Which racial frigate to train to 5 first?

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Yuri Levnik

Portrait

Post 2017.06.21 12:40

Which racial frigate to train to 5 first?

Howdy all,
The time has come for me to learn how to fly Big Kid ships. I'm going to train racial frigates to 5 for one of the races and I am contemplating which one.

My primary T2 frigates will be fleet interceptors. My secondary will be covops (both exploration and bombers). My buddies in the fleet command course suggested I train Amarr Frigates 5 first for Maledictions, Anathemas and Purifiers. Makes sense to me, but I thought I would get some additional opinions.

Y'all's thoughts?
Yuri
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher
<<

Breeze One

Portrait

Post 2017.06.21 14:25

Re: Which racial frigate to train to 5 first?

All of them :)

I agree, if your primary goal is to get into a good Fleet Interceptor, the Malediction is arguably the best for the job, and the Crusader is also a great combat interceptor. Covops are all fairly similar in my view, but I do love my Purifier cos it looks like a golden pig.

If you were looking at T2 for other reasons: Assault Frigates, Electronic Attack Ships, or T2 Logi etc I might say other races have a better shout, but for what you're looking for Amaar seems a good start.

That being said, all the races Interceptors are fantastic fun to fly and you should totally get all the racial frigates to V seeing as they're not massively long trains
<<

Aren Dar

Portrait

Post 2017.06.21 18:09

Yuri Levnik wrote:Howdy all,
The time has come for me to learn how to fly Big Kid ships. I'm going to train racial frigates to 5 for one of the races and I am contemplating which one.

My primary T2 frigates will be fleet interceptors. My secondary will be covops (both exploration and bombers). My buddies in the fleet command course suggested I train Amarr Frigates 5 first for Maledictions, Anathemas and Purifiers. Makes sense to me, but I thought I would get some additional opinions.

The helios and buzzard make better covops, because they have more midslots available for scanning modules.
<<

Eadrom Vintarus

Portrait

Post 2017.06.22 02:50

Yuri Levnik wrote:My primary T2 frigates will be fleet interceptors.

Amarr (so you can have fantastic cylon raider interceptors)
NSC Staff: Hangar Team
Please let me know if any NSC hangar needs attention!

<<

Troven Smalvard

Portrait

Post 2017.06.22 10:41

as much as malediction is by far my favorite fleet cepter
stilletto is pretty awsome too, although a little harder to fit sometimes depending on skills

so i'd go mini or amarr, think about what other t2 roles you might also like as said above

ImageImageImage
<<

Yuri Levnik

Portrait

Post 2017.06.22 14:21

Would I be crazy to train up Minmatar first? I love flying my X-Wing. I mean, Slasher. Hounds are pretty good stealth bombers, if I'm not mistaken. The Cheetah would be the weak point, but could get me by until I train up another racial frigate to 5 an get a better option.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher
<<

HyperFlareX

Portrait

Post 2017.09.01 23:32

Not at all. Stilettos are the best-in-game interceptors. The rest is decent as well! You can't really go wrong with frigates.

Return to Ships, Modules, Charges and Items