Roam members (21)
Ben Lear - Deacon
Emphiny - Federation Navy Comet
Gideon Mastracci jr - Hecate
GnI Amatin - Heretic
Harlad Olgidar - Federation Navy Comet
Jak Lemmont - Vexor, Wolf
Uryence - Wolf
bazingamogus - Malediction
el l0c0 - Tristan
Rovinia had visited us before we formed, and returned while we were forming.
Bazinga got on grid with a Dominix but at some distance from its position, and it narrowly managed to warp off.
We visited some of the regular locations. Pretty quiet until we got up to FD-, where we found both some local campers in Caracals and a passing gang which was loaded for bear (Hyperion, Curse, tackle-shrapnel). We got a probed warp-in on three of the Caracals—probably a stretch with only two Deacons and limited DPS—but they bailed just in time.
Some of our regular Cynosural Field Theory visitors popped up in the pocket with a Vigilant, so we turned back. The Caracals pursued. Bazinga got on grid with the Dominix again using a bookmark (good play) but this time the Domi was aligned. The CFT gang and the Caracals and us jockeyed around in 6E- and 6-C. The Caracals set up about 50 off the 6-C gate in EZA, presumably hoping to splat some of us as we came in and either warp off or deal with a reduced gang once we were on top of them. It might've been possible to try to probe a warp-in, but it would've been a clunky and obvious thing to do, so I asked bazinga to position for us to warp to him at 100 and land on them. We didn't pull it off perfectly, and I called a scatter as it looked to me like we'd wound up in a good position for them to take us apart, but Emphiny managed to tackle one of the Caracals as it came in towards him, and we returned to burn it down. Sadly we lost Emphiny's Comet, but we came out ISK-positive (only just, but shhh).
Federation Navy Comet -26.53m
ISK Destroyed: 58,890,463.75
ISK Lost: 26,534,857.37
ISK Delta: 32,355,606.38
✔ (Positive stuff)
- positive ISK delta!
- roam unusually rich in chances to practise thinking about on-grid mobility and on-grid tactics
- some players flying for the first time in roles (e.g. Bashar as logi) did their jobs well and gained experience
- glad I remembered the 'warp 50 km by warping to fleetmate 150km away at 100' trick
✘ (Negative stuff)
- possibly shouldn't have called scatter when landing near the Caracals
- more indecision and delay from me during the fleet than I'd have liked, especially up near FD- in a fast-changing tactical situation
- 0.062 ISK efficiency away from a better percentage
As always, many thanks to everyone who came along: participation makes these things happen!