Looking for a new ship

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Saurik Sahaj

Portrait

Post 2017.02.13 02:17

Looking for a new ship

Have been readin the ship loadouts and been looking to get into a new ship recently. Was looking at cruisers, but sadly, dont know much about ships or fitting them. I'm looking at cruisers and would appreciate any and all help that can be given. Again, no idea what I'm doing here, but it all help would be greatly appreciated
<<

Adree Jericho

Portrait

Post 2017.02.13 03:24

Re: Looking for a new ship

The main thing to think about is less "What ship should I fly" and more "What do I want this ship to do?" You should have a goal in mind when you design a ship, and look for a ship that best serves that goal.

There are things that cruisers are good at, and things they're not good at, and it even varies ship to ship. If you're looking at level 2 or 3 missions, they'll do well. Less so for level 4s, and incursions you can forget about. Maybe you want to go out in solo pvp, where a cruiser could do well, but only if you know a little about what you're doing. Fleet PvP is usually whatever the FC calls for, so it could be just about anything.

Remember, a ship is not a home, it is a tool. Think about goals beyond having your butt in the pilot seat. :)
<<

Tawin Raytl

Portrait

Post 2017.02.14 11:53

Re: Looking for a new ship

You have to decide what you want to use the cruiser for before you can decide on a fit. My alpha clone is currently using a tech 1 cruiser for cosmic combat signatures in high sec. My main character is using navy and pirate faction cruisers for cosmic combat signatures and clone soldier ratting in low sec. Cruisers and faction cruisers also work well for level 2 and 3 security missions. That*s only PvE then you have PvP. There is no one-fit for all situations. You have to decide on what you want to use the cruiser for.

You can find some of the fits I use in this post : viewtopic.php?f=43&t=103061, but those fits are for the specific application I use those ships for. Don't consider them general fits that can be used for everything.

Return to Ships, Modules, Charges and Items