Auto Targeting Missiles

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

DJ puar

Portrait

Post 2015.07.13 02:58

Auto Targeting Missiles

There was a few missile updates. Such as Torps taking up less volume and Heavy Missiles doing more damage. Do the Auto Target Heavy Missiles also do more damage?
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2015.07.13 05:19

Re: Auto Targeting Missiles

My guess is no, based on the fact that their buff to "heavy missiles" in terms of hit points did not extend to the "auto-target heavy missile" class of missiles. Since they are two different missiles and the fact they forgot or didn't intend for the hit point buff to be applied to auto-target missiles, I'm making the educated guess that the same goes for the 5% damage increase.
<<

DJ puar

Portrait

Post 2015.07.15 14:43

Thanks for the info. I ran into another question.
a saber was firing at me so i activated my heavy fof missiles I got the message that no targets were available. so i waited to lock. when i had the saber locked and it was firing on me there was still the message of no available targets. he did launch a bubble so maybe that was the issue in. a separate time my fof would not fire on a mobile warp bubble when lockeed
<<

Daniel Wittaker

Portrait

Post 2015.07.15 17:00

FoF missiles are utter shit. Don't use them.

DJ puar wrote:a separate time my fof would not fire on a mobile warp bubble when lockeed

They select targets that have aggress'd you. Sometimes. They're certainly not going to target an anchored bubble.
<<

Iddo Cohaagen

Portrait

Post 2015.07.25 07:33

FoF missiles are currently bugged and do not work at all in pvp anymore.
<<

Daniel Wittaker

Portrait

Post 2015.07.25 20:44

That would imply that they once worked in PvP.
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2015.07.25 20:47

Nobody uses FoF missiles, and they have been in dire need of a change for many, many years now. But because nobody uses them, they seem to always get pushed behind other weapons that players actually use when it comes time to rebalance something. Catch-22.
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
<<

Iddo Cohaagen

Portrait

Post 2015.07.26 06:41

Daniel Wittaker wrote:That would imply that they once worked in PvP.

They did. The mechanics were a bit weird, and they'd occasionally shoot at drones or other useless things, but they would actually fire at something. Solo pvp'ers would carry them to help deal with griffins, maulus etc.

Currently, they will not fire at all at anything:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL4Z5GM92Qg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z9_N1ugYSE

Since they're were semi-useless before they were completely broken, this is apparently very low on CCP's list of priorities.
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2015.08.23 17:53

I just noticed that back at the end of July, JonnyPew actually posted a video in favor of ATMs for PvE purposes:

ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
<<

Daniel Wittaker

Portrait

Post 2015.08.23 19:53

He's getting 496 DPS out of a f***ing Tengu. With implants. In a 500m isk fit.

Drones exist, motherfucker.

SPOILER WARNING!
[Ishtar, Johnny Pew Is Awful]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II

Medium Shield Booster II
Drone Navigation Computer II
Pith A-Type Kinetic Deflection Field
Pith A-Type Thermic Dissipation Field

[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Drone Durability Enhancer I

Wasp I x5

535 DPS. With T1 drones. 681 with T2s.
<<

Rashar Arji

Portrait

Post 2015.08.24 12:47

Maybe he's a Caldari RPer?
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2015.08.24 16:11

I find drones to be annoying for AFK(ish) PvE. They tend to get themselves destroyed unless one keeps an eye on them.
ImageImageImage
<<

Daniel Wittaker

Portrait

Post 2015.08.24 21:02

I typically rat with ~1.3b in Geckos. I like to read books and watch movies while I do it. I got mad aggro control, yo.

Alternatively, you can AFK a Gila, the only stuff in highsec that's allowed to aggro to its mediums are frigates and maybe elite cruisers, iirc.

I'm wondering if you can AFK Myrmidon or Eos and run links to maintain aggro in highsec. Dunno. Harder to do because the ranges suck.

For my demonstration Ishtar, I specifically used T1 heavies to show that you can be a poor and still AFK.

Rashar Arji wrote:Maybe he's a Caldari RPer?

RPers are not permitted to try and give advice to non-RPers.

Return to Ships, Modules, Charges and Items