Blockade Runner

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Telinchei

Portrait

Post 2015.09.06 06:24

Blockade Runner

So I was looking at the price for these things and they seem pretty cheap. I want to get one for my main or my alt, but is it worth having one on my uni main, even with a cloak?

Thanks in advance
Telinchei
<<

Aren Dar

Portrait

Post 2015.09.06 08:59

Re: Blockade Runner

Telinchei wrote:So I was looking at the price for these things and they seem pretty cheap. I want to get one for my main or my alt, but is it worth having one on my uni main, even with a cloak?

It can be - it isn't a particularly long train - so if you don't mind a few weeks fallow, it's fairly easy to also put it on an alt on the same account.

As long as ensure that you always travel around like everywhere is nullsec - then you should face little danger (you always want to cloak, as there are a few places where there is opportunistic ganking of BRs because they are unscannable.
<<

Lill Oddleif

Portrait

Post 2015.09.06 09:07

It's doable on your main. The entire reason to fly a blockade runner is to move stuff in hostile space. That means you're going to have to be familiar with things like instabookmarks, using server ticks to avoid a gatecamp, etc. Running it on your Uni character means that you'll just have to treat highsec as hostile space.

That said, doing it on an alt is more practical, since Transport Ships also opens up DST's and you can keep training it into freighters/JF's; while using your main to +1 in a cloaky - and for freighters - run a webbing alt.
<<

Aren Dar

Portrait

Post 2015.09.06 12:48

You have to treat everywhere as hostile space anyway - or at least it's best to do so because of the reasonable chance of being ganked in highsec.

Additionally, the extra skills amount to industry V and a racial industrial to V (and it's always worthwhile having the option of a high capacity hauler on your main).
<<

Telinchei

Portrait

Post 2015.09.16 09:51

Thanks very much for your input all - and yes, I am aware of how to operate in hostile space, I've been working around Dodixie every now and then with essentials. I guess I might as well get a Viator up once I finish my cloaky training, but I imagine joining WHC will shake things up a little, especially with respect to using in-corp bookmarks (even though it's only 1 warp from the HS static to the POS itself).

With respect to the ship skill pre-reqs, they are not much of an issue: a long time ago I did a fair bit of mining, back in the day when it was worth training for Gallente Indy V for the T1 Iteron Mk 5. On the other hand, I may well stick to my combat plan for the meantime so I guess it will depend. I do have Industrial IV on my alt, so I imagine it will not be a terribly lengthy train should I choose to go down that path either.

Either way I'm sure I will have one soon, but probably on my main for convenience. Thanks again for your advice!

Return to Ships, Modules, Charges and Items