<<

Glen Burney

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.11.14 15:57

Gatecamp Thrasher

Hey All,
It's no secret I love gatecamping. It's a great way to just hang out and talk while in space, and gank things coming through... If you search the forum for "gatecamp" you'll find more than a few threads I've started on the subject.

The topic today is the Gatecamp Thrasher. It was recently pointed out that the version I use had an un-necessary PG rig, leaving room to modify the fit. I have modified it, but I am seeking feedback for the fitting, because I always run with a 3% CPU implant (EE-603, highly recommended to ALL pilots), but the ships I put on contract should not expect that:

SPOILER WARNING!
[Thrasher, DD-220 Dog's Tale +]
Damage Control II
Counterbalanced Compact Gyrostabilizer

Sensor Booster II
Sensor Booster II
Warp Disruptor II

280mm Howitzer Artillery II x7

Small Projectile Collision Accelerator I
Small Transverse Bulkhead I
Small Targeting System Subcontroller I

Targeting Range Script x2
Republic Fleet EMP S x400
Scan Resolution Script x2
Republic Fleet Fusion S x400

I guess what I should do is put a CPU rig in for that Transverse Bulkhead, to ensure that all pilots (well, Omegas with T2 arty and shields) can fly the fit... Thoughts?
ImageImage
<<

Eddie Dante

Portrait

Post 2017.11.15 17:01

Re: Gatecamp Thrasher

Im not the biggest expert on gatecamping with thrashers, but do you need the 2-4km extra disruptor range over the compact/scoped versions? That would solve your cpu problems.
Taking my own char i can lock anything in a dessie or bigger under 1 sec with your fit. Removing the scan res rig, i can still do that. Perhaps go for two collision rigs for max alpha? Not sure if that would gimp your tank so much, that it would forceyou to fire one less volley before having to warp off. Same for the damage control: if it doesnt dimish the amount of shots you can fire, exchange it for another gyro?
I can fit this comfortably:
SPOILER WARNING!
[Thrasher, DD-220 Dog's Tale +]

Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II

Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
Initiated Compact Warp Disruptor

280mm Howitzer Artillery II, Quake S
[Empty High slot]

[Empty Rig slot]

280mm Howitzer Artillery II x7
Targeting Range Script x2

(Also, recommending a cpu implant in slot 6 means your not recommending for example agility, speed or omega implants, which can all be pretty awesome, while a cpu one is pretty situational and a possible hindrance when you find out youre in the wrong clone :wink: )

edit: disregard ammo choices in my fit
<<

Glen Burney

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.11.15 18:48

Thanks for the reply!

- Scan Res: The goal of this fit is to be able to pick off frigates, so getting the scan res up to 1800+ is critical. I know that with this fit I can catch many frigates and hope to pop them solo...

- Point Range: I think you are correct that I could meta the tackle mod. I will run some tests.

- Tank: You suggested dropping the damage control. I believe the DCU and some tank to be valuable... Although the gate guns track perfectly and without regard to signature radius, their damage does go through your resist profile. The DCU enhances your hull tank, allowing you to squeeze out that one last shot while you are aligning to warp. Even without the hull rig, I can usually get 3 shots off before warp.

Your feedback does lead me to question the tackle mod. Thanks!

Edit: Wow, I just did a survey in Amarr on a busy gate... Everything decloaked 15-16k off the gate! A meta point will not only save fitting, it will save isk! Big Win!
ImageImage
<<

Glen Burney

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.11.16 02:32

I have gatecamp thrashers for use in armor and shield fleets:

Armor:
SPOILER WARNING!
[Thrasher, DD-220-A Fleet Locke]
400mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
'Refuge' Adaptive Nano Plating I

Sensor Booster II
Sensor Booster II
Warp Disruptor II

250mm Light Artillery Cannon II

Small Projectile Locus Coordinator I

Republic Fleet EMP S x403
Republic Fleet Fusion S x205

Shield:

SPOILER WARNING!
[Thrasher, DD-220-S Fleet Locker]
Damage Control II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Alumel-Wired Enduring Sensor Booster
Alumel-Wired Enduring Sensor Booster
Warp Disruptor II

280mm Howitzer Artillery II

Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I

I read a bit more about gateguns:

"EM: 16, Explosive: 16, Kinetic: 28, Thermal: 28, Damage Mod: 3.5, Rate of Fire: 1.75."
more kin/therm, less em/exp.

So the shield tank is actually naturally harder to gategun fire, at least for T1 frigs...
ImageImage
<<

Eddie Dante

Portrait

Post 2017.11.17 17:18

Glen Burney wrote:Edit: Wow, I just did a survey in Amarr on a busy gate... Everything decloaked 15-16k off the gate! A meta point will not only save fitting, it will save isk! Big Win!

Not completely sure, but i thought id read about there being 3 gate sizes: gates connecting regions, gates connecting constellations and gates connecting within a constellation. Ranges you decloak at may differ for those. This is also why some gates are very far away from planets and others are not i believe.

Whats the idea for the armor and shield versions 'for use in fleets'? If you need an instalocker for fleets you want it to have max tank so it can survive gatecamps for a bit while fleet gets secondary tackle and dps? So maybe tank rigs instead of dps? (also damage control instead of refuge plating increases total tank)

Return to PvP Ship Loadouts