[AAR] Thursday Night AAFs - Bob Listens to my Filament Requests

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Tomlin

[AAR] Thursday Night AAFs - Bob Listens to my Filament Requests

Post by Tomlin »

Tonight's fleet coincided well with Akshcorp clearing out a Stronghold in Stacmon, so we stole recruited some people from that fleet once it went down and formed up with 22 strong to go head out in search of fights.

We had a few new-ish people in fleet, so I opted for a noise signal to start. We landed in Geminate and explored around there, but despite all Dotlan was providing us for NPC delta, we couldn't find any ratters or people to fight. There was one point we crosswarped a fleet of 4 Jackdaws, but they just kept moving.

So we took a signal filament that sent us right to the border of Scalding Pass. It was looking quiet, so we headed over to Insmother. We headed up to the north pipe, but couldn't find anyone to fight. We did eventually find an abandoned corvette on a gate, so we did our part to reduce litter in space. After this we burned on for another 15 mins but couldn't find other fights.

It was looking pretty bland at this point. We had been undocked and roaming nullsec for over an hour and hadn't gotten to really fight anything. I had high hopes for out next filament. I told the fleet it better take us to 1DQ. Bob was listening, as it took us to the little pocket just west of 1DQ, literally 1 jump out. This was a good switch in fleet speed from casual gate jumping through 20 empty systems to now having to burn.

As we loaded in from the filament, I saw an Ishtar at a Haven ~1 AU off. I decided to just shotgun the entire fleet at it. Unfortunately it was gone before our whole fleet landed. But as we were there, scouts tackled a myrmidon at another site. We went over and made short work of it, and its MTU for good measure.

I debated going deeper into the pocket, but realized that would lead to them setting up a camp on the ingate in 1DQ to keep us trapped, so I told the fleet we'd be making best speed for a few jumps. When we jumped into 1DQ there was already a half-dozen ships or so landing on the gate. Thankfully we all got off before they could get set up, and we burned a few jumps into Querious to be safe.

After a few jumps, we settled and resumed normal movement. Teqq found a vexor so we came in and killed it. Then Teqq called a Kronos and flycatcher on a gate, which I decided would be a nice fight to take. A brutix came in that scout tackled, so I called an align and fleet warp. Most of us landed in a bubble 100km off the brutix, but 2 people landed on the brutix somehow. As I (and most of the fleet) was far off but closer to a flycatcher, I called the flycatcher primary. A few more praxis came in as that happened, and they started off a brutal smartbomb circle. I called the closest Praxis as primary, but got webbed myself when trying to burn around it. I went down, as did a few others, but Mokine took over as 2IC and made sure that Praxis went down then got the fleet out.

Here's the BR for that scuffle, we ended up ISK positive even with more ship losses: https://br.evetools.org/br/666ba62edf10ab0012afb530

After that, Mokine and Teqq lead the fleet into Pochven as people were ready to call it a night. They had 16, but Turlough decided to just make his own way to high-sec (and he did it and survived in his Wolf!) and Rel Astra took his own filament. So the 14 filamented into Pochven, while I took a filament from Jita and came in in a Malediction to scan them down an exit hole. Unfortunately the HS hole in Sakenta wasn't open, but I had an Extration filament, so we just waited out timers and ended up 4J Jita.

Learnings and Reflections
Real mixed speed fleet. I was really hurting by the end of the first hour, and would have taken any fight regardless of feasibility. Teqq called a Naglfar in one system and I said we could try just for the sake of trying (it was in a POS though). Landing next to 1DQ was a lot more fun in that regard. I did have us burn away from it just because I didn't want to get dropped by 60 battleships. If we had had a lot of fights and were winding down, I would have done that (I've done it before!). But given the fact that we had only just gotten our first legit kill on that Myrm, I opted for escaping the hecticness. Maybe we could have found a few fights closer, but I think getting that distance was the right call.

I'm not fully sure what happened with the warp-in for the fight and why some people landed 100 km away outside the bubble. I think everyone was in the fleet warp, and we were aligned. Maybe some people just missed the edge of the bubble, or that slight difference in alignment somehow affected things? I don't really know what happened there. It worked out okay, as the Flycatcher went down easier than the Brutix would have, but it would have been nice to not land directly on top of 3 smartbombing Praxis.

Other than that, I think the fleet went well. Hope people had a good time, and are excited for some KSG next week.

Overall
~476 mil destroyed, with losses of ~250 mil. Not a bad ISK ratio.
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] Thursday Night AAFs - Bob Listens to my Filament Requests

Post by Turlough Dominian »

thanks again for the fleet
yeah my journey back to high sec was relativly not painfull, about 19 null jumps and 2 low jumps
just one gate bubbled on my way but i just yolo'd threw it then the rest of the journey was just gate to gate jumping didn't take too long

I even made 4 new freinds <3
Spoiler
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
Tomlin

Post by Tomlin »

Turlough Dominian wrote: 2024.06.14 13:48
Spoiler
I can't believe you just left my corpse there floating in space but got those other 4. So hurt.
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

Post by Turlough Dominian »

Tomlin wrote: 2024.06.14 18:21
Turlough Dominian wrote: 2024.06.14 13:48
Spoiler
I can't believe you just left my corpse there floating in space but got those other 4. So hurt.
method to my madness by not collecting your corpse means i have to go on another fleet for another opertunity lols
totally not because it was surrounded by a murder fleet xD
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,