A good solo ship preferably caldari frigate

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

The Great Hanomaa

Portrait

Post 2018.04.23 16:47

A good solo ship preferably caldari frigate

Im very new and I have an inactive corp. I enjoy it this way but im am not very good at not dieing im trying to fit a ship that i can fight back gankers with and for Faction warfare. Do you have any tips for me. I am part of the caldari i am flying frigates for now but It doesnt have to be a frigate. Thanks
<<

O'b Haru Sen

Portrait

Post 2018.04.24 10:29

Re: A good solo ship preferably caldari frigate

The Great Hanomaa wrote:Im very new and I have an inactive corp. I enjoy it this way but im am not very good at not dieing im trying to fit a ship that i can fight back gankers with and for Faction warfare. Do you have any tips for me. I am part of the caldari i am flying frigates for now but It doesnt have to be a frigate. Thanks

Hmm, I'd like to help but didn't really understand the question to be honest.
You mean high-sec gankers? (difficult/not-worthwhile to hurt them)
Or gatecamps in lowsec? (IMHO hopeless as a solo pilot)
Also for FW it would depend on what you want to do: offensive or defensive plexing, running FW missions, solo PvP?

I enjoyed offensive plexing and some FW solo PvP in a bog-standard Kestrel as popularized by Suitonia or a Talwar for the smalls.

Actually I would recommend to find someone in chat or mumble who can help you. Lowsec campus (LSC) members may be the best bet.
<<

Decklin Quark Reiger

Portrait

Post 2018.04.28 16:07

So, as mentioned, a Rocket Kestrel is a good T1 Caldari frigate for solo PvP, and you have some options how you fit it, particularly in low sec. You can check the wiki for some suggested fits, and talk with folks in the LSC about what fights to take, and how to set up for them :)

For "fighting back against gankers" - I assume you're referring to the losses in high-sec Lonetrek against the Muninn pilot?

In this case, in order for him to have attacked you without getting Concorded, you had to do something to either become suspect, or else to give him a "limited engagement timer" with you.

More info: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Timers#Legality_Timers

In this situation, given the other pilot's kill history, I suspect he probably baited you in to attacking him. (Maybe he stole some loot, or attacked your MTU, causing himself to become suspect). If you then attack him, he can attack you back. So, the lesson here is don't fall for this type of bait.
<<

Jun Mikoto

Portrait

Post 2018.04.29 18:01

Decklin Quark Reiger wrote:You can check the wiki for some suggested fits, and talk with folks in the LSC about what fights to take, and how to set up for them

I can't recommend our Kestrel page at the moment. The fittings are without any words about a specific usecase and not "just-meta-it-down" to your fitting skills imho. (But i'm working on that)

The Great Hanomaa wrote:Im very new

Means you are unskilled and unexperienced?

You have to work a bit on the first one, then the experience will follow. Have a look at the basic skills.

Try to skill a bit the HP skills first (Hull Upgrades, Mechanic, Shield Management)

I recommend missiles over turrets, they have easier game mechanic. Newbro friendly. First you want to have more damage, then more precise missiles, then a faster rate of fire and then the other missile skills. Caldari Frigate will give you bonuses to damage and flight time for missiles and rockets while flying a kestrel.

There are two main usecases for a Kestrel, light missile kiter and rocket (scram kiter). For both you want to have the most speed you can get out of your kestrel. It's not the fastest frigate out there. Navigation, Acceleration Control and Evasive Maneuvering are your friends here.

What kind of FW fights do you want? Are you farming LP, so you are sitting in the plex and want to shoot back if somebody is entering, go for a light missile kiter, if you want to hunt peoples in plexes go for a rocket Kestrel. In both cases stay focused on novice plexes. Try to avoid faction frigates and in a rocket Kestrel: Tristans.

And feel free to ask much more questions.

edit:

O'b Haru Sen wrote:I enjoyed offensive plexing and some FW solo PvP in a bog-standard Kestrel as popularized by Suitonia

Me too, until i realized Suitonias Kestrel is spezialized against MWD fitted ships. If you are in a 1 vs 1 with a AB fit, they can bring down your rocket dps AND control range. I switched to a double-web armor tanked Kestrel, it has 30-40 DPS less, but you apply them and have range control. And the option to active rep with a SAAR which is a bit more piloting but way more EHP compared to a DC.

Return to Ships, Modules, Charges and Items