[Small Gang Tournament] Random Collection of Thrashers

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Cryptic Sharvas
Title: AMC Officer, I want all the vanity titles I can think up, Graduate

[Small Gang Tournament] Random Collection of Thrashers

Post by Cryptic Sharvas »

Found in the local New Eden News back pages: I personally deny any wrong doing
Dear gentle Readers,

I would like to introduce you to an adhoc gang of bloodthirsty university bread pirates. Yes Dear readers, I speak of the tale of Hikaru, Cryptic and William, The least feared pirates to ever grace the front pages of zkillboard. This night Hikaru Sakai was ahead of schedule and was hunting a coercer relentlessly through Old Man Star and Associated systems. Hikaru was in a Thrasher, Cryptic got into a Thrasher as well and left AMC for Old man star to hunt for this Coercer. How quaint that Cryptic wished to be like Hikaru. Same ship, same default skin, similar guns.

This poor defenseless coercer was in a small plex just trying to clean up riff raff, Rasteed Bathana was not one for PvP warping between the Ladistier gate and the small plex everytime someone landed on them. William Archer was rushing to join in a Griffin. The mere shock of it all. What could be so excitingg as killing a coercer? Everytime they landed on the Small Plex, the Coercer pilot would warp to the Ladistier gate. Everytime they warped to the Ladistier gate the Coercer would go back to the small plex.

While this was happening Cooeee in a Arty fit Thrasher landed on and took out Hikaru. Hikaru went and reshipped:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/94003954/ -1.7M

William Also died due to landing at an unfortunate time. William Went to reship:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/94004017/ -1M

At this point we would have hoped dear reader that this band of 3 misfits would have learned their lesson. However no, Cryptic was bloodthirsty and saw nothing but a way to get that shiny killmark on his ship. Very ungentlemanly of him. For sham on you Cryptic. Chasing that Coercer pilot between gates and the small plex over and over. Hikaru came back into system. Time was running out for our hero the coercer pilot and dear readers it would not end well. Hikaru stayed on the Small plex this time and Cryptic chased the Coercer off the Ladistier gate. The trap was set. But luck was shining on our Coercer Pilot one last time. This time Hikaru was in a Arty Thrasher and didn't have point, which dear readers in not how you keep someone around and interested. So the Coercer warped off just as Cryptic was landing to try and help out, Cryptic really is late to the party this small gang season. Will he ever find a regular gang to roam with? This time Hikaru warped to the Ladistier gate and chased the Coercer pilot back to Cryptic. The trap was changed and of the thousand and one was the Coercer pilot could have stayed alive the pilot decided to again warp to the Small plex, where Cryptic was waiting. Cryptic had the scram that was needed:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/94004307/ +2.6M

Hikaru went to Heydieles to scout for This group. William was still reshipping. It was still Hikaru and Cryptic. Hikaru found a Vexor in a medium using D Scan. This is where our tale of small gang PvP takes a turn dear reader. Cryptic jumped into system and warped to the medium, Hikaru and Cryptic both took the gate figuring they could take the vexor. They did it, dear reader, they tried to hit above their weight. The Vexor was in hull. Of course, this dear reader is where the story changes for you see then Hikaru went pop.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/94004398/ -4.2M and free pod death: https://zkillboard.com/kill/94004450/

Cryptic should have know he was in trouble. He should have over heated his guns from the start, at this point in the dance of the small gang ritual of combat, Cryptic over heated his guns. Cryptic however was alone in this and could not tank the Vexor or break the vexor's tank now that Hikaru was gone. Alone and outgunned, Cryptic died a quick death: Dear readers never commit the faux pas of forgetting to overheat those guns.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/94004406/ -11.1M Cryptic continues to shock polite society by not removing loot from cargo hold, dear reader.

After this Hikaru had to Leave and it was just William and Cryptic. Cryptic reshipped and fitted T2 guns for better dastardly piracy. William and Cryptic returned to old man star and they found the same Coercer pilot again. Figuring he was up to his old tricks they, dear reader, warped to the small to find another thrasher in there. Dear reader, this would be as capsuleers would say, taking the bait. They warped in, the thrasher was 40 off the warp in point. Dear readers, have they fallen for a trap? They lit their microwarp drives and started burning for this thrasher as the thrasher started to move away. Eventually William caught up and got webbed. Figuring this was a arty thrasher, Cryptic had asked William that once he got in range of the webs to burn back towards Cryptic. This slowed the escaping thrasher and forced him to come closer, Cryptic having not been web closed ranks and got scram on the thrasher. This tale is getting rather long dear readers, so I will keep this short. Once They had scram the Thrasher died.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/94005146/ +22.2M

With only a caracal wanting to keep range and shred them in system they departed old man star and went looking for War targets. Having not found any war targets they called it a night and faded back into obscurity.

Keep Safe Dear Readers,

Lady Foghornington

Losses: -18M
KIlls: +24.8M

Participants:

Cryptic Sharvas
Hikaru Sakai
William Archer
Image ImageImageImageImage
Cryptic Sharvas

Re: [Small Gang Tournament] Random Collection of Thrashers

Once again I would like to deny any and all accusations found on the back pages of the New Eden News. Lady Foghornington really has it out for me

Allisander Sarkas, Daemonh0st and myself were just doing some exploration
Greetings Gentle readers,

Once again, safely on my perch in Averon, I can see all the comings and goings of capsuleers and this small gang season, one capsuleer has stood out as highly uncapable of finding a gun on his ship, yes, my friends I am referring to Cryptic Sharvas. On this night he struck out more times then Bill Bergen. Cryyptic was rather blood thirsty this night and he desired and lusted for that sweet sweet salt in local that only a good fight could satisfy. In and out he went from wormhole to wormhole. The hunt was on. In and out. In and out. Exploring and discovering each and every hole in the constellations around Averon. In and out. In and out. All this time discovering that if you visit too many wormholes it all ends very anticlimactic. In and out. In and out. trying to satisfy his blood lust. Finally system of Carirgnottin, Cryptic found his prize. He gathered up a couple of friends, Allisander and Daemonh0st waited outside the wormhole and Cryptic went on the hunt. He was on grid with a venture. Will it die? He got close. very close. He could see the mining lasers reflection off the venture's newly minted hull. He showed him, exposing the Battle Astero he was flying for all to see. HE started locking up thee venture 75% till complete lock, scrams ready to go. It was on. Cryptic was going to find his tango partner. 80% it waas about to happen. And then a funny thing happened. The Venture warped off and left Cryptic's warm embrace. Cryptic failed to follow. The fight was over. Satisfaction denied.

At this point in our story Cryptic really needed a kill... out he went into K space. In he went into another wormhole. Dear readers, this time he found a bigger prize. a Prospect. Cryptic Scanned down the sig he thought the prospect was at and found it was a gas cloud. Cryptic went for it and was still cloaked when he landed. he tried to get close tot he prospect but it warped away. probably a full load of gas. Then Cryptic's D scan lit up. it was coming back. Cryptic hurried to the warp in point, but something spooked this prospect pilot and he was gone again.

Dear readers, Cryptic's non adventure here should be a warning. Never thrust yourself into unknown holes. Cryptic of course didn't understand this lesson and he went into a C4 off the wormhole he was in. Cryptic was in way too deep, but this time he found a rattlesnake, a Praxis and a bunch of sigils. Cryptic the hunter found where they were with D scan and warped to take a look. This time the denial came in the form of a active POS the ships in question in the shields of the POS. back out of the C4 and into a promising C2. A Tayra on Dscan, Cryptic thought "by the structures" and he warped. he wanted this so badly. Dear readers, do you wish to know the worst colour to see in a wormhole? Blue. Signal cartel had this home. and Cryptic was denied tackle once again. A friendly conversion took place in local.

And this was the end of Cryptic's Blood lust. Completely denied as all teenage boys should be, Cryptic and his friends flew back home. Not one kill. Not one loss. They tried, but they were denied.

Keep Safe Dear Readers,

Lady Foghornington
As I have stated I deny all of this. Lady Foghornington hasn't found the inside of a wormhole since they started appearing in New Eden. Yes we were exploring wormholes and yes I did try to catch a couple of ships but just to say hello and see if we could help them rediscover their home station.
Cryptic Sharvas

Re: [Small Gang Tournament] Random Collection of Thrashers

Why Does Lady Foghornington write about me so?

Gentle Readers,

It is time once again to highlight the great ineptitude of Cryptic Sharvas. This time he invited fellow corp mates Allisander Sarkas, Daemonh0st, Viscatus and his brother Dude Sharvas. Before we continue with this story I would like to highlight to you all the dreamy features of Dude Sharvas. Clerarly he got all the looks in the family. Tonight they attempted to find wormhole PvP. Cryptic got in a Helios and started scouting. His Dance card was completely empty. He started in Carirgnottin and worked on scanning down woremholes. The first wormhole he entered was bubble camped with a Apocalypse, Broadsword and Hecate on the wormhole. He quickly exited it looking like a brown pants explorer and then he did what no one thought he would. He pinged everyone. Absolutely everyone. IF polite PvP society wasn't annoyed now, they surely would be. Some members joined the fleet he created and he headed back to see if there was still trouble. In the wormhole the camp had been struck in the night and was gone. They were the wormhole Ninjas of J164126. It is reported dear readers that at this point in the PvP mating ritual, Cryptic was feeling rather dejected at this rejection to his request for a PvP Dance. The fleet stood down and they started to see what was in other wormholes.

Dear readers, Cryptic was again in the Helios with an empty PvP Dance card. He went into one wormhole and found nothing. back out to known space. He went into J152931 and he found on Dscan a Praxis. Cryptic checked his digital PvP Dance card and it was go time. D-scan hunting and Cryptic found the site he was in. Sitting there cloaked, 100km off a wreck bookmarked. This dear readers was getting Cryptic a little too passionate for this event. On comms, Cryptic assembled a ragtag fleet with a Thrasher, Gnosis, Stratios and Coercer to take out this Praxis. Meanwhile the Praxis moved to another site and Cryptic moved along with him and watched.

It's about to happen dear readers. Can you sense the anticipation? The first wave of rats went down. The second wave of rats melted. The last wave with the four frigates and 2 battleships started to melt. 4 frigates down, 1 Battleship gone. The last one in Hull. Now was the time. The fleet went. The jumped. 15 seconds on cloak timers, Cryptic yelled to warp warp warp to the bookmarked MTU and the fleet moved. Can you sense it. The Praxis was being scrammed, orbits set, They started to shoot it fast. They switched to make sure the MTU went down. Dude Sharvas went down to Drones, unable to warp off in time. https://zkillboard.com/kill/94157608/ The MTU died. https://zkillboard.com/kill/94157633/ And then aa Hecate friend warped in. Damage was switched to the Hecate. We needed to push them off. But then the worse thing happened. The Climax was reached and They were unknowingly on the other side. https://zkillboard.com/kill/94157641/ The Gnosis went down. and the fleet scrambled to get out. no longer having the DPS needed. This PvP Dance card was filled, Stamped and sealed by the Black Hole Drifters.

But Dear readers, do you wish to know the sandal in all of this? Yes, do you sense it? Cryptic stayed in a Helios cloaked the whole time. For shame. no gun Cryptic got the warp in and then just watched. And this dear readers is where Cryptic revealed himself with a nice "good fight" in local.

With 2 dead ships and everyone extracted from the hole, the fight was over. the Praxis lived.

Reporting on the details of Small gang operations.

Lady Foghornington