[AAR] Nullbear Hunting: Dances with Wolves @15-10-20

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
<<

Marek Holmberg

Portrait

Post 2020.10.16 11:43

[AAR] Nullbear Hunting: Dances with Wolves @15-10-20

To be honest, FCing that day was a mistake. I had very little sleep and a lot of stress at work, so iwasn't even close to operational. But the Fleet was planned and what was i gonna do? Cancel it?

Roam members (11)
SPOILER WARNING!
Asuka Rossi - Svipul
Duke Bosch - Imperial Navy Slicer
Iroh Diradak - Executioner
Marek Holmberg - Wolf
Pink Kondur - Wolf
Raas Caslo - Wolf
The Dungeon Master
Tolerin Escipion
Virgilia Hsruf - Imperial Navy Slicer
YooJin Moon - Wolf
Yto Itinen - Stiletto

Kills and Losses

(18:43:57) Avaux
Gnosis +104.31m
Scout found us a nice little Gnosis before we even reached our Target WH coming from Stacmon. Clean kill followed by a nice little game of cat and mouse, which our pursuers gave up on in the endm because we proved too slippery.

(20:28:41) IG-4OF
Imperial Navy Slicer -22.9m
Executioner -13.69m
Imperial Navy Slicer -24.93m
So, completely ignoring how we ended up in IG-4OF with a bunch of Cruisers+Tackle on our heels, it was time to extract and our Exit WH was in IG-4OF.
We landed on the ingate and were not sure if the WH-Beacon was green (it had been red earlier so there was reason to believe it might still be), so warping there with an enemy Sabre closeby could have killed us all (e.g. we land on beacon, rats are there, sabre bubbles us, rats kill us before we can get out). What i probably should have done is align the fleet with propmods on while taking potshots at any tacklers that follow us while we'd outrun the Cruisers landing behind us (aka "Defensive Stance"). Then upon getting intel from the Scout that the beacon was indeed green we could have warped out together scotfree. I could kick myself for not doing all of that because i know better, but i guess that's where tiredness and overall crankyness played their part.

What actually happened was: We sat idly on the ingate (for like 10 long seconds), enemy fleets lands on us, spreads their tackles, throws down a bubble, all the good stuff. I am pretty sure that by that time we could have gotten away still, had we just stepped on the gas (outrunning points and bubble) while focussing fire on their tacklers (Daredevil comes to mind here and probably the Sabre after that). But since i missed my chance to explain any of those options ahead of time and considering voicecoms had gotten a bit hectic and disorganized, it turned into "everyone for themselves" and some got away and others didn't. Not my proudesd moment overall as an FC, but i vow to do better next time.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 104,310,328.49
ISK Lost: 61,519,929.02
ISK Delta: 42,790,399.47
Efficiency: 62.902%

Overall evaluation
    (Positive stuff)
  • We had two nice chases (even though the later one did cost us 3 ships.)
  • Fun was had. (at least some of our regulars told me so afterwards :D )
  • Speaking of regulars: There are noticable improvements in regards to piloting skills and overall fleet procedures. :D
  • Cutting down the scanning time was right and next time i can easily cut it down further (ok we used 2 WHs in total, which is unusually few, but still, we never use half our WHs on a regular day.)
    (Negative stuff)
  • Next time when i am that unfit, i will hand off Fleet command to someone else.
  • I know some people don't wanna hear my "Offensive Stance" vs "Defensive Stance" speech anymore, but the initial catch of the Gnosis (+the following chase) did cut it short and probably too short. I missed the chance to catch up on it later when we were sitting around waiting for the Scout to do his magic.
  • Over time the fleet got more and more disorganized, some people got bored, at one time half the fleet lemming'ed, comms discipline went down. A half-absent leader will do that to a fleet i guess.
  • I had some issues with my scout and didn't immideatly tell him, but instead just grew more and more annoyed without doing anything about it. We talked it out afterwards and will change a few things down the line. (my unfit state was probably a big contributing factor in this :D )
  • Overall i am not very happy with my contribution to this particualr fleet. I hope i didn't permanently turn away some folks.
Last edited by Marek Holmberg on 2020.10.21 17:17, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image Image Image
<<

Virgilia Hsruf

Portrait

Post 2020.10.16 15:30

Re: [preliminary] Nullbear Hunting: Dances with Wolves @15-10-20

I enjoyed myself and note that I might have been a huge bit sloppy. Sorry for having my part in making it messy :D

And I finally lost a ship too.

I really enjoyed being hunted at the beginning. That was a fun cat and mouse experience.
<<

Marek Holmberg

Portrait

Post 2020.10.21 17:18

Re: [preliminary] Nullbear Hunting: Dances with Wolves @15-10-20

Virgilia Hsruf wrote:I enjoyed myself and note that I might have been a huge bit sloppy. Sorry for having my part in making it messy :D

And I finally lost a ship too.

I really enjoyed being hunted at the beginning. That was a fun cat and mouse experience.

Losing a ship is a rite of passage, so don't worry about it. :wink:

I hope to see you again this thursday. o7
Image Image Image Image

Return to After Action Reports