this is the best thing about Decklin's fleet this time: Paladin!
ImageImage