ECM better align fit?

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Golan Ambramotte

Portrait

Post 2019.05.31 21:54

ECM better align fit?

Not sure if this is the right thread, so apologies if it should be elsewhere. I’m experimenting with cloaky ships & ECM at the moment - not sure why, just makes me smile :D One of the problems I’ve encountered (am encountering...) is the general slowness of ECM ships to align and do basically anything other than going in a straight line (bit like a Space `Harley Davidson ...) - what I’m looking for is a covert cloak capable ship that can jam ganknadoes and their ilk, but still retain some mobility. I accept I’m flying a paper bag stuffed with jammers, so I was thinking speed and range can be my tank, but the cloak is a must as an escape and for the BOO! factor :OHMAHGAWD!: just as the gankers start to gank.

Any fits or advice would be appreciated, unless I really am chasing a :trixie:

Freshman. Likes cloaky ships, jammers & donuts :grin:
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2019.06.03 12:10

Re: ECM better align fit?

Hi,

not sure if I understand your goal correctly - so please correct me if I'm wrong.

You want to wait until a ganknado goes criminal and then lock em up and jam 'em so they miss out on second and consecutive volleys and the victim gets saved by Concord - that is if it wasn't alpha-ed off the field by the first volley.

As for faster align time - the usual modules and rigs apply, but I'm not sure if that will save you. A ganknado is fit for very fast lockup times and has easily enough alpha to instapop you , if you're moving in a straight line or not at all.
On the other hand their application vs. a small ship at high transversal speed is abysmal, so it actually might be easier if you stay cloaked just out of range and if a situation develops, just start to orbit them at 500 (and get uncloaked due to proximity), do your thing while circling 'em and wait for Concord.

Zoltan
<<

Golan Ambramotte

Portrait

Post 2019.06.06 09:21

Re: ECM better align fit?

Zoltan Irvam wrote:Hi,

.. You want to wait until a ganknado goes criminal and then lock em up and jam 'em so they miss out on second and consecutive volleys and the victim gets saved by Concord - that is if it wasn't alpha-ed off the field by the first volley....

On the other hand their application vs. a small ship at high transversal speed is abysmal, so it actually might be easier if you stay cloaked just out of range and if a situation develops, just start to orbit them at 500 (and get uncloaked due to proximity), do your thing while circling 'em and wait for Concord.

Zoltan

Ok thanks for reply, appreciate it - Yes, that was the plan - I like ECM :)

I was working on the principle that a long range jam outside their Alpha fall-off would be sufficient, but you're suggesting I go in very close with a fast small ship - as it has a better chance of 'dodging'? I 'll give that a go and thanks for responding :salute:

Freshman. Likes cloaky ships, jammers & donuts :grin:

Return to Ships, Modules, Charges and Items