[FLEET] Antihelion-1

Hugh Caswakk

[FLEET] Antihelion-1

Post by Hugh Caswakk »

So I wanted to give FCing a try at some stage, and there weren't all that many fleets going out in EUTZ - that I could make, anyway. Therefore, I decided to give it a go and FC something. This was the result. It was also my second fleet ever, so I'm quite pleased with it.

As doctrine was kitchen-sink frigates, and I specified that people should keep it cheap, it was mostly T1 frigates of different kinds, with Merlins seeming particularly prevalent. The scouts had slightly flashier stuff, and someone brought along a Thrasher. No logi of any kind, which was fine by me, but for a kitchen-sink it seemed like a decent composition. Numbers were also very healthy indeed, as you can see below.
Roam members (30) - NOTE: This section is NOT usually included in AARs.
Ares Dodekatheon
Azalee Madeveda
B'aldrick Aivoras
DeanSherman
Decklin Quark Reiger
Ersin Oghuz
Forturaen Isagar
Garm Zandor
Hugh Caswakk
Irene Maricadie
Jeracho Dorne
John MacDonald
Jonathan Wolf
Kernull
Kora K
Koss Vha
Muzzy Chuck
Palja Kurman
Richard Starwalker
SMBEHJ
Tlymphocyte
Trillian Arnolles
Turlough Dominian
Union Pivo
Wokum
Xana McBash
Yuri Levnik
Z0X Ambrye
Zana Fehrnah
bringdapain
Form up took a little time, about 30 minutes or so from the first arrival to fleet departure (I'm not putting in times here because the time-zones are confusing me somewhat). There were a quiet few minutes as we traversed Dastryns and Ostingele, before finding the first targets in Agoze - courtesy of Yuri Levnik, who did excellent scouting work throughout the fleet. Outriders and stragglers also killed stuff in Uphallant and Ouelletta, but they weren't with the main body of the fleet.

Kills and Losses
(17:36:29) Agoze, Uphallant, Ouelletta
Merlin +7.12m
Catalyst +2.29m
Capsule +0.01m
Venture +0.23m
Catalyst +4.13m
Capsule +0.01m

We managed to kill someone here - or at least, someone in the fleet did. I don't recall actually taking the fleet to Melmaniel, so, um, props to Kora K I guess? I think he was coming in a bit late to the fleet and killing people on the way.

(17:56:09) Melmaniel
Thrasher +15.37m

Someone else falls victim to Kora K's ramapage towards us...

(18:09:41) Nisuwa
Hecate +79.12m

Korra K continues his merry, slaughterous way. During all of this, the main fleet moved up into Black Rise - Yuri +1'd and scanned plexes for targets, and though there were a few close encounters, we didn't quite manage to catch anyone.

(18:19:00) Hirri
Dramiel +93.95m

We now return to the actual fleet proper, with Yuri catching a small gang at a plex in Nennamaila - whilst some of them warped off, we did a bag two of them, and though we also lost two our own, the ISK trade was clearly in our favour. But, with the exception of some luke-warm banter in local (much of it courtesy of our resident butcher Kora K, safely returned to the fold), the enemy FC declined to 'smear his three frigates against a blob of 40'. Clearly our counterintelligence was working very well.

(18:49:58) Nennamaila
Tristan -7.23m
Kestrel +11.36m
Republic Fleet Firetail +30.07m
Incursus -4.38m

Yuri scanned down a Catalyst for us and valiantly held a point on it long enough for the rest of the fleet to get to him and destroy it - unfortunately, he went down in the process. We took a brief bio-break here, and to let Yuri reship.

(19:01:14) Aivonen, Kedama
Merlin -5.37m
Catalyst +12.82m
Capsule -0.01m

With Yuri reshipped and another scout (Deklin) ready to go, we continued on into Black Rise. The scouts caught a Velator on the Innia gate and proceeded to scan down some targets for us in Kinakka. Unfortunately, Deklin died holding point on the Huginn - but we avenged him by killing it in a fit of glorious revenge.

(19:14:10) Innia, Kinakka
Velator +0.54m
Capsule +0.01m
Executioner -10.9m
Kirin +73.21m
Caldari Navy Hookbill -25.35m
Huginn +313.65m

Operations continued in Kinakka, when we chased some people around a Waffles Keepstar, before I called the fleet off, reasoning that most enemies would be tethered anyway, making the effort kind of pointless. Then, Yuri and Deklin, along with a variety of other pilots, found targets and we methodically warped around killing them - with a standout kill being the Proteus. At this point, I brought the fleet to the border of high-sec and ended it, as I needed to go, and declared a free-burn home. Some took this option, whilst others with Turlough Dominian as FC took the lowsec route back, no doubt killing even more people.

(19:23:22) Kinakka
Breacher -4.12m
Thrasher +10.02m
Atron -6.4m
Proteus +566.58m
Thrasher +9.99m
Cormorant +12.01m
Caldari Navy Hookbill -25.18m
Thrasher +13.8m

Overall, I think the fleet went pretty well, especially considering my considerable lack of experience (for example, on the Keepstar my thought process was 'I'm not sure what tethering does and at this stage, I'm too afraid to ask'). In terms of things to improve, I think that the key item is better use of the Vanguard - a lot of the time, I was asking scouts to hold tackle when they weren't really set up for it. Secondly, my fleet control wasn't the best, with orders often changed and some contradictory orders given - this led to a degree of difficulty in massing the full force and bringing it to bear on a single point. In terms of things that went well, the fact that I got the fleet out there and got kills is good enough for me. In addition, we were able to use warp-ins from scouts to get lots of kills. I also didn't really panic, which was rather good.

If anyone wants to give anonymous feedback, then check this form out: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... rm?c=0&w=1

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 1,256,307,129.45
ISK Lost: 88,946,801.09
ISK Delta: 1,167,360,328.36
Efficiency: 93.388%
Azalee Madeveda

Re: [FLEET] Antihelion-1

Post by Azalee Madeveda »

Nice fleet and congrats FC for your first lead fleet, I think you did great and seemed always calmed and composed.
There were a couple of instances where I was unsure what to do, but nothing major and apart from those moments orders were clear.

Just one thing :
No logi of any kind
I was logi (albeit the only one) flying a burst.

Thanks FC and scouts I had fun,
Azalee
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Yuri Levnik

Post by Yuri Levnik »

1.25BN in kills and 93% efficiency is an *outstanding* showing. I wish I did that well on my fleets :D

I don't know if you should go sign up to FC an Alliance Tournament team just yet, but you're obviously doing something right!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

Post by Turlough Dominian »

thanks for the fleet o7
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
Jeracho Dorne
Title: Personnel Officer, Mentor, Graduate

Post by Jeracho Dorne »

Good fleet thanks FC a billion isk of ships destroyed, I'd say that was a good success.
Graduate

Retired - Finance Manager - Assistant Diplomacy Manager - Low Sec Campus Manager LSC - Senior Personnel Officer - Solitude Campus Officer - Communication Officer
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bringdapain

Post by bringdapain »

Thanks for the fleet, it was great fun and what a massive turn-out and result! Look forward to the next one!
Forturaen Isagar

Post by Forturaen Isagar »

Had a blast last night in this, my first ever fleet action.

Apart from a few newb errors on my own part (bringing a Thrasher to a frigate party, lemming one of the gates, and somehow getting left behind - temporarily losing the fleet) I thought it went fantastically.

Most importantly I learnt a great deal (like Ctrl-Space to cancel a jump when a gate goes from green to red whilst warping towards it).

Grats to the FC, thought you did brilliantly.
Kora K
Title: Graduate

Post by Kora K »

Great fleet and clear FC-ing, pretty nice for a first time FC :)

For my kills at the begining at the fleet : I was flying solo until I noticed there was a fleet going on. The AAR tool probably pulled them since you started the fleet before I started solo roaming.
Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

First and foremost, thanks for the initiative and fleet !
That is a good roam and as far as I see you did a good job.
At first you were not very confident with yourself and you missed some environmental variable while we are at the beginning of the roam but that was expected since you were doing it for the first time and it is understandable to lose bits of information while trying to catch up, well, everything :)
But after a while you became more confident and more observant. You chosed good scouts and vanguards as well and you lead the fleet good. You will become very good FC if you keep staging more fleets like this I believe (I envy a bit :P) Also a little bit advise for your future fleets: "jump" command is preferred instead of "gate is green" in pvp roams. "Gate is red" can be used and then completed by "don't take the jump/gate" as well, but gate is green somehow not used often and may get newbros confused. So if you want to use gate is green, you better to compelete the order by saying "jump" or "slide the gate" :)
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

Post by Turlough Dominian »

hihi

anywho sorry was only able to give a thanks for fleet other day instead of something more constructive was busyish till now, really good fleet I thought you did prittie fine for your first fleet ive taken out a few fleet's over my eve life and still make the odd mistakes here and there but tis eve very hard to be perfect. main thing i was worried about was your scouts alot of the time we where hanging on the in-gate of a system instead of chilling on the out-gate that leads to where the scout/s where hunting , I did get confused a few times if you wanted us to jump or not like with erstin said but i am old and more use to hearing jump jump jump .

but again great fleet you did awesome.

side note i was a bold boy i did hero tackle a thrasher just because i saw it on dscan , but you and the others nuked him to the eve gate and back again gf :)
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,