Heat damage

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Paledan Safemal

Portrait

Post 2016.06.27 18:17

Heat damage

I remember that T2 modules used to be more susceptible to heat damage than, say, meta 4 ones. Is that still the case? Doing show info on the modules indicates no difference.

Related question: is there a table, somewhere, that would show how much heat damage any module can take? Ditto with a table with nannite repair paste costs (the latter could be established experimentally by someone anal enough, I suppose, it would just take a while).
<<

Seamus Donohue

Portrait

Post 2016.06.27 20:34

Re: Heat damage

Each module has 40 HP, and so far as I know, those hitpoints are only lost because of heat damage on that power rack.

There should be an entry in the Attributes tab for Heat Damage (but I'm not logged in so I can't check the exact wording). Microwarpdrives and Afterburners will have a larger value for this than active resistance modules. The larger this number, the more heat the module will add to the power rack while cycling overheated.
<<

Paledan Safemal

Portrait

Post 2016.06.28 16:32

Re: Heat damage

Thanks for your reply.

Seamus Donohue wrote:Each module has 40 HP, and so far as I know, those hitpoints are only lost because of heat damage on that power rack.

Yes, so far nothing new.

Seamus Donohue wrote:There should be an entry in the Attributes tab for Heat Damage (but I'm not logged in so I can't check the exact wording). Microwarpdrives and Afterburners will have a larger value for this than active resistance modules. The larger this number, the more heat the module will add to the power rack while cycling overheated.

Yes, that was my understanding, but it appears things have changed since the last time I looked.

I took some random modules off some of my fits, hit the "compare" button, and lined them up.

So we have MWDs generating 19hp, webs do 5, guns do 0.8, so far nothing shocking: everybody knows you can overheat your guns for longer than you can your MWD.

My first question is: how exactly does the formula work? Theoretically, 19/40 means your MWD will burn out on the 3rd OH cycle, and we all know that can happen but is not automatically true.

My second question: it used to be that T2 modules were more vulnerable to heat than other modules. I have only looked at a handful, but it now appears that all metas have the same heat characteristics. I found one exception - again, from a limited sample - and the results were counter-intuitive:

T1 and T2 invulns, as well as one storyline invuln, are less susceptible to burning out from overheating than all the other variants of that module, including officer mods and the Meta version. WTF?

Is it a documented intent from one of the module tiericide passes?

I wonder if we could make a table with the various types of module and their heat characteristics, to put in the wiki.

Return to Ships, Modules, Charges and Items