[AAR] Smolgang Fites 22NOV 0030

Kontxesi Buchanan
Title: Assistant Manager (Events), Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Senior Personnel Officer™, Dislikes You, Events, Graduate, Management

[AAR] Smolgang Fites 22NOV 0030

Post by Kontxesi Buchanan »

Date: 22 NOV 2017
Form-up time: 00:30
Departure time: 01:27
Return time: 04:35
Duration: 3h08m

This was an informal, impromptu small gang situation, so no fleet feedback form or anything. I arranged this little shindig and kinda drove it, but this was really more of a group thing. I didn't really consider it FCing in any meaningful way. Mostly just doing this so that the newer guys who came along on the second leg can get SRP.

Roam members (11)
Spoiler
Calder Ormand
Coaxster
Darmasutra
Harai Rex
Jax Renalard
Kirsid Tannaway
Kontxesi Buchanan
Maximus Hert
Rohan Amadeus
Spocknroll
Wokum
☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠

It took a while to get five people ready to go at once, but we eventually got undocked.

We cross jumped a Porpoise in Loes and frantically tried to find him, but no luck. :(

"Oh, a Velator."
"I think we can take that."
"On a gate?! I don't know...."

As we went from Murethand to Indregule, a Prorator landed with us. We decided to follow him through and see what we could do, gate guns be damned! However, he neatly waited out his gate cloak, cloaked back up, then just turtled up until we left. Once we warped off, he uncloaked and jumped back the way he came.

In Heydieles, I jumped around until finding two Cormorants at the I Hub. They were at zero and I'd landed at range, so I was sure they were going to pop me before I could burn in. But no yellow boxes ever came. Everyone landed, we got point on both of them, and started burning them down. We lost point on one, unfortunately. Either bots or someone who really wasn't paying attention.

Cormorant +13.27m
Capsule +0.01m

We spent quite a bit of time trying to track down several haulers that were buzzing about, hanging out in a cloaky ship at a POS with it's shields down, trying to find Hecates and Vexors.... Lots going on, but nothing we could get to. A Stabber showed up near the sun and we all warped there, but he was gone.

We were about to give up and move on, when Jax realized we'd cross-warped him and he was back at our medium. We all warped back, and luckily I landed right on top of him. We lost Calder, but we ended up taking him down.

Imperial Navy Slicer -46.44m
Stabber +29.86m

Jax had to tap dance around some war targets of his on the Abune gate. We were going to take a detour, through Fliet to avoid the camp, but we decided to punch through it.

In Oinasiken, we tracked a Goon Stabber to the sun. We got him, but an Orthrus and Jackdaw landed as we finished him off. I didn't make it out in time.

Stabber +31.83m
Federation Navy Comet -24.64m

We headed back to Stacmon so that I could reship and we could meet back up with Calder. Kirsid got caught by the Abune gate campers in Heydieles.

Caldari Navy Hookbill -27.4m
Capsule -0.01m

"Oh, Unistas...."
"Well, that sounded condescending."

They caught an Algos in Loes on the way back. I wasn't in this fight, so don't have a lot of details.

Algos +2.1m
Capsule +0.01m

This was a long fleet and a long recording, so I skipped some. But there was a Bellicose that we were trying to find in Frairie or something. Jax went back to get a combat prober, but by the time he got back it was gone.

A Moa and Cruor landed on the Akidagi gate and we decided to follow them through... into a nice pile o flashies! Flycatcher, Moa, Malediction, Stiletto, Cruor, Svipul. They were fighting, so we decided to get in on that nonsense. I got point on the Moa and his buddies decided to bail. Only the kitey crap was left, and we had to save our Griffin. We messed around with them a little while longer before we disengaged and jumped back into Nenn.

Moa +34.9m

"It wouldn't be a Uni fleet without someone dying to gate guns."

At this point, we got intel on Galmil and Calmil circling each other and figured we should go to Kinaka instead. FIgured we wouldn't fare well against a Cerb fleet....

I was bored and decided to engage a non-flashy Punisher that hung out on a gate with us. I didn't explain gate game tactics to our new guys before the fight, so we lost a Kestrel to gate guns. The Punisher got away.

Kestrel -4.62m

There was a Venture at a large that we all "what the heck"ed over to. We got two points on him before left. He asked if we were starved for content in local, and I responded that were indeed famished.

In Kinakka, Wokum found a Punisher and a Hurricane outside of a novice plex. I thought it was all over when our Griffin accidentally warped to the wrong plex. We lost a couple guys before he could get in place. It took us a while to burn through his armor, but we eventually got him. He was really close to finishing off Kirsid when he switched to Rohan instead. Not sure what that was about. (At some point during this fight, the Venture got wasted by someone else.)

Federation Navy Comet -25.76m
Incursus -7.75m
Punisher +7.17m
Griffin -4.79m
Rifter -0.59m
Venture +0.24m
Hurricane +75.27m
Capsule -0.01m

We cut through high sec to pick up our guys reshipping in Ichoriya. Wokum found us another good kill: a Magus outside of a small. We thought we were going to lose Wokum, but he got out with 10% hull. That was some exciting comms.

Magus +135.75m

Shotgunning as we had been all night, I had the honor of landing on a large with an Orthrus. He lost point on my a few times, but always when I was in the middle of a prop cycle. It was a very prolonged, distressing death. I maybe never warp to a large outpost by myself again. #traumatized

Federation Navy Comet -22.98m

Black Rise Matters snagged two of our guys in Hikkoken on the return trip. The way Calder's voice changed when she jumped into the same fleet made me chuckle a little, but she managed to get away.

Caldari Navy Hookbill -24.13m
Federation Navy Comet -25.65m
Capsule -0.01m

Fun was had, ships were lost. Good night. Thanks to everyone who came.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 330,419,117.46
ISK Lost: 214,782,606.26
ISK Delta: 115,636,511.2
Efficiency: 60.605%
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Wokum
Title: Sophomore

Re: [AAR] Smolgang Fites 22NOV 0030

Post by Wokum »

Great fleet and a lot of fun on short notice. My bad dying at the end--I panicked a bit on the gate and it cost me so it messed up the fleet numbers a bit.