Bookmarking sites after completion?

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Sagittarius Griffins

Portrait

Post 2018.02.08 05:40

Bookmarking sites after completion?

I've been doing most of my exploration in NPC null, and often come across the dilemma of whether or not to bookmark the site (data, relic) I just finished to serve as a potential safe spot. On one hand, most sites spawn near celestials - gates, planets, asteroid belts - which makes me easy to locate. On the other hand, I don't think a potential aggressor can actually find me without combat probing me down. So, are there guidelines in general as to when (if at all) I should bookmark completed sites as safe spots?

Thanks in advance.
<<

Teshub Nandos

Portrait

Post 2018.02.08 08:56

Re: Bookmarking sites after completion?

If the Bookmark is fresh 1-2 d old dont use it. Someone else might have it as well and be persistent enough to check if you possibly are out there. If the bookmark is old 3d+ it is that much safer as hunters would not keep them for that long as well. In all cases watch out for Combat Probes.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
<<

Hirmuolio Pine

Portrait

Post 2018.02.08 11:46

While the usual sites never spawna far from celestial objects the sleeper caches can spawn over 14 AU from nearest planet. So if you spot those you can check if it is a deep safe.
<<

Yuri Titov

Portrait

Post 2018.02.11 17:02

In theory there could be cons but in practice it makes no difference if you use those locations as safe spot.

The thing is you shouldn't need to use them as safes, cuz obviously, you created an unaligned safe before you even started hacking your first site in the system, right?
ImageImage

Return to Exploration and Wormholes