Wormhole exploration - best practices for Newbro?

For questions about exploring and wormholes.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
Laden Kanenald

Wormhole exploration - best practices for Newbro?

Post by Laden Kanenald »

I've been exploring wormholes in a cheap Probe for a while now, and it's quite profitable in terms of risk/reward.

My strategy is basically: hit D-scan regularly and get out of the way if something shows up. The "getting out of the way" part is what I've been trying to optimize. Here's what I'm doing at the moment: orbit the thing I want to hack at 2,500 m with an afterburner or MWD running. To get out, I have a destination selected in the Overview, and I start hitting the "Warp to" button as soon as possible.

Would it be better to:
  • Align to my exit destination and bringing the ship to a stop before hacking instead of orbiting?
  • Does running the MWD or afterburner while hacking increase my chance of warping out successfully?
  • Is there a difference between possible exit destination, i.e. is a bigger (sun) and/or nearer destination better than a smaller (moon) or further away destination?
Ferdinand II Echerie

Re: Wormhole exploration - best practices for Newbro?

Post by Ferdinand II Echerie »

1. Not really, since at a stop doesnt reduce your time to war.
2. No.wd or afterburner increases your time to warp.
3. Ive had experiences where if you warp to a moon with a custom office you may keep bouncing off it preventing or delaying warp. In either case a pilot with an good eye can see where exactly you went to, so keep bouncing round or go in a wormhole! Remember that wormholes allows you through even with a weapons timer unlike stargates.
Laden Kanenald

Re: Wormhole exploration - best practices for Newbro?

Post by Laden Kanenald »

Cool, thanks!

I've always had the impression that warping to my exit wormhole or to another data/relic site take more time than usual (even when not warping out in a hurry).