[AAR] Thrashing Up the Neighbourhood 27.mar.23 17:00

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Calus Valmont

[AAR] Thrashing Up the Neighbourhood 27.mar.23 17:00

Post by Calus Valmont »

Roam members (14)
Spoiler
Adam DeGoz - Thrasher
Alex EpicPotato - Thrasher
Ambrose Ashley - Thrasher
Ben Lear - Thrasher
Berkhe Boynukara - Thrasher
Calus Valmont - Thrasher [FC]
Mendit Bathana - Thrasher
Iis Foolio
Jokanito - Wreathe, Thrasher
Kiuna McGullygosh - Thrasher
Lt Luttz - Thrasher
Promitheas Pyroforos - Thrasher, Slasher [SCOUT]
Seco Brinalle
Yokota Kimiko - Thrasher
Formed up for my third fleet and my third thrasher roam. A bit more size to the fleet this time so I was hoping for some really juicy fights. A lot of the thrashers were flying T1 and I calculated our approximate damage output to be around the 3.5k DPS range, so I was thinking we could fight up to battlecruisers if they were solo.

As we had some very new fleet members with us I decided to take a slower pace to the fleet and spend more time explaining what we were doing and why. I also decided to not be as aggressive, which lead to us not taking some engagements that could have been interesting content.

I also decide to let Promitheas try his hand at scouting for the first time, but I end up spending some time on the fleet scouting while FCing as our party isn't that big and I thought we could enter systems without scaring everyone away.

Kills and Losses

(17:45:11) Aubenall
Thrasher -9.98m
Catalyst Navy Issue +30.29m
Cormorant Navy Issue +31.05m

Our first fight happens in Aubenall where we find a Catalyst Navy Issue and a Cormorant Navy Issue in a plex. This is a juicy target for us as their kills would pay for quite a few of our ships. We decide to engage, and predictably lose our thrasher scout. However, the targets did not get away in time and both of them are dispatched of shortly after.

(18:21:04) Abune, Heydieles
Slasher -7.69m
Thrasher -10.6m
In Abune we encounter a Golem and a Cruiser fleet on a gate. Here I spent a lot of time analyzing the situation and trying to discover if they were all friendly with each other (they were). Due to me spending all this time gate camp starts expiring and we lose a thrasher and a slasher on the gate. I warped the fleet to a safe shortly after to avoid more losses.

The golem pilot asks us in local if we want to fight, and I accept the challenge, but move the fleet inside a medium NVY-5 plex in order to keep the golem outside while fighting the cruisers. Unfortunately their fleet gets killed by a Snuffed Out fleet before any fight can ensue.

(18:49:47) Deven
Thrasher -4.35m
We encounter 3 osprey navy issues and an exequror navy issue in a site. This is an interesting target, but I have learned that Osprey Navy Issues can be used to great effect by keeping range and kiting. Upon seeing that they are at range and we are unable to catch up to them I once again warp the fleet away to a safe to avoid more losses. Ambrose pays the price for the lesson.

(19:04:23) Deven
Thrasher -5.31m
At this point the bloodthirst is getting to us, and a new fleet member decides to engage a single exequror navy issue on a gate. The FC calls for him to warp out to a safe, but it is too late. It was a very brave move, but as we're flying in destroyers and without logi the call is made for us not to back him up on the play, and he is shot down by gate guns.

During the fleet I've kept in touch with the golem pilot who wants to give us a fair fight in similar sized ships, so we spend some time in medium plexes waiting for them, but they eventually get hit by another snuffed out gate camp and the fight never happens.

I bring the fleet back to Stacmon with (most of) their thrashers intact.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 61,334,313.64
ISK Lost: 37,925,160.86
ISK Delta: 23,409,152.78
Efficiency: 61.792%

Overall evaluation
(Positive stuff)
  • We were able to recognize dangerous situations and get out of them fast.
  • We knew what targets we were looking for and stuck to them.
(Negative stuff)
  • I didn't explain gate gun mechanics prior to the fleet undocking. While I did say we only engage flashies on gate it was wrong of me to assume everyone knew what that meant.
  • Our fleet composition locked us out of a few fights that could have been interesting.
  • I spent too long analyzing a situation while gate cloaks expired.
Seco Brinalle

Re: [AAR] Thrashing Up the Neighbourhood 27.mar.23 17:00

Post by Seco Brinalle »

I learned a few days earlier how to prep modules by overheating and preselecting them to select enemies and start shooting immediately when the appear on grid.
This day I learned not to click on FC for orbiting him after doing so. After shooting him the second time.
Calus Valmont

Re: [AAR] Thrashing Up the Neighbourhood 27.mar.23 17:00

Post by Calus Valmont »

Both of those are very good lessons to learn