Dominix Belt Ratter loss PC9

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Etienne Darmond

Dominix Belt Ratter loss PC9

Post by Etienne Darmond »

Hello sports fans,

I had this theory that a well tanked battleship with fast drones could take down a tackle and a dps duo.

Thus, when PC9 went plus 1 I remained on task ratting and salvaging in Belt 1 1.

And guess which belt the +1 neut immediately set a course for in looking for prey.

The +1 turned out to be an experienced pvp player in a fancy well thought out fit. I think he was dual boxing.

I actually nearly had the tackle but he kept eating my drones and then the dps showed up and my thinking went wonky under stress. I should have tried to break out with my micro warp drive but I didn't even think of it.

I switched out my drones and had both tackle and dps down to 1/4 armor. Maybe if I had concentrated on hammering tackle and not split to dps I could have had one of his ships to my credit. Switching my assault turned out to be a bad decision.

It was a good fight but I didn't have a chance. Of course, if my battleship had had a decent chance, the pilot would not have attacked me , he would have done the math in his head and flown on to another pidgeon.

For RL reasons I was not on mumble. If I had been on mumble the encounter was long enough that help may have been able to show up. So I have the lesson re nforced that if RL does not allow me to be on mumble it is not the time for me to play in null sec.

Rest in peace domi. I don't think I'll be replacing you. People wonder at a battle ship ratter because its slow. I liked it because of the cargo capacity for loot. A lot of my enjoyment comes in obsessively compulsively sorting loot for reprocessing and sale. A chaque son gout. I'd probably be a somewhat organized hoarder if I didn't move so much in RL.

I think my null sec ratting days are over for now and when I do nibble at it again it will simply be in a cheap new bro ratting vexor. While the approx 500 mil loss of a battleship is not *much* of a set back to my income streams it's still easier to loose 15 mil in a vexor. A 500 mil loss puts ratting isk underwater for some time, but its not all about the isk its about the learning. First rule of eve......

Being an active, willing, informed 'victim' has been instructive and it has helped me build stoicism, risk management, and somewhat improve my cool ness under fire . In a way its like exposure therapy, face your fears and you learn to think straight under stress by messing up and thinking it through again.

I am happy that I applied lessons I learned through my vexor loss a few months ago. I am also happy to heuristically debunk bad theory and confirm the wisdom of 3rd party veteran pvpers through felt experience. Maybe reading this can reduce the pain of your own learning curve, lol.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/107861658/