Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Ann'Dra Padecain

Portrait

Post 2017.09.17 09:47

Align-time in Pyfa vs In-game simulator

o/,
I am playing with a Wingspan-example (Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p52wCC6auxo) of a low-tank, supposedly sub-2sec aligning Astero and am hitting a snag...

Based on Pyfa, with my current skills, I should have an align-time of 1.98sec. The in-game simulator (same fit) indicates that the align-time is 2.02sec. Is there any way of telling which one is correct?

Secondly, what other skills, other than "Spaceship Command" & "Evasive Maneuvering" influence align-time in an Astero (I have both @ 5)?

I can get the sub 2-sec differently than in the video, but am curious about the mismatch Pyfa/game and also curious how to discover which skills influence particular parameters generally.

Thank you
<<

Devinnis Pollard

Portrait

Post 2017.09.17 10:07

Re: Align-time in Pyfa vs In-game simulator

The in-game simulator has several problems with accuracy, especially for things like cap and shield regen, so I'd trust Pyfa over it.

Spaceship command and Evasive Maneuvering are the 2 main skills for increasing agility. However, there are a number of modules and rigs that reduce agility or add mass, which does the same thing ultimately, and there are skills that reduce those side effects. For instance, armour plates carry a mass addition penalty and Armor Layering reduces that.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.09.17 13:39

And you're sure the cloak or afterburner isn't interfering with your results? Your Pyfa-profile tailored to your skills etc and not All V by mistake?
<<

Ann'Dra Padecain

Portrait

Post 2017.09.17 14:50

I had actually removed all modules other than "Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints II" to eliminate modules influencing the align-time.
But odd, having left the game for a few RL hours and having restarted, now the fully fitted ship shows an align-time of 1.98 - same as Pyfa... :roll: Maybe the daily downtime is required to apply completed skills (I only finished "Sapceship Command V" at +/- midnight). Will keep an eye on this.
<<

Devinnis Pollard

Portrait

Post 2017.09.18 05:32

Ann'Dra Padecain wrote:Maybe the daily downtime is required to apply completed skills (I only finished "Sapceship Command V" at +/- midnight). Will keep an eye on this.
You can test that by manually setting Spaceship Command to 4 in Pyfa. If that increases your align time to 2.02 seconds, then you're the latest victim of a Brain-in-a-Box bug. :)
<<

Ann'Dra Padecain

Portrait

Post 2017.09.22 04:59

Devinnis Pollard wrote:
Ann'Dra Padecain wrote:Maybe the daily downtime is required to apply completed skills (I only finished "Sapceship Command V" at +/- midnight). Will keep an eye on this.
You can test that by manually setting Spaceship Command to 4 in Pyfa. If that increases your align time to 2.02 seconds, then you're the latest victim of a Brain-in-a-Box bug. :)

Apologies for the delayed response.
Yes, I have tried simulating the align-time after resetting Spaceship Command to 4 and indeed, align-time drops to 2.02. So the theory seems to be hold up.

Thank you all for the responses.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.09.22 08:00

Devinnis Pollard wrote:
Not victim, if I understood it right, but just didn't update the character's API in Pyfa after finishing the train. Pyfa doesn't update your char automatically, does it? Or did I miss that feature?
<<

Titus Tallang

Portrait

Director of Special Projects
Director of Special Projects

Post 2017.09.22 13:05

In-game said 2.02, pyfa said correct value. So in-game didn't update.
Scientia potentia est.
If a statement I made seems offensive to you, please be assured that this was not my intent.
If I am mistaken about something, please tell me about it. We improve through sharing knowledge.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.09.22 14:52

Oh, I should practice reading more. He did in fact say that, but I read it the other way around.

Return to Ships, Modules, Charges and Items