Drake Fit

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

David Alaba

Portrait

Post 2018.02.15 14:15

Drake Fit

Just wanted to know what you guys think of this fit. I was just trying to learn how to fit well.

[Drake, Drake fit]

Ballistic Control System II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Shield Recharger II
Medium Shield Extender II
Small Shield Extender II
10MN Afterburner II

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Scourge Javelin Heavy Assault Missile
Auto Targeting System II

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II
<<

Eddie Dante

Portrait

Post 2018.02.15 14:52

Re: Drake Fit

To give good advice we need to know a bit about what youre planning to shoot with it, eg: npc's? If yes, what kind of npc's? Or for PVP? If yes, lowsec, nullsec, small roams, big fleets etc?

But some overall remarks:
-Ballistic control systems have diminishing returns (eg, the 4th one helps much less then the first one). In your case, the 4th one gives 5% extra dps.
Consider a damage control II instead for about 20% more tank.
-The shield recharger makes your recharge rate go from 100ehp/s to 121 ehp/sec, which is in absolute terms no difference at all, so get rid of it.
-1x large shield extender = more shield then a medium+small. Even better: try to fit 2 large extenders.
-2x adaptive invul is great!
-Empty mid slot left? A missile guidance computer helps DPS. A stasis webifier for extra dps on small stuff. Another shield extender or resistance module for even more tank.
-Field extender rig II are quite expensive, you may wanna consider the I version.
-Heavy assault missiles? Great for shooting big stuff close by. For far away stuff: heavy missile launchers. If you wanna shoot small stuff: rapid light missile launchers.
- Dont forget drones. In this case, 5 small combat drones.
-For pvp, things change a lot more.
- see halfway this page https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Drake for fitting examples

Edit: as a plus, if you havent fitted much stuff before yours isnt actually a halfbad, usually people come up with much worse ;)
<<

David Alaba

Portrait

Post 2018.02.15 15:35

Thanks a lot. That explains things quite a bit. Yes I'm very very new to actually fitting a ship by myself. Till this point I have been copying fits from elsewhere. i wanted to start off somewhere, even at the expense of getting things horribly wrong and have people tell me why it's wrong, like you did. So I learned a lot of new things here like the point about stacking BCSs.

Edit: I forgot to mention I was actually aiming to create a mission ship

Edit 2: Edited fit

[Drake, Drake fit]

Damage Control II

10MN Afterburner II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Missile Guidance Computer II

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Scourge Precision Light Missile
Auto Targeting System II

Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Warrior II x5
<<

Eddie Dante

Portrait

Post 2018.02.16 08:37

No problem, the new fit looks a lot better. If youre going for missions, most people stay in the same area and encounter the same NPC types during their missions (eg. angels or guristas or serpentis etc) If thats the case, you can look up the kind of damage they deal, and the kind of damage theyre vulnerable to (eg, explosive and kinetic). https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/NPC_Damage_Types Once you know that, you know which missiles and drones do the most damage and you can change one o two invul fields to a specific hardener (eg. explosive deflection field) for even more tank.

Additionally, your fit is called a buffer fit. It requires you to finish the mission before the NPC's have eaten through your shield. Alternative to this is change the three rigs to Core Defense Field Purger I. This gives passive shield regen (much more then your old shield recharger) and if nescessary change a ballistic control for a shield power relay.

Or you can try something with a shield booster instead ofcourse, which changes things a lot caus you then need cap regen mods and less shield extenders.
<<

DeanSherman

Portrait

Post 2018.02.16 22:08

Drake does not have bonus for light missile damage. I'd choose heavy missiles for missions.

Return to Ships, Modules, Charges and Items