[AAR] Magic Merlins Lowsec Roam - 22 March, 2023

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Lan Man

[AAR] Magic Merlins Lowsec Roam - 22 March, 2023

Post by Lan Man »

AAR - Magic Merlins roam in Lowsec
Fleet Thread

DATE: Wednesday 22 March - 01:00 to 02:15
DURATION: ~1ish hours in space

A repeat of a fleet two weeks ago, same (USTZ) time, same format, same Elan Vital 2IC-ing. Form up initially did not go to plan as I had an internet outage at formup time delaying my creation of the fleet. But, form up itself went very smoothly and we were undocked and on our way to Placid faction warfare land by 01:10. (An improvement over the prior fleet at that!) We repeated the same format, aiming for Frarie and Aubenall as the FW hotspots.

Special shoutout to Talianium Benim acting as primary scout for the first time; good on comms, good at DScan-ing down prey, and hero-tackled both of our kills with no fear.

(01:22) Frarie
Corax +12.64m
Condor -5.67m

Tal found us a Corax in a plex, and managed to keep it on grid long enough to compensate for me warping the fleet at 0 on the acceleration gate, sacrificing a Condor for the cause. Killmail secured, and with Tal reshipping, we continued on to Aubenall.

(01:35) Aubenall
Condor -5.67m
Merlin -5.30m
Burst -6.31m
Exequror Navy Issue +79.29m

Tal found our second kill of the night quickly. We slid the plex with preheated guns and proceeded to mob the ENI. I don't clearly remember if I botched this fleet warp, I feel like I did, and it would explain a disjointed approach into the plex. That said we had ample point arriving at exactly the right moments to keep the ENI on grid, losing in order the scout, FC, and head logi, with Elan Vital keeping a steady hand on the fleet to DPS down our prey.

Reships proceeded to make best speed back to Stacmon and return to Aubenall, with Elan shepherding the fleet into a local NPC station for repairs. Nanite paste looted from the ENI wreck was traded around and put to good use. Jokes about not eating the nanites abound.

(~1:50) Various systems

From here on it is a more boring story, but with one very large killmail under our belts there was little sense of underachievement. Opportunities were presented in Aubenall and Renarelle for a Kestrel, Vexor Navy, and Exequror, none of which bore fruit.
On encountering nothing of value in Vlilirrier we turned around and flew home to Stacmon. We did go in to a belt hot when passing through Agoze at the possibility of adding a Venture to the murder spree, only to find an empty belt.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 91.93m
ISK Lost: 22.95m
ISK Delta: 68.98
Efficiency: 75.1%

Overall evaluation

Not gonna lie I'm super excited that this little comp punched up against an ENI. I shouldn't be surprised, I know the math checks out, it just feels really good. Big ups to the fleet and Elan for putting up with my mini-heart attack at loss of internet at form up time, and Tal for an excellent showing as a first time scout.

Comms: As before, comms felt good with clear calls and clear understanding of what safe creators, scout, and fleet were doing at any given moment.
DScan: Multiple eyes were working Dscan and we were spared any surprises. Potential target identification was quick and crisp.

Warp to plexes at 10km: Yet again I continue to have difficulty consistently warping the fleet, and warping them at the intended distance. I feel that this was pure sloppiness on my part and I need to do better.
Broadcasts: Elan took on broadcasts for me again, but in talking about them Elan pointed out that the right click broadcast options are present and easily utilized and can then be double clicked from the broadcast menu to do the thing. The lightbulb blinded me when it went on.

Thanks for the fleet folks, and happy to take any/all feedback no matter how minor!
Lan Man
Pronouns: He/him/they | Wiki
Image ImageImageImageImage