C13 solo life - couple of ship questions

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Sin Tsukaya

Portrait

Post 2017.05.15 20:47

Re: C13 solo life - couple of ship questions

I'd EFTed a Confessor with an 80+km range, which would get me outside neut range - but I didn't have the speed while afterburning to *keep* at that range - a 10mn fit would be necessary, but is worth considering. Doubt the fitting room is there, though.

Someone put up an unbonussed Jackdaw kill of those sites - capless weapon systems, and dual MAAR worked there, under the guns. Not so sure that would work here - shield resistance penalties versus sig bonuses, so... maybe?

Alternatively, I've just noticed that maybe a Svipul can do it. I can probably just about get 75km effective range in defense mode, and that means that I can use a MWD to speed/sig tank from outside neut range. Maybe. DPS is painfully low, though, so I'd be looking at 30 minute clears on current numbers, which isn't great.

An extreme-range SB is a possible... but Torps aren't bonussed in a C13, so that's not amazing.

It's... interesting. (Also, right now, I'm moved out of the hole - although I've kept some scanners in there and will probably be back.)
<<

Hannah Onasi

Portrait

Post 2017.05.15 22:35

Gonna leave this here.................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr2rIjIAfsw&t=139s
WHC Admin Officer Graduate
Former PO & AMC Member
<<

Sin Tsukaya

Portrait

Post 2017.05.16 01:12

Ooh, that was the one I remembered, hadn't twigged it was a W-R5. Looks like that might work, then.

(I mean, the fit will need to be adapted to the new slot layout, but that's not going to be hard.)
<<

HyperFlareX

Portrait

Post 2017.05.16 11:23

Ninja ratting in null isn't worth it. Ratting is only good as a low-effort activity over lots if time, and ninja ratting is anything but. Stick to exploiting sleepers and killing ratters ;)

Previous

Return to Exploration and Wormholes