Exploration/Trade in FW systems

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Noh Luciola

Portrait

Post 2019.12.07 03:19

Exploration/Trade in FW systems

If I am not allied with a faction (haven't enlisted for FW) and am more interested in exploration/trade should I try to avoid contested low sec systems?

Is there any difference in the warfare/PvP mechanics if I am travelling through a contested FW system but not allied with any particular faction?
<<

Anidien Dallacort

Portrait

Post 2019.12.07 03:36

Re: Exploration/Trade in FW systems

There’s no difference in the mechanic if you are neutral - FW only changes the rules for those enlisted in it.

But it is still Low Security space, meaning CONCORD won’t be helping you.

On one hand the contested space might draw people to the system, and it’s never fun having others in the system with you when those are your pursuits - on the other hand, they might be busy doing something else.

I’d say, treat other players in the systems like you would otherwise.
Anidien Dallacort - Teacher, Sophomore

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Noh Luciola

Portrait

Post 2019.12.07 05:12

Is there any advantage to selling modules/ammo in FW space - does demand in contested space increase margins or do most FW pilots just end up heading to a trade hub when they need to refit?

Do sentry guns on stations/gates provide any cover for pilots docking up or just passing through?
<<

Anidien Dallacort

Portrait

Post 2019.12.07 05:26

Yes, selling needed items in FW systems could be profitable, since like the rest of us, FW players would pay for a bit of convenience. Just be sure you have your instadock and insta undocks ready to go, because one of the worst places to be in a covops cloaked ship, is in a station.

Yes, sentry guns would defend a neutral player, since the rules don’t change for you if you don’t enlist in FW.

<<

Noh Luciola

Portrait

Post 2019.12.07 05:52

Anidien Dallacort wrote:Yes, selling needed items in FW systems could be profitable, since like the rest of us, FW players would pay for a bit of convenience. Just be sure you have your instadock and insta undocks ready to go, because one of the worst places to be in a covops cloaked ship, is in a station.

Yes, sentry guns would defend a neutral player, since the rules don’t change for you if you don’t enlist in FW.

Is there a good method to determining which modules/ammo to sell?

Looking at the regional market in game doesn't allow me to filter by system (that I've been able to figure out) - only by module and range it seems - so it's difficult to determine what based on where...

I'm looking at third-party tools (EveMarketer?) but nothing really jumps out per se - is my best option simply to dock up and see what is selling within the system?
<<

Anidien Dallacort

Portrait

Post 2019.12.07 18:34

Market data is regional - historical volume, pricing, etc.

If you want to see what is on sale now - you can see that from anywhere in the region (with one notable exception of people who have placed remote buy orders, other players’ visibility is limited to a range based on the skills of the person who placed the order).

But figuring out what to sell where and for how much - that’s the trick with running a business. No easy answer.

If you are looking for trends by system, you might check zkill, to see what is getting blown up in the area.

<<

Rayni Ptarth

Portrait

Post 2019.12.08 00:29

EveMarketer does fair job. I use it all of the time for things. https://evemarketer.com/regions/10000002/types/207

The problem is that you are looking at combining information from several different locations and then comparing them for market inefficiencies (i.e., where you can make money). To get the specific information you requested, at the top left of the EveMarketer website, you can specify a specific region. This will let you get market data from specific regions (e.g, The Forge), you can then sort by jumps or system to figure out what the specific system supply and demand looks like (e.g., Jita versus Perimeter). Then swap better the buyers, sellers, and history tabs to collect what you need.

In general I consider anything in the same region to be "close enough". Ammo sales is also somewhat terrible because people tend to buy big chunks at a time, so they don't really care about how far they have to travel (e.g., They want 5M worth of Charge L, so they fly to market hub to buy it. They spend 20M worth of time to save on 2M worth of cheaper ammo) . It doesn't make that much sense, but there you go.

In my own search, I've been trying to understand the API access to CCP's data with mixed success. The documentation is written assuming you either know how it works or you literally only want to use the specific tools and environments provided. One very indepth guide is here: https://orbitalenterprises.github.io/ev ... index.html It has a ton of code and perspectives about how to find opportunities. I never got the code to work before I moved on to other things, but it should...

However, I have something amazing to reward anyone who reads this far. I got it from the CCP EVE Forums. If you dig you can probably find the original author. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 6VrxV-B1Fg
Yes. That's right. A google doc spreadsheet with functional api calls to existing marketing data from Eve. It actually uses the API provided by EveMarketer instead of direct from CCP, but close enough for me. This should provide some very useful information and you can also use it to build your specific case analysis. If you do find this useful, please send me a PM. I'd like to track anyone that is interested in this stuff and if there are other things that might be useful to share/build.

Return to Exploration and Wormholes