[AAR][Jita] Friday Jitters ! 2022-06-25

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
bazingamogus

[AAR][Jita] Friday Jitters ! 2022-06-25

Post by bazingamogus »

Fleet members:
Spoiler
Clarityz - Omen 2IC
Light Exahlia - Thorax
Pbalgames - Caracal
Shukken Tekitsu - Caracal
Void Delver - Scythe FC (yes, from a logi ship)
bazingamogus - Malediction
I thought it could be a learning opportunity to experiment a bit with ping/ fleet times, but even though we did get more people than usual, I'm not sure if the timing had any effect on that whatsoever.

Void helpfully stepped up as FC and proceeded to volunteer people to different roles. We figured new cheap nano doctrine would work wonders, although we couldn't get anyone to fly the battlecruiser in the end. We were ready in about 30 minutes which I think is a good formup time.

We yeeted to Fade, warped around some systems with npc delta, but never really found anyone before the response fleet showed up. It consisted of like 2 ceptors, some caracals, a loki, a vedmak and a sleipnir. Unfortunately, while trying to regroup (? i wasnt there myself) we lost a caracal on the gate.

Caracal -19m
Capsule -0m

After safely warping off in the next system, Void decided to scout the ingate grid with his Scythe by warping at a hundred. He then promptly got himself tackled and asked fleet to warp to him to fifty to be in point/ damage range to maybe try and peel the stiletto.

It was a fun little engagement and I think (and most of our fleet agree) that we could've walked off with some kills even, if not for the bad start. Basically by the point our gang landed, scythe was in half shields and if we could've dealt damage while scythe was getting primaried I think we had great chance of killing stuff. Some of their pilots were also out of position and that was something we could've punished more.
After Void's tragic demise we scattered only losing Light's thorax in the process, although good attempt to escape was made.

Scythe -33m
Capsule -0m
Thorax -33m

With renewed timers we decided to regroup by gating towards jita, to link up with our dead members. The lowsec route went through kinakka and we were not about to get camped so we switched our route to a highsec Thera entrance instead.
On our way there, we (me+clarity+shukken) found an omen ~12km off the highsec gate. I called bait but as 2IC put it "yeah, whatever", so we aggressed it, I tackled first, warped off cause guns, when I got back our caracal got scrammed and died to omen+guns. :c

Caracal -33m

No interesting escalation ensued, we poked at them for a bit (vexor joined the omen on gate) until they deaggroed and jumped.

Took us almost an hour to get to Thera, get out in some real dead place (Period Basis), jump around a bit, yeet (Omist) and jump around a bit more, until we had our next (and last) timer reset.
Basically I jumped into the system with that gila and the only anomaly within ~5au was this one rally point. There was no way to catch it if it was ~30au away because the person was paying attention.

Gila +302m

We were on our way back to Thera, so we made the 6 jumps and ended the fleet.
I think at some point we were also trying to bump an iteron off the athanor and I think I lost a praxis even though I had it locked and point preactivated. I think we could've killed it.

Stats:
ISK Destroyed: 302m
ISK Lost: 118m
Delta: 184m

Overall:
+ Killed one thing !
+ Had fun c:
+ We got into a manageable engagement, just in the wrong way

- Having no/ just two points in the whole fleet is not the best
- Took the bait, but wonder if that was a badly executed right decision
- Bots make me sad

Thanks everyone for coming !
See you in space soon
Clarityz

Re: [AAR][Jita] Friday Jitters ! 2022-06-25

Post by Clarityz »

Hopefully I can fly the Oracle one day. The Omen didn't feel super great due to the lack of utility, and the damage was a bit underwhelming, probably due to my skills. I'll definitely grab something with a point some time.

Some interesting situations, I had fun. Thanks for pinging/scouting and thanks Void for FCing
Void Delver

Post by Void Delver »

Great fleet, thanks for pinging :)
Had lots of fun FC'ing, this was really a learning experience for me, both piloting and FC'ing-wise.
Who would've thought that being 35km from the interceptor is not safe? :P
Uryence
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Post by Uryence »

Clarityz wrote: 2022.06.25 08:39 Hopefully I can fly the Oracle one day. The Omen didn't feel super great due to the lack of utility, and the damage was a bit underwhelming, probably due to my skills. I'll definitely grab something with a point some time.

Some interesting situations, I had fun. Thanks for pinging/scouting and thanks Void for FCing
Skills matter, but also all the T1 cruiser fits don't do tonnes of DPS at 50–60km—the startling thing about them is that they do meaningful DPS at all at that range.

I suspect that with 6 in fleet, the google doc fits are on the edge of viability versus everyone flying general-purpose fast damage fits with points and expecting to fight in point range rather than beyond it. Of course the latter option closes down some of the possibilities for fighting outnumbered and splitting people up that the google doc fits are designed for.
2022 fleet command cumulative delta: 32,709,287,256.70 ISK