[FLEET] Arranged Fleet Fight

Korros Kolada

Re: [FLEET] Arranged Fleet Fight

Post by Korros Kolada »

1. We don't really need to have tackles in arranged fights at all? But even if we win fight, but all preys leave the grid alive... it is like a sex alone.
To be explicitly clear, yes, you need tackle. You just didn't need to send it in first. If you're confident he won't warp off right away (as in, we're within his engagement envelope), you can land it on grid with the rest of the fleet or just after to pin down targets as we start burning them down.

Just don't send it in alone to start the fight unless you really need it to keep him from warping away.
Glen Burney
Title: Manager (LSC), Fittings staff, Ensign, Sophomore, Management

Post by Glen Burney »

Sending an interceptor in first IS important to get the FC intel about the enemy location on grid, i.e. at 0 on the gate, 50 off in the direction of the sun, etc. Without that intel, the FC is working blind. What happened in this case was the inty warped at zero and could not get away.

The interceptor pilot in many engagements is the 2nd most important pilot in the fleet, although you could have a debate between the inty pilot and the logi anchor...

Budda, I might advise that you try not to take too many lessons from any particular engagement, and don't be overly critical of yourself. You are already massively successful just by picking up a microphone and directing others in combat. Pick a few things to improve, and then move on. EvE, like life, is a journey, not a destination. Enjoy the ride :)

ImageImageImage
Most all-time kills by a Unista, more than 14k ships exploded, 4k more than the next best (heart Kelon)
Korros Kolada

Post by Korros Kolada »

Sending an interceptor in first IS important to get the FC intel about the enemy location on grid
That's a distinction of scout vs. tackle. Yes, he needed a scout on grid first; he (probably) did not need tackle. Often on small fleets, the same person fills both roles, but that isn't always the case and we should be clear.
What happened in this case was the inty warped at zero and could not get away.
If you reread the OP, "I asked the scout to warp at 50" before the fight, yet "While we were in warp, our tackle was killed". Assuming that's the same Inty pilot referenced in both comments, the mistake was just getting into tackle range before the fleet landed. I don't recall if he was instructed to do so, but Budda did say it was a new pilot, so no shame either way, just lessons learned.