[FLEET] Can you fly any ship? WH Night-trip in LSC, #5

Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

[FLEET] Can you fly any ship? WH Night-trip in LSC, #5

Post by Budda Sereda »

My 5th class-fleet in LSC regarding making ISK in WH: http://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopi ... 34#p853134

After success of the previous fleet (#4, http://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopi ... 6&t=102481) I was looking to have more people joining, and i got more! Not in experience or skill-levels though, but in number: we formed up with 2 BC, 5 CR, 3 Scouts, 2 Logies.
Great! That is what needed for newbros to start making money in WH.

We did not start quickly, as WH found by scouts was EOL and I decided to spend some time finding a new one versus taking risk of having our connection collapsed.

Relatively quickly we found one, formed up and went to the hole to rat. As it was a bit late after class start, I neglected the full proper scouting and once we confirmed there is nothing on dscan we jumped in.

We barely started killing rats as we saw Buzzard and Astero on dscan. Later we had talk that Astero was from our fleet, but I'm wondering how it ended up to be with wrong name (we did rename ships to have same naming convention).

Anyway, as we saw those scouts, I commanded fleet to jump back to K-space and asked scouts to finish scanning and check incoming connections: I did not want to start looking for another hole somewhere else. Scouts confirmed all inbound connections were empty. Things were looking safe so I commanded fleet to jump to system and we continued killing sleepers.

After we cleaned 1st site, Scorpion and Dominix appeared on dscan. THAT WAS A SURPRISE. I commanded 'scatter, scatter, scatter'. I was thinking about next action when scouts reported that they are landing on WH connection to K-space...
My first thought was: they will roll us... OMG
Second: not a big deal, we can scan the way out.
Third:... one of them was in, another out ... let's kill damn rolling BS!!! We should have enough fire power!
I commanded warp to 'exit'... but while we landed Dominix warped out... hole collapsed.... and where is a Scorpion?

Luckily, I had my alt sitting in K-space on the hole, and I saw a very sad Scorpion sitting on bookmark that left upon rolling the hole.

So we scattered again, scouts kept checking system, we quickly learned these guys came from POS and put our eyes on the POS. Upon that we decided... to keep ratting :) Why should we give up our ISKs? Just because one Dominix sitting in POS? No way :)

So, they engaged with us in conversation.
First they offered us to scan the way out. LOL :)
Second, asked if we don't mind to leave combat sites for them to run: double LOL LOL. I answered we will for 200M ISKs :)
We kept ratting.
There were not many sites (only 5 in total), and people needed to go (it was already 2 hours from fleet start), so we decided to leave. In a mean-time scouts found connection to high-sec...

All this time that Scorpion was hanging in space near the old hole bookmark with my alt sitting nearby. I thought these guys are waiting for us to leave hole and plan to scan the way out and find that Scorpion: my hands were itchy to kill that Scorpion, but I was afraid we won't make it quickly and he will disappear...
Anyway, we finished ratting, jumped to high-sec, did our best speed to Stacmon... and on the halfway I noticed that... i can BOARD that Scorpion...

Tripple LOL :) :) :).

I don't know what these guys did, but somehow, they ejected from Scoprion, and jumped in capsule back to WH... and rolled the hole.

Clearly, we decided that hull is better than a kill mail, and got that hull into Stacmon :)

Great fleet, decent money for cruiser-based fleet, and lots of fun!

Hope guys to see you again!

Lessons:
1. Before jumping to the WH check its timespan and mass left:
- don't jump if it is EOL and you don't know when it did turn EOL
- don't jump if it is crit and you not sure amount of mass it can pass yet

2. Scouting new WH, first check POSes (luckily E-Uni mapper has a solid history and it speeds up scouting) and citadels, make sure there are no active people in system or keep your eye on them.
Last edited by Budda Sereda on 2017.03.11 17:37, edited 1 time in total.
Budda Sereda

Re: Can you fly any ship?

Post by Budda Sereda »

Why do you need to fly any ship? Because you can find a lost carrier flying in space, that did happen :)
HyperFlareX

Post by HyperFlareX »

Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

Nice! :)

Yup, that's what I meant :)
Amadeo Tronti

Post by Amadeo Tronti »

Very fun fleet. Eve Uni is going to get a reputation for stealing ships now :twisted:.

One lesson I learned: Don't squad warp by accident! Nothing bad happened as a result, but now I know to be more careful with my clicks when I'm in a rush, and to pay closer attention to changes in the UI.

I had a great time on this fleet, definitely looking forward to more wormhole shenanigans in the future.
Zeerse Solaris
Title: Diplomat, AMC Officer, Mentor, Bloober, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Zeerse Solaris »

I think I would have linked them to diplo chat and say if they want such preferential considerations they apply for blue to uni, otherwise it reads as if they weren't capable of fielding a threat so you had no reason to stop.

A panic roll on their part shows some lack of experience from them, and if they wanted you out, trapping you in is silly, you clearly weren't an eviction threat so other than not being able to rat their own hole, they should have just waited until you left.
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor
Ca'ain

Post by Ca'ain »

This was a great fleet - lots of fun. I flew a logi for the first time and really enjoyed it. I had to pay way more attention to what was going on on grid than as a DD - for example keep the other logi alive, keep FC alive, fly safe against the sleepers. I'll definitely fly logi again. And the payout for the loot more than paid for my logi ship and fit!

Thanks Budda for another great fleet.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage