Combat probe malfunction

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Rikali Laru

Portrait

Post 2018.03.26 20:45

Combat probe malfunction

Hello peeps. Today I've had a relapse of an issue I had before, and decided to ask here to see if anyone has an idea.

Background:
I thought I lost a mobile tractor unit, failed to combat probe it, but there was no lossmail for it, then I noticed I actually had bookmarked it but there was a confusion with the system bla bla. Lots of fail involved there, but it's not the problem.

So there I am, sitting right next to my MTU in space, I have it on overview and d-scan. Everything is ticked on the probe scanner window. Expanded launcher has sister combat probes loaded. I scan the entire system, can't see MTU. I scan short range centered on me, hear the success (100% scan) sound, see the something green on one side for a brief moment then it disappears from probe window. If ships/drones/etc are ticked, I can see them on the probe window, but not always. Sometimes they just disappear after seeing them for a split second, sometimes they stay. I know they are there, but can't always probe them. Towards the end everything other than the MTU started to work consistently. MTU never worked. Got no issues with core probes, but combat probes are doing this weird thingy. I tried with everything ticked, only deployables ticked, a special MTU-only filter I created ticked... nothing. Tried different probe formations out of desperation, nothing.

Had happened to me once before, months ago, but at that time ships/drones/etc had never worked right. Everything was shown for a brief moment but then disappeared. I had a unista come and probe down the MTU I had lost, he wasn't having any problems. The next time I tried in the same system I was looking for forgotten drones and found them on the first try, no issues that day.

So... Any ideas what's going on? Why are some scan results getting erased although they are ticked?
<<

Malaki Stern

Portrait

Post 2018.03.27 14:39

Re: Combat probe malfunction

I got the same problem once, but for every and each signature : any scan attempt made them "flicker" for a fraction of a second, then the scan window got empty as if there was nothing.

It was just after the recent update that messed up chat windows, etc.

Applied the age-old rule "in doubt, reboot" : after logging off and log back in, everything was alright. No clue what caused this in the first place, and not happened again... for now.
Last edited by Malaki Stern on 2018.03.27 17:00, edited 1 time in total.
Malakin Stern,
Happy loss-making explorer
<<

Rikali Laru

Portrait

Post 2018.03.27 16:45

I had considered restarting client but as I already had the MTU, I felt too lazy for it. Thanks for the info, at least I now know that logging off/on fixes it :) Cheers.
<<

Biwako Acami

Portrait

Fittings Manager
Fittings Manager

Post 2018.03.28 07:56

Game isn't devoid of character only bugs. I'm struggling with one since February patch where this character can't see Corporation bookmark overlay in space. It works on all other characters.

I would suggest you try to scan any random MTU to make sure that it was just a one time problem and not a persistent one. If you are still struggling raise a support ticket.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
<<

Rikali Laru

Portrait

Post 2018.03.28 18:07

I did try and find multiple MTUs along with their owner ships, so it wasn't a persistent issue.

Hope you solve your problem :)

Return to Exploration and Wormholes