[AAR] James Bond Got Nuthin

Glen Burney
Title: Manager (LSC), Fittings staff, Ensign, Sophomore, Management

[AAR] James Bond Got Nuthin

Post by Glen Burney »

Soundtrack: http://www.fipradio.fr/player
I'm not French, but I love listening to this radio station. Very eclectic. Like my roams :)

First of all thanks to everyone for coming out! If you were on this roam and you have feedback, please put it up in Spectre feedback:
https://spectrefleet.com/feedback

So I had a weekday night free and there was nothing on the UNI and Spectre calendars so I advertised (with somewhat short notice) an armor dessie roam. We had a boosher (thanks Budda!), we had a Falcon for a bit, and we had a L2L wormhole to Amarr/Minmatar FW in Iges! That's my FAVORITE!

We assembled in Stacmon, and a few Spectre bros were in Dital which was fine because the systems were only seperated by like 8J with the WH. Glen acted as the FC/Scout since no one volunteered. It's not a terrible idea, and the only time it's kind of hairy is when the body of the fleet has a target and the FC is a system ahead. That happened a few times, but we're all big boys, right? Shoot the things, don't die :)

So I was in OST on the Stacmon gate and there was a Dominix, not flashy, on the gate at 0. I was trying to get him to aggress me while I ordered the fleet to undock and warp to the gate on the other side. As this happened, a neutral Gila with a 5M Kill Right landed on the gate. I immediately activated the KR, notified the fleet, and the Gila jumped. Good times!

Gila +395.42m
Capsule +5.98m

As we wrapped up the Gila, Budda was in OST on the Stacmon gate and reported that a Stratios aggressed. We all crashed gate, jumped, and kilt that Strat!

Stratios +389.45m

Well, that was a nice start! A couple of ranged BC fiddled with us in OST, and Agoze was dead, so we got into Iges and took the WH to Amarr Minmatar FW. Some guys from Dital joined. First we broke up a gatecamp:

(01:47:22Z) Huola
Gnosis +153.6m
Moa +32.28m
Capsule +5.78m

Now we were all hunting in Huola and those Gatecamp guys undocked an Archon. We didn't have decent jam support so there wasn't much we could do. Unfortunately we lost a Confessor to him... And I remember someone saying they lost a ship to rats, but I wish I had checked that! The rat was a Mordu Battleship, which drops a Barghest BPC! Gaw, that's worth like 400M at least! With a good warp-in I think we would wreck him too. GAW!

Confessor -82.02m
Garmur -93.55m

We lost a griffin here, which is awesome. Lose all your griffins, I love you guise!

Griffin -1.95m

Now we found a frigate gang, but they did not know about us, and we set upon them a bit. Then there were also a few cruisers we popped on gates in the area. Finally, we chased a neutral Orthrus off a gate, and lost two interceptors in the chase. This was one of those cases where I was away from the fleet and the chase started without me there. So I feel kinda responsible, by the time I arrived the Orthrus was like 100k off the gate. I tried to remind people about gate guns, and we should know better, but I know what bloodlust feels like, and I was not there . Blinds the senses it does.

(02:05:28Z) Kamela, Lamaa
Merlin +15.76m
Punisher +9.66m
Punisher +7.79m
Vexor +25.58m
Capsule +0.01m
Stiletto -46.5m
Malediction -56.22m
Catalyst +9.83m
Capsule +0.75m

After a short break I asked us all to burn back to the WH system to go check out OST again. Sadly, the route for some people included high-sec, and some of those people were criminal (i.e. less than neg 5), and they got concordokken.

Retribution -71.82m

Now some fun stuff happened, we were kinda pursuing a VNI in OST when people reported a Battleship in Dast. This was clearly an instance where not having the FC with the fleet was a bit of a problem. Maybe next time I'll get a 'Leftenant' or something to command the body of the fleet while the FC hunts? Budda got a great boosh on the guy and we wrecked him. Then, Jack got lucky and smart and popped a shiny pod while his timer expired.

Maelstrom +311.92m
Capsule +682.53m

From there, we went up the pipe towards Tama. We found an arazu derping off the gate in Mel. Maybe he was out of range for his cyno?
Arazu +261.95m

And in Tama, Budda booshed a Maller off the Station (great job again!, but get a scram on your boosher!)

Maller +32.65m

And right as I ended the fleet, our bloodlust was finally sated:

Sleipnir +615.23m
Griffin -2.31m

We didn't get any fleet fights and honestly I almost never do. This fleet blobs and pirates and moves fast and is alot of fun. I would not shy away from a battle, but I feel like lots of doctrines of a certain size need a wing of ships like this for anti-support and harassment. But it's also great fun to fly them alone. Thanks to all for coming!

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 2,956,190,477.94
ISK Lost: 354,361,868.15
ISK Delta: 2,601,828,609.79
Efficiency: 89.296%

ImageImageImage
Most all-time kills by a Unista, more than 14k ships exploded, 4k more than the next best (heart Kelon)
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] James Bond Got Nuthin

Post by Budda Sereda »

Thanks Glan for recognizing my role :)

I did not have scram as this is a ship from one of the previous fleets where FC did call for this specific fit... I was going to buy a ship with armor links and tank, but really did not have time as that Dominix forced us to undock quicker.
Yes, it was very uncomfortable to not have any tackle module, quite often felt helpless.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Few more things:

1. Great fleet, great FC's performance, enjoyed it a lot!
2. Found a new place where the content is :)
3. I'm sorry for spooking you that Oracle and calling small ships that are not really interesting for you to engage.
Kora K
Title: Graduate

Post by Kora K »

Glen Burney wrote:Soundtrack: http://www.fipradio.fr/player
I'm not French, but I love listening to this radio station. Very eclectic. Like my roams :)
Very good choice of radio Glen :)