[AAR] AAF Roam from NSC | 2022-07-03

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Uryence
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

[AAR] AAF Roam from NSC | 2022-07-03

Post by Uryence »

Formed up AAFs for a traditional Saturday-night AAF roam.

Roam members (24)
Spoiler
Aiden Green - Hecate
Aion Tyr - Federation Navy Comet
Angry Jell - Federation Navy Comet
Arkady Marten - Retribution
Becvar - Maulus
Ben Lear - Deacon
Blair Buoyant - Imperial Navy Slicer
Darko Fett - Stiletto
Elan Vital - Deacon
Erk Aspurgur - Retribution
Just Shot - Inquisitor
KraK Oziane - Retribution
Kronos Falx - Imperial Navy Slicer
Nikuro Mediki - Imperial Navy Slicer
Raas Caslo - Retribution
Raj ver Bergon - Enyo
Sean Yakin - Heretic
Shukken Tekitsu - Enyo
Talira Ruirus - Retribution
Toshiro Hasegawa
Uryence - Retribution
Void Delver - Cruor
bazingamogus - Malediction
Kills and Losses

We caught a Venture travelling through a gate, rapidly validating my keenness to get hold of a dictor during form-up.

(19:17:33) JH-M2W
Venture +23.79m
Capsule +0.01m

Some INIT folks jumped a cane and then a Scythe into us on a gate in VSIG, so we dispatched them.

An INIT gang of web Hurricanes with a Rapier, a Cyclone, 3 T1 cruiser logi and 2 T2 cruiser logi tried to camp us in our brief afk break station, but our scout burned an instadock and we slipped past them. I didn't fancy fighting them with a cyno on grid. Useful lesson learned: keep the scout undocked if you can manage it.

(19:53:57) VSIG-K
Hurricane +84.18m
Scythe +22.24m
Capsule +0.01m

A Hecate slammed into our gate bubble from warp in RSS, but we weren't able to pin it down, and it killed our primary scout when he was trying to sram-pass it. I'm probably 80% responsible, having asked him to do it.

(20:04:44) RSS-KA
Stiletto -22.13m

We had a pilot new to the probing T3D role, Aidan, in our own Hecate, and he and bazingamogus worked together to probe down an MTU and the Heron which was (?) trying to retrieve it, in the last room of a Prison Camp combat site.

(20:47:34) O-BDXB
Heron +48.6m
Mobile Tractor Unit +14m

Erk made the excellent suggestion of finishing off the prison camp while we were there. We didn't get any fancy loot but we did get the 80M overseer's box drop.

Our scout snagged an Ishtar a few systems over.

(20:56:49) XZH-4X
Ishtar +166.04m
Mobile Tractor Unit +8.96m

We were trying to work out if we could pin down a Paladin that was in 28O when a PvP-fitted Nightmare slammed into us on a gate. We used our pre-split squads to take both sides of the gate, with me on one side and 2IC Shukken ably commanding on the other. This was a long and complex chase: for the less-initiated, the Nightmare can fit a MJD, and as a Sansha's Nation ship it also uses ABs like a MWD, so scramming it does very little to slow it down. We killed the 'mare's MJD, then it bounced between gates and we gave up on breaking its tank and pulled the fleet core out, but it MJD'd off and bazinga followed and hassled it until it warped at 100 to something he could get to faster at 100, whereupon he pointed it. It nearly neuted and ECM drone'd him off, but he managed to lock his nos onto it too, and the rest of us piled onto grid just in time to take secondaries. A very satisfying kill. Things were a bit tense and I think I was too serious at a few points, but we had good communication managing a very complex situation.

(21:14:20) 28O-JY
Nightmare +2721.38m

Then we killed a Coercer in FW space on the way home. Hardly an honourable fight, but oh well.

(21:52:10) Renarelle
Coercer +11.08m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 3,100,290,238.22
ISK Lost: 22,125,496.81
ISK Delta: 3,078,164,741.41
Efficiency: 99.286%

Overall evaluation

(Positive stuff)
- very good ISK delta
- useful lessons learned about grid for undocks
- got some newer players lots of experience in new tasks like combat probing

(Negative stuff)
- I think I got a bit tilted at a few points
- a Hyena or a Hyena and a Keres would make a big difference to these fleets. I have some armour-buffer ones set up in PC9 for AAF roams and we should try to use them more in future.
2022 fleet command cumulative delta: 31,133,865,536 ISK
TechBug Saas

Re: [AAR] AAF Roam from NSC | 2022-07-03

Post by TechBug Saas »

have not heard you tilt yet, I'm assuming it's an overly critical comment towards yourself :)

but again, I wasn't there this time
Ben Lear

Post by Ben Lear »

Another Fab fleet, loads and loads of content. I got plenty of practice using the Deacon logi it made a nice switch going AAF and reping armour!

Thanks again for organising the fleet, the nightmare kill was obviously the highlight but the over content mix was great , the Heron on the PVE combat site was a terrific change of pace . You are far to hard on yourself the tilting was very low key considering the scale of the fights.

'Ben' has done his normal tweet... https://twitter.com/BenLearEve/status/1 ... 4744365056

Already looking forward to your next fleet :D
bazingamogus

Post by bazingamogus »

I feel like nightmare fight was tilting, so it would've been weirder if you didn't tilt. I know I did !

What matters is that despite this you still managed to call all the right stuff and see it through ! Very well done.

Thanks everyone for coming, was fun flying with yall !
Aion Tyr

Post by Aion Tyr »

Great event!

The fleet was well commanded… I don’t think the “tilted” passages were a highlight, even if one self-evaluation may say otherwise.

Finally, the skills of every pilot did the job as you intended… great scout and cunning tackler… quick reaction from the fleet members when in gate… all that contributed for such success, plus as you said, there was room for trying and improving skills.

Thanks a lot for FCing!

Raas Caslo / Aion Tyr
Uryence
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Post by Uryence »

Thank you all, that's very kind of you to say. Maybe not 'tilted'—but I'm always striving to be calmer! In any case, 'twas a good fleet. Here's to the next one!
2022 fleet command cumulative delta: 31,133,865,536 ISK