[Solo] Rupture Edition - Rupping for a good time

Kelon Darklight
Title: Royal Champion of House Tash-Murkon, Chatty Kelon, Master Baiter, Graduate

[Solo] Rupture Edition - Rupping for a good time

Post by Kelon Darklight »

So I was using my rupture from the previous solo AAR (https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 6&t=105785) while the Alliance Tournament was in its final stages, so I decided to camp a bubble in null sec. Buying a very overpriced small bubble in Vli, I set up camp in the nearby system of F7C, one of the entrances to Cloud Ring. It is somewhat ideal for this as it as a freeport citadel in system to dock up at and the 2 main gates are outside of d-scan range, preventing easy d-scans.

The first victim of my bubble is !!! A noobship. I pod him just to be on the safe side of making sure he didn't leak any dank intel back to his NPC miner bros. The next kill is a bit more interesting, as a Jackdaw lands in my bubble. This is the start of many kills, including a rupture pilot twice, an atron, and the best one of all, a moderately blinged pilgrim.
Spoiler
In the pilgrim fight I attempted to keep the range close, but it was difficult due to total lack of cap. The pilgrim should have either pulled range or attempt to orbit under guns. Instead it turned into an epic brawl where he pulled to 13km at the end, and I managed to volley him while in half structure.

At this point I got bombed, then an Othrus started hazing me and I had to leave my bubble to die. I wandered deeper into null, down a overpriced small bubble and 20 minutes left on my blue pill. Shortly after that I meet up with some gents from The Culture, who wanted to culturally enrich their lives with a Kelon kill. While generally being wiling to whelp into anything, a Vagabond was a bit much so I played dodge the Vagabond while waiting for a chance at a closer fight. Eventually I juked them, but not for long. One of their inties caught up with me with a Cerberus, which was a fight I knew I could take! However, just as the fight started I realized one horrible fact.... The blue pill had expired. This would make it much closer as I attempted to outlast the Cerb clip. While generally boosting with single charges at a time, for the Cerb I was forced to run it constantly! Just as I hit half structure and pop off my last ASB charge.... his clip ran out! I managed to down him before the clip reloaded, and another t2 crusier for the brave rupture.
Spoiler
It finally met its end when I fought a dual web drake and died while trying to pull out of scram range, but it had a good life! Not many of my ships get such a good kill ratio and rake in 200mil of loot! Get out there e-uni and shinier ships does not mean you can't take them down with skill and good fits!

Kelon
Champion of Tash-Murkon
Xana McBash

Re: [Solo] Rupture Edition - Rupping for a good time

Post by Xana McBash »

Kelon Darklight wrote:One of their inties caught up with me with a Cerberus, which was a fight I knew I could take! However, just as the fight started I realized one horrible fact.... The blue pill had expired. This would make it much closer as I attempted to outlast the Cerb clip. While generally boosting with single charges at a time, for the Cerb I was forced to run it constantly! Just as I hit half structure and pop off my last ASB charge.... his clip ran out! I managed to down him before the clip reloaded, and another t2 crusier for the brave rupture.
Exciting read and good job! Sounds like the rupture had a couple of close calls before finally going down!
Press F to pay respects
F
Glen Burney
Title: Manager (LSC), Fittings staff, Ensign, Sophomore, Management

Post by Glen Burney »

These are simply brilliant kills. A tip o the cap to you o Kelon.

ImageImageImage
Most all-time kills by a Unista, more than 14k ships exploded, 4k more than the next best (heart Kelon)
Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

Great reading Kelon. You're an inspiration as always, and also very educational.
Rorhke Shardani

Post by Rorhke Shardani »

When you caught me just a little earlier in that Stabber you were flying with your dirty bubble, I wish I would have stayed on grid and fought, especially with the neuts and tracking disruptors I had on you, I might have brightened up my life with a Kelon kill.

But, I was in a hurry and quite frankly, I'm terrible at solo PvP and I probably would have lost my Pilgrim to your Stabber anyway - watched you swap into the Rupture and after checking your killboard and seeing that XL-ASB on it, I wasn't sure I could out DPS your reps anyway.

See you around Cloud Ring I guess :)
Assistant Teaching Manager | Mentor | That Annoying Class Announcement Guy | SPO
ImageImageImageImageImageImage