[AAR] Tuesday Nullsec Roam #1

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Tomlin

[AAR] Tuesday Nullsec Roam #1

Post by Tomlin »

We started off the Tuesday Nullsec roams with a merlin fleet today. ~18 people in fleet, including 3 people new to PVP, hoorah.

We decided on no logi this week, going for max DPS, 3 scouts, and a bubbler.

First filament (a noise) was a bit quiet, so we took a signal. Saw a lot of ratters and miners that docked up real quick. A response fleet started to form against us, but a fight never happened, so we ventured a bit more to TEST space but couldn't find much. Took 1 more noise filament and scout found a vexor. Unfortunately the scout condor died before we could land, and we weren't able to catch him.

We moved a few more jumps and a response fleet was called out. Initial call was a malediction, leshak, and nestor. I decided we'd take the fight and just try to avoid the nestor's smart bombs. We waited on a gate as they started coming in. The leshak came first so we started on it, and got it to half armor as the others came through. It wasn't breaking well enough and smaller stuff was starting to show up, so I called a switch. Zeeroak tackled a kiki, but it jumped gate. We got on top of a retribution and burned it down as a bunch more came in. We were slowly getting picked off, but we managed to take a cormorant down before we did. I called a scatter at the very end, and some of the scouts managed to make it out.

Here's the BR: https://br.evetools.org/br/663a8f1ba2c9030012b921e3 (also not listed are Hakoru Yaken and Sambuca Everywhere in Concords)

Overall the fleet was a bit quiet for the first hour, but that was beneficial to help the newbros get used to aligning, taking gates as a group, etc. We had one new scout as well who was getting his sealegs, and he managed a catch on his first time out, props to Hakoru.

I hope everyone had fun; we're doing it again next Tuesday!
Dominique Solanke

Re: [AAR] Tuesday Nullsec Roam #1

Post by Dominique Solanke »

Thank you so much Tomlin. That was really great, and I hope to join you next week!