How to better organize my ships?

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Kano Fiera

Portrait

Post 2018.11.12 22:52

How to better organize my ships?

I have a modest number of ships, but even with just a couple dozen I have difficulty keeping them organized. With items, I can use containers (this is still awkward) but it seems like that's not an option for fitted ships. What are my options for keeping track of everything?

I also find it difficult to use the asset viewer to see what ships I have fitted and ready and what's on them in remote locations; is there any tool or solution for that as well?
<<

Falling Snow KumaMoto

Portrait

Post 2018.11.13 15:06

Re: How to better organize my ships?

Everyone seems to have their own method. I haven't found the perfect way either, and am looking forward to others posting in the thread. I keep mining ships at a station with processing rigged, PvP where I have a clean clone, cargo at manufacturing structure, etc. It helps a tiny bit.

I prefer to name my ships "backup vexor" etc., so I know which one is my "main". This has also trained me to rename my ship when I jump in it, prior to undocking, and that forces me to really consider what the hell I'm about to get into. I forget to load ammo or scripts (or the proper modules, like sensor booster vs. remote sensor booster!!) a lot less often now.

Also, in the personal assets screen, you can type "ship" into the search engine and it'll find all of your ships, assuming you didn't know the hull you were looking for. Once you find the assembled hulls, you can right-click -> simulate ship to see the fitting, or even just push "view contents" if you're looking for a plagioclase mining crystal for instance.
<<

Kano Fiera

Portrait

Post 2018.11.15 16:38

Thanks for your reply. That's a good start.
<<

Glen Burney

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2018.11.16 19:33

best way i found is to use the ship name to indicate class

abs - battleship
bc - battlecruiser
cg - cruiser
dd - destroyes
ds - tactical destroyer
ff - t1 frigate
fa - assault frig
fai - interceptor
ILN - hauler

that way the ships are all at least grouped together. Then I put a number after, indicating the fit.

a few ships get a '0' at the front of their name, like a griffin, a instalock thrasher, etc
ImageImage

Return to Ships, Modules, Charges and Items