This forum can be viewed publicly.
<<

Laura Karpinski

Portrait

Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post 2020.06.29 01:06

Re: Blops'O'Clock 7

Settle down please, guys. Yes AARs should be reflective, but it's also really important people have fun. This is a game, after all.

I wasn't on the fleet but I did hear the end on comms cause Bates was using speakers. It was late, fleet was almost over and they got bubbled. Noone was terribly bothered and Yto scouted the pods home. I don't think there was too much of a learning experience from it aside from "sometimes you get bubbled and everyone dies".
CEO of EVE University

Laura Karpinski of House E-Uni, first of her name, the undocked, Khaleesi of the Campuses, mother of unistas!
<<

Dr Vitoc

Portrait

Post 2020.06.29 01:10

DR VITOCS PERSONAL KILLBOARD https://zkillboard.com/character/1080109724/

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
<<

CJ Syosset

Portrait

Post 2020.06.29 01:49

First
<<

Mangalang

Portrait

Post 2020.06.29 01:58

Cariq wrote:A quick noob question: when landing, is there a best movement for a torpedo bomber to take? I wasn't sure whether to orbit something (target? fleet?) or align to a celestial as a warp-out (I got 4 points on me anyway) or some other strategy?

I spend the first several seconds locking up targets, putting a point on one in range that isn't the primary, then start shooting whoever that primary is. Once that is done I hit orbit on the primary, having preset the range I want.
<<

Leia Minmatar

Portrait

Post 2020.06.29 15:53

Mangalang wrote:
Cariq wrote:A quick noob question: when landing, is there a best movement for a torpedo bomber to take? I wasn't sure whether to orbit something (target? fleet?) or align to a celestial as a warp-out (I got 4 points on me anyway) or some other strategy?

I spend the first several seconds locking up targets, putting a point on one in range that isn't the primary, then start shooting whoever that primary is. Once that is done I hit orbit on the primary, having preset the range I want.

Good basic approach if you are starting out.

When there are multiple targets on field it starts losing its benefit as orbiting one target may put you in a bad position relative to another and so learning to manual pilot becomes necessary. Like in this last engagement (although it didn't help as I died anyway) I started manually piloting my bomber away from the group while still staying within point range of my chosen target.

BobbyRush wrote:Can we have Grygr back bee tee dubs?

In fairness Uni doesn't have me much at the moment either... :lol: But Grygr will be heading back for opsex :wink:
Who is Grygr?
<<

Mangalang

Portrait

Post 2020.06.29 16:03

Leia Minmatar wrote:
Good basic approach if you are starting out.

When there are multiple targets on field it starts losing its benefit as orbiting one target may put you in a bad position relative to another and so learning to manual pilot becomes necessary. Like in this last engagement (although it didn't help as I died anyway) I started manually piloting my bomber away from the group while still staying within point range of my chosen target.

I had actually gotten far enough away for the points on me to drop, but then I boated back in because the target lock dropped. If I had known how many bombers had died already, and that guy wasn't going to die today, I would have kept going.
<<

Zeeba Eatah

Portrait

Post 2020.06.29 17:57

Jim Jams?

Best Jams.

I have yet to join a JJ blops since my return; this must be rectified. You seem to be filling the shoes of Hong Hu quite nicely!

♥️

PS I got your burrito right here.
<<

Zeeba Eatah

Portrait

Post 2020.06.29 17:59

CJ Syosset wrote:First

I heart your face.

So much.
<<

Philip Oksaras

Portrait

Post 2020.06.29 18:12

unstable unit wrote:Queen Mother Laura.

Surely you mean Queen? Would Azmo then be Queen Mother? Then Bates gets to be Prince Philip and Jilo gets to be Charles :lol:
<<

Zeeba Eatah

Portrait

Post 2020.06.29 18:13

Cariq wrote:A quick noob question: when landing, is there a best movement for a torpedo bomber to take?

Ok, not the right answer, I immediately lock up targets and overheat for a few rounds on the primary before orienting myself.

This plays the numbers game: typically, the bombers will outnumber the target(s) and thus killing the primary is paramount as this allows the fleet to exfiltrate much sooner before back up for the target can arrive.

Remember that your sig radius is significantly small, and thus with your AB, you can putter around the target quite efficiently.
Previous

Return to After Action Reports