Links training sequence

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Rashar Arji

Portrait

Post 2016.04.23 01:49

Re: Links training sequence

I think you should read the LSC sub forums and see how much time I've spent outside wormholes for yourself. Not all wormhole fights are armor, at zero on a hole or brawling. Feel free to look up our killboard. I'm not saying T3s or CDs are bad. Because they aren't, we and others use T3 for shield fleets, and CDs when going through Frigate holes. They do have their place. The types of fleet OP has shown interest in boosting for however a CS is superior over a T3 and CDs.
<<

Rashar Arji

Portrait

Post 2016.04.23 01:51

ViulfR DeWolf wrote:Rashar, thanks for the reminder, I think the suggested que gets me a glide path where I want to be: skirmish for overall PVP, siege for shield fleets and incursions, armor for dragon slayers/ POS/ WH ops and info for once I start doing more falcon/ECM type stuff (should we get enough jammers, dampers, disrupters to make a full wing/ squad). So thanks again all, this builds my confidence that I'm at least pointed in the right direction.

I'll just leave this here. Maybe I missed whatever. It's 3.30 am after all...
<<

Glasi Vookto

Portrait

Post 2016.04.23 10:43

Rashar Arji wrote:I think you should read the LSC sub forums and see how much time I've spent outside wormholes for yourself.

And I think you should not assume that if one is in the Uni means their whole Eve knowledge is limited to the Uni :)

Rashar Arji wrote:I'm not saying T3s or CDs are bad. . Because they aren't, we and others use T3 for shield fleets, and CDs when going through Frigate holes. They do have their place. The types of fleet OP has shown interest in boosting for however a CS is superior over a T3 and CDs.

Rashar Arji wrote:
ViulfR DeWolf wrote:Rashar, thanks for the reminder, I think the suggested que gets me a glide path where I want to be: skirmish for overall PVP, siege for shield fleets and incursions, armor for dragon slayers/ POS/ WH ops and info for once I start doing more falcon/ECM type stuff (should we get enough jammers, dampers, disrupters to make a full wing/ squad). So thanks again all, this builds my confidence that I'm at least pointed in the right direction.

I'll just leave this here. Maybe I missed whatever. It's 3.30 am after all...

I doesn't seem to me like the OP specifies a certain type of fleet he wants to boost. On the contrary, what he lists here covers pretty much all types of fleets and needed links: skirmish for general (small gang, self rep etc) fleets, shield for shield fleets, armor for big armor fleets. A CS is ideal in these if it manages to survive and keep up with the fleet. Most often than not it won't, so a T3 will be better.
Previous

Return to Ships, Modules, Charges and Items