[AAR] The Robbery of HSC (Shared Can) (2017.07.27)

Cryptic Sharvas
Title: Pochven Fleet Captian

[AAR] The Robbery of HSC (Shared Can) (2017.07.27)

Post by Cryptic Sharvas »

Hello Everyone,

I have enjoyed running shared cans at the AMC and with that said we finally decided to take the show on the road. This time we packed our Freighter with covetors and headed for the HSC. It took most of the day before the event to get all the gear in place. And when assembling the ships I noticed that we had forgotten to pack the mining crystals. Who does that? This guy!

I originally wanted to find a quiet system to mine in however the system I had picked was mined clean the day before the event. one character with a vacuum cleaner could have finished it off. So I made the decision to mine in HSC's home system, The whole time thinking "Well this is a good way to give war targets content"

The day of the event I finished getting setup and had Greagan do the belt scanning while I finished assembling covetors and filling them with mining crystals that Stasia had managed to round up and get to the HSC. In my rush I even made sure that the T1 Strip mining covetors had crystals. I vastly over estimated how many I needed.

This was also my first time as the freighter pilot for the big show. it was different and interesting. I did notice that this was a good job for the FC to have because after the cans are dropped I can do all the paperwork and not have to look at my mining lasers. I will do this role again.

We had a good mix of AMC and HSC folks show up. most of my covetors were loaned out and I should have planned for me T2 fit covetors. I had 4 T2 fit and 8 T1 fit. Turns out that I ended up sitting T2 capably pilots in T1 ships. this is a lesson for me and I think next time I'll make the split even. All ships were returned to me once I had a chance to check my main character.

The HSC folks are brave. War taregt in system and I'm hearing "Forget about it if he comes into belt the standing fleet will get him" Well thats different then the AMC. Well since most barges were mine I figured YOLO lets do this! We started mining the first 2 belts with a war target in system. they fell pretty quickly and war target left soon afterwards.

We continued to mine out 3 more belts, then magic happened. just as I was getting the fleet to move to the 6th belt of the night on my probe scanner window up popped a Average Jaspet Kernite and Omber deposit. Miracles do happen. Of course this new belt was fresh. I ordered the fleet to warp to the Orca once we had the Orca in place. initial reports were that we had a 100 Million Isk Spawn. I've done Shared Cans before but never had a fresh ore deposit show up. The deposit melted very fast. I was quite surprised. The Neutral that had also entered this deposit might have left a little disappointed, however they asked in local to salvage our wrecks and since we literally were mining the deposit out from under them I asked that the wrecks be abandoned to whatever fate the neutral had for them.

We then returned to the 6th belt of the night, and with the time coming to the end of my shared can we neatly packed it into freight containers once again proving there is no six.

Rumours abound that one silvery Omber got away, until next time my Omber friend.

Total Isk Mined: 743,836,507.32 586,698,497.08 this has been corrected. The original number was caused by a copy and paste error

For the second week in a row, the weekly shared can has smashed records. I think the ore deposit really helped out. We came so close to beating Tordormore's weekend shared can. Maybe one day I will get the keys back for the mining titan.

Last thing to note: If you would like a Covetor in HSC please send an Eve mail to Cryptic Sharvas. I am selling them at half price (which is the price I paid for them at AMC) this is being done so that I don't lose all the rigs by repackaging them. Please indicate if you would like a T1 or a T2 covetor. they will be available on a first come first served basis for the next 48 hours. when I move the hauler out, I'll be moving the covetors out.

Finally everyone will get paid once the buyback is completed.
Last edited by Cryptic Sharvas on 2017.07.28 11:53, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImageImageImage
Christoph Patrouette
Title: HSC Logistics Officer, Personnel Officer, Breaks Things, Sophomore

Re: [AAR] The Robbery of HSC (Shared Can) (2017.07.27)

Post by Christoph Patrouette »

Thank you for this nice event and answering all my questions. Profitable, entertaining and informative - thats how i like my fleets :D
Ashley Sokolov
Title: Freshman

Post by Ashley Sokolov »

Thanks for this great event.
Mining while listening to dad jokes is much more enjoyable. I might consider moving to AMC just for them.

~ AS

P.S. Great event, 500 Points for Gryffindor.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. [...]
~ Bene Gesserit "Litany Against Fear"
Cryptic Sharvas
Title: Pochven Fleet Captian

Post by Cryptic Sharvas »

Christoph Patrouette wrote:Thank you for this nice event and answering all my questions. Profitable, entertaining and informative - thats how i like my fleets :D
You had the PI questions. correct? For the record I never got to mention tax rates. please be wary of the tax rate you pay at a POCO. Train Custom Code Expertise to level V to avoid some of the Concord tax in high sec and avoid any POCOs with a tax rate above 8% (after having CCE to V)
Image ImageImageImageImage
Christoph Patrouette
Title: HSC Logistics Officer, Personnel Officer, Breaks Things, Sophomore

Post by Christoph Patrouette »

No, i was the guy with the containers :wink:

Btw. if anybody is interested you can leave me some feedback on my draft:

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/User:Chr ... /Container
Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

Thank you Cryptic for organizing this event in HSC for all AMC and HSC residents! I could not attend but from what I read it was a blast!
And yes we like to chase and shoot down Wartargets :P

Until next time we meet, fly safe o7
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Andrew Nightshade
Title: Solitude Officer, Sophomore

Post by Andrew Nightshade »

This:
This was also my first time as the freighter pilot for the big show. it was different and interesting. I did notice that this was a good job for the FC to have because after the cans are dropped I can do all the paperwork and not have to look at my mining lasers. I will do this role again.

I noticed it myself for Mercenary Miners. As FC, it was much easier to keep things going as the hauler. Hauler put/pulled the cans and my main stayed in station and handed out ships when needed. I took no shares for myself, although the hauler should always get a full share, since I was buying it didn't seem right. :)
It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
-- Ashleigh Brilliant