[AAR] A Short But Sweet Kitchensink Frigate Fleet

Amoni Panala

[AAR] A Short But Sweet Kitchensink Frigate Fleet

Post by Amoni Panala »

Preamble:

It's an 1 hour until fleet undock and I notice that there's no contracts up at our form-up station. What did I do wrong? I figured I must have filled out the request form with Production wrong and told them to deliver them a different day or messed it up in such a way that they didn't even make the ships (did I forget to hit submit on the request form?) and so the panicked thoughts went on. I decided that if people were expecting a fleet then they should get one! I put the word out over Slack that we're still forming up only now we'll be kitchensink rather than Rusty Frigates(TM). After announcing that it would now be a kitchensink frigate fleet, I get a message asking me if I still want the ships. I explained that since I told everybody it was kitchensink that I wasn't going to make it even more confusing by switching back. Without the LSC market, I had to fly over to HSC and put together a ship. Turns out that none of the stuff in my hangar at LSC or HSC had suitable ships. They were all either logi or T1 industrials. I cobble together a ship, but really it was so ugly that not even its mother (me) loved it. I put together my ship and flew back down to LSC.

Roam members (5)
Spoiler
Amoni Panala - Executioner
Jehoshaphat Ambraelle
Kardoon - Rifter
Nordsee Orth - Atron
Zech en Marland - Tristan
We headed out into the usual roaming haunts. As soon as we made it in Renarelle both myself and others noticed a Harpy in a plex. I warped to the plex and asked the rest of the fleet to align to that location. I slid the gate and and landed tackle. The Harpy seemed unconcerned with my presence and kept shooting the rats. To be fair, I would hardly be concerned by an Executioner either. I didn't know it at the time, but Executions are glass cannons and they're not even really good at that either. The fleet warped to me and slid the gate as quickly as they could. They locked onto the Harpy, but I went down rather quickly so I ended up FCing from my pod. A Tristan joined the fight and I told one person to defang while we focused the Harpy. We lost three ships in that little fight, but the Harpy went down. Hindsight, I waited too long to tell someone to defang. I know the Tristan was useless without its drones because after the fight the Tristan tried to pod me but didn't even have enough damage left to send my corpse to Bob without its drones. We headed back to Archavoinet, but again there's no market so there was nothing to reship to and so I called it over and done.

Kills and Losses

(00:29:26) Renarelle
Executioner -2.68m
Harpy +57m
Rifter -6.93m
Tristan -0.58m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 57,004,772.31
ISK Lost: 10,187,093.99
ISK Delta: 46,817,678.32
Efficiency: 84.839%

Overall evaluation

(Positive stuff)
  • Managed to make something happen despite circumstances being what they were.
    We took out the Harpy!
    Did I mention we took out a very mean looking Harpy?
(Negative stuff)
  • There is a laundry list of things I could complain about, things that I could be critical about, but honestly... This may have been more of a small gang roam, but it was good. Nothing to list.
She/her
Killboard
Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Zech en Marland

Re: [AAR] A Short But Sweet Kitchensink Frigate Fleet

Post by Zech en Marland »

I know it was a bit frustrating with the contract and reshipping issues, but I did want to say that despite the shortness of the run, I had more fun in this fleet than my last (which went off without a hitch). I felt like my 0.58m Tristan was useful. No complaints.

(And let's not forget that we took out that Harpy!)