[AAR] Budget Nanogang | 2022-06-25

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Uryence
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

[AAR] Budget Nanogang | 2022-06-25

Post by Uryence »

We formed for a small gang in Jita and yeeted out.

Roam members (7)
Spoiler
Clarityz - Osprey Navy Issue
Gideon Mastracci jr - Flycatcher
TechBug Saas - Brutix
Uryence - Stabber, Osprey Navy Issue
Void Delver - Scythe
bazingamogus - Malediction
Kills and Losses

(15:05:24) G-EURJ

We whacked a Hulk.

Hulk +210.65m

(15:12:36) RQN-OO

A few systems over, our scout managed to catch a Gila.

Gila +481.07m

While we were killing the Gila, a Flycatcher warped in. D-scan was staying fairly clear otherwise, so we stayed to finish the Gila. The Flycatcher bubbled on landing and bazinga scram-passed it to stop it from burning into us and scramming/bubbling us too quickly.

Flycatcher +74.63m

The Flycatcher died in one of its own bubbles so we killed the pod, which turned out to be worth something.

Capsule +17.13m

A Caracal warped into one of the Flycatcher's bubbles so we dispatched that too. You can see the Brutix's DPS potential coming out nicely on this kill.

Caracal +30.95m

At this point the locals were getting their collective rear into gear and enough heavy stuff was landing on grid that we didn't want to stick too close, so we burned off a bit. I became a bit less useful here as I'd pulled out a Stabber rather than one of the neo-nano fits, as we were originally a smaller gang, so I didn't have great range (though in fairness to the ship, the Stabber's startlingly good DPS potential had been helpful for earlier kills). We weren't in deadspace and were doing warps in and out; some of these worked, but we lost our Brutix to one that didn't go so well. Warping in to fleet members at range, from the object to which you're burning, or something near that object, is the name of the game.

Brutix -87.31m

We picked off one more tackler before pulling off grid.

Slasher +2.65m

This was a fight that went really well for us. We were lucky that our opponents were uncoordinated, but we also communicated well, collectively judged the right moment to burn off, and moved our pointing and scramming capability around targets so we could kill things.

Learning points are: (1) to be careful about warping back in, and (2) to revisit ship selection if the gang size changes before undock: I could've added 30% or more DPS to our efforts in the nano part of this fight had I been in a ship with better damage projection.

Still, overall, an E-Uni gang held a grid for a time while seriously outnumbered and outgunned, and that's not something that happens often! And even the Brutix loss was mitigated by the way that these fits are designed not to cost too much.

(15:34:49) 4NDT-W

During extraction, we ran into a neut-fitted bait Praxis. We engaged gingerly, but couldn't get everyone off-grid in time when the Inevitable Vargur arrived.

Osprey Navy Issue -92.1m

We re-formed in Jita and I hopped into a Navy Osprey—my first time in the ship. It has a disturbingly large number of buttons to be pressed.

(16:52:04) G-6SXJ

We filamented… into Syndicate. But we made the best of a bad job and checked the delta peaks in western Syndicate. In a routine just-one-more-system-before-we-turn-round check, our scout caught another Gila in G-6.

Gila +540.18m

The locals sent in a crowbar which was in warp before the Gila died, so we killed that too.

Griffin +0.86m

(17:09:59) 3HQC-6

We trundled out into Outer Ring and ran into a Miasmos on a gate. Bazinga went through to catch it on the other side and I menaced it until it jumped.

Miasmos +17.23m

(17:37:37) X-M9ON

We curled through Fountain into Cloud Ring, where we were able to catch an Ishtar.

Ishtar +233.14m
Capsule +0.01m

(17:44:51) XG-D1L

A couple of systems along, we found an Astero which seemed to be inattentive/autopiloting/in some other way targetable on a gate. So we killed it.

Astero +151.42m

(17:51:22) 6RCQ-V

We ran into a Covetor which proved extremely slippery, with ECM drones and ECM bursts, but we did eventually manage to nail it down.

Covetor +74.02m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 1,833,952,940.81
ISK Lost: 179,405,165.78
ISK Delta: 1,654,547,775.03
Efficiency: 91.089%

Overall evaluation

(Positive stuff)
- massive ISK delta!
- a Uni gang successfully nano'd around a bigger, more heavily-armed gang for several minutes
- good communication nearly all the time and cheerful comms throughout

(Negative stuff)
- the Brutix's command bursts were super helpful and I wouldn't have wanted to do without them, but poor TechBug had to put up with being a bit slower-moving and less likely to get in on individual kills when we had to (for example) kill someone before they crashed gate
- I should've bitten the bullet and taken a Nosprey out from the beginning
2022 fleet command cumulative delta: 32,709,287,256.70 ISK
Clarityz

Re: [AAR] Budget Nanogang | 2022-06-25

Post by Clarityz »

Great roam, loving these small gang roams, and the more we do them the more comfortable I get.

Out of all the kills, I'm happiest with the dumb little dual prop slasher with zero tank that we grabbed as a superior force was chasing us. Got a little too close to the bait praxis, but it's the neuts that got me. Lesson learned. Thanks everyone.
Uryence
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Re: [AAR] Budget Nanogang | 2022-06-25

Post by Uryence »

Clarityz wrote: 2022.06.25 20:44 Great roam, loving these small gang roams, and the more we do them the more comfortable I get.

Out of all the kills, I'm happiest with the dumb little dual prop slasher with zero tank that we grabbed as a superior force was chasing us. Got a little too close to the bait praxis, but it's the neuts that got me. Lesson learned. Thanks everyone.
Yeah, agreed: the Slasher's not the grandest ISK total in the world but the fact that at that point in the fight we hadn't totally fallen apart and were in a position to grab an opportunity like that means we're doing well!
2022 fleet command cumulative delta: 32,709,287,256.70 ISK